Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Broad b Starc 5

283-9
  • Fast and straight, that's how you get tailenders out
  • Leach is trying his hardest to become a hero isn't he
  • Aussies once again have no reviews left to overturn an incorrect decision!
  • Follow on avoided.
  • Personally, I think Leach looks more secure than Archer or Broad and I would have him batting at 9.
  • Funny how when you get 300 plus your more unlikely to loose. 
  • Personally, I think Leach looks more secure than Archer or Broad and I would have him batting at 9.
    Exactly , get him in with the batsmen and spend time out there 
    Worked in our favour again but the umpires have been poor all series imo. 
  • edited September 2019
    301 All Out.

Buttler b Cummins 41
  • Sponsored links:

• Still a long way to go but in with a shout of a draw.
    I was surprised the best umpire in the world (Erasmus), didn't give it out.
    I was 95% certain it was out.
  • 301 All Out.

Buttler b Starc 41
    Cummins?
    Not this match to be fair. Probably the first clear error so far, and it's day 4
  • 301 All Out.

Buttler b Starc 41
    Cummins?
    Ta.
  • Typical England - you want them to get 300 plus...... they don’t get 380 or 350, 335, 320. 310 even.

301. The bare minimum 
  • Warner lbw Broad 0

0-1
  • Can say 'works in our favour' but we have made much better use of the review system than them.
  • Can say 'works in our favour' but we have made much better use of the review system than them.
    Yep
  • Dont agree at all with Shane Warne re umpires knowing who has how many reviews left. Nothing to do with them at all. Will be a sad day when an umpire thinks..."I'll give that out as the batting side still have  a review left"
  • Sponsored links:

• Re the current match situation. Think The Aussies will want a 380-400 run lead. I dont think we will get close to bowling them out so as I said earlier  I reckon they will declare around 6ish tonight leaving 40/50 mins to bowl at us tonight & all day tomorrow. Depending on if wd can get to stumps tonight no more than 1 down then we have  chance of drawing the Test.......but still think we'll lose as I have no faith in anyone occupying the crease long  enough.
  • Re the current match situation. Think The Aussies will want a 380-400 run lead. I dont think we will get close to bowling them out so as I said earlier  I reckon they will declare around 6ish tonight leaving 40/50 mins to bowl at us tonight & all day tomorrow. Depending on if wd can get to stumps tonight no more than 1 down then we have  chance of drawing the Test.......but still think we'll lose as I have no faith in anyone occupying the crease long  enough.
    Personally I doubt we will be batting tonight. 
  • Broad on fire

16-2
  • Oh great. That's all we need now. The run machine.  That was the last of the wickets for sometime. 
  • Broad on fire

16-2
    But just the openers Warner and Harris, they barely count! Now we have the real batsmen at the crease...
  • We have problems with our openers but the Aussies, if anything, are in a worst position

Warner - 79 in 8 innings 
    Harris - 46 in 4 innings

Difference is that they have a 3 and 4 who always seem to get them out of trouble
  • Harris lbw Broad 6

16-2
  • Smith has looked like getting out every ball. This’ll be very tough for us.
  • I have to be honest before this series started and before Anderson picked up his injury I thought Broads position was under threat. 
    He has been superb though. 
    Long may it last.
    Worth remembering that Broad is 4 years younger than Jimmy too, so no reason why both should bow out at the same time, unless Broad wants to move on