Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Errr- it’s T20 quarter final that he plays pretty much every year.

Its not exactly The Ashes....
  • Roy has been accomodated for because he is one of "the boys" 

To shunt Denly up the order after he had just made a score just to keep a friend in the side is fucking piss poor weak management. 

Roy failed. Bring another opener in. Well, I say another, Roy never was one in the first place - neither is Denly.

And Root is happy to sacrifice Denly, but when it's his time to bat? Nah, Overton can do it.

I'm clearly speaking from a Kent perspective here, but also as an England fan. Whoever you support - this is clearly absolute bullshit management.  
    Chill out Son ! You got 38 points at Golf today!!

You are just pissed that you burgled 1st day tickets at The Oval....!

Anyways - Bullshite Management 🤣

Always completely admired Alec Stewart 199% - to defend the decision to put Roy at 4 and Denly open is BS....
  • Of course the big problem about the Roy situation now is that if you drop him then are you looking for a No 4 replacement or an opening replacement, which would mean bringing Sibley in and putting Denly back to 4.
    It seems that he is being bowled whilst on the 'walk' which means he isn't getting his front foot forward enough to be settled. A very basic flaw that will only be exposed further.
  • Had a great day at OT. A couple fewer wickets would have been ever better. We're stlll in with a shout if we can keep batting for half of tomorrow.
  • Strange that Burns wasn't called up until he was 28, and was completely out of the England system beforehand, when you consider the number of openers tried beforehand.
  • Bairstow bowled, there's a shocker
  • If Roy played that shot!
  • Oh dear. Inswinging new ball. Start of the collapse I fear.
  • Time for Buttler to contribute some runs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 70 needed to avoid the follow on, 4 wickets and a new ball in the Aussie's mitts.

Tough for us.

• I have held a theory for a long time about certain cricket coaches - they will give every chance (and more) to players they like because they want to be proven right and as little opportunity as possible to ones they don't fancy because they don't want to be proven wrong. 

By virtue of the subjective nature of this selection process, if that coach already has a connection with a player then that individual has a distinct chance of falling into the former category. However, it also means that the person in the latter category has to bulldoze his way by weight of performance to get a chance in the first place. I would suggest that when you have a Thorpe or Ramprakash as England batting coach and you play for Surrey then you do have an advantage - even if that bias is, by human nature, a sub conscious one.

Sam Northeast averages just under 40 in first class cricket. His average this season is 56.87 - 3 hundreds and 4 fifties from 17 innings this season in Div 1. How close is he to being called up for England - the argument that he could "only" score runs in Div 2 now holds no water after all.
  • Buying buying money backing the Aussies

• Stokes c Smith b Starc 26

243-7
  • All over, Aussies  1.57 now , buying money , all the wallies will be sucked in by the miracle of Headingley keeping the price up 
    we’re too fragile 
  • That's that, I think.
  • And that is that. Aussies will follow on and it will be all over tonight or tomorrow night Useless bastards
  • With only 4 bowlers in their attack I'm not sure the Aussies would enforce the follow on.
    Maybe bat for a session and let the bowlers have a rest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bairstow bowled, there's a shocker
    Through the gate. It seems like he gets "done" the same every Test innings.
  • Come on guys, we need 42 to avoid the follow on.
    Buttler can do that in 7 balls.
  • Rudders22 said:
    And that is that. Aussies will follow on and it will be all over tonight or tomorrow night Useless bastards
    Do you mean they will force the follow on or will themselves bat again. I think the atter......will give their bowlers a rest & will get 200 odd by 6pm thus leaving us over 450 & them around 110 overs to get us all out 
  • 256-8

Archer c Paine b Cummins 1
  • Golfaddick and Blackpool72 I think you are right about giving their bowlers a rest, as there are only 4 of them. Tim Paine I reckon you are right, once these are out, they could have a really good bash with the runs today and bowl us out tomorrow. Weather is good so plenty of time. With a huge lead on 1stt innings already I agree with you. Get into a 450 to 500 lead which is more than enough and will give plenty of runs for them to play with it. 
  • I think 350 will be enough to be honest. 
  • Broad arm injury not ideal.
  • Broad arm injury not ideal.
    Think hes milking it to waste some time.
  • I'd be tying and untying my laces every ball. 
  • I'd be tying and untying my laces every ball. 
    The whole team should approach the Smith style.