Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• 0-2 Root gone
  • Root b Cummins 0
  • Got ourselves out of jail only to walk straight back into it.
  • Prediction time. 
    How many wickets will England lose tonight. 
    I'm going one.
    Shut up Blackpool you mug. 
    You know fuckall 
  • A double wicket maiden to start precidings. 
    I give up 
  • get rid off the whole fucking lot of them, 
  • Rudders22 said:
    get rid off the whole fucking lot of them, 
    A bit harsh on Stokes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    get rid off the whole fucking lot of them, 
    A bit harsh on Stokes. 
    Burns, Broad and Archer have had a good series too. 
  • I think we'd be happy if we only lost 1 wicket. I'll say 2.
    18-2 cop.
  • I did put a comment on 2 pages back before those 2 wickets went down.  The only players I would keep in our team would be Stokes (for his batting), Root (for his batting but need a new captain), Archer and Broad, (when fit, Woakes), Bairstow has been useless. He had so much potential as  a youngster but not getting big scores. We need openers (and to think Aussies have got worse openers than us). However, I would also look at our bowling and batting coaches. Am I right in seeing Thorpe as one our batting coaches? He was disappointing as a Test batsmen as well. Think the big problem lies in our test match coaching as well. Ironically we know the Aussie one that has been coaching is leaving us after this season? Has someone like Morgan taken their coaching badges. He would be a captain for the test side. However, he has got back problems and has contemplated retiring from the one day game altogether. 
  • That ball to Root was superb.

Been done by the best batsman and bowler in the world today, it was the first two days we lost it not today.
  • If there were 2 batsmen we would want to play long innings tomorrow, it's Burns and Root
  • Burns, Root, Stokes, Broad, Archer and Woakes are the ones we need to build a team around, and Anderson if fit.

Foakes deserves another chance as keeper.

Denly and Roy aren't good enough, and the jury is well and truly out on Bairstow, Buttler and Leach.
  • edited September 2019
    Root seems a decent guy and good batsman when in form but far from convinced re his captaincy. I don't believe he is a learner.

But who else is there?
  • Someone willing to break into the ground and make the pitch unplayable for tomorrow? Turn a hose on it or something?

With the weather forecast as it is I think that's all that can save us 
  • Sponsored links:

• If there were 2 batsmen we would want to play long innings tomorrow, it's Burns and Root
    Roy and Denly it is then
  • Stokes will just have to do it again.
  • Someone willing to break into the ground and make the pitch unplayable for tomorrow? Turn a hose on it or something?

Where's George Davis when you need him?
  • Root seems a decent guy and good batsman when in form but far from convinced re his captaincy. I don't believe he is a learner.

But who else is there?
    I'm more concerned that captaincy is affecting his batting. If it's costing Root say 10 runs per innings, then give it to someone else
  • LenGlover said:
    Someone willing to break into the ground and make the pitch unplayable for tomorrow? Turn a hose on it or something?

He was innocent 
  • Root seems a decent guy and good batsman when in form but far from convinced re his captaincy. I don't believe he is a learner.

But who else is there?
    I would give it to Broad as a stop gap and then hope in a years time someone like Burns is bedded in and ready to take it on. Hes got enough experience and has captained his county team for a few years now including to some success. A bonus is that he doesn't play limited overs cricket so can focus solely on the test side.
  • Re the current match situation. Think The Aussies will want a 380-400 run lead. I dont think we will get close to bowling them out so as I said earlier  I reckon they will declare around 6ish tonight leaving 40/50 mins to bowl at us tonight & all day tomorrow. Depending on if wd can get to stumps tonight no more than 1 down then we have  chance of drawing the Test.......but still think we'll lose as I have no faith in anyone occupying the crease long  enough.
    Personally I doubt we will be batting tonight. 
    Think I was right.....😉. I reckon we will be all out before tea.

Ashes gone.
  • LenGlover said:
    Someone willing to break into the ground and make the pitch unplayable for tomorrow? Turn a hose on it or something?

He was innocent 
    OK
  • Re the current match situation. Think The Aussies will want a 380-400 run lead. I dont think we will get close to bowling them out so as I said earlier  I reckon they will declare around 6ish tonight leaving 40/50 mins to bowl at us tonight & all day tomorrow. Depending on if wd can get to stumps tonight no more than 1 down then we have  chance of drawing the Test.......but still think we'll lose as I have no faith in anyone occupying the crease long  enough.
    Personally I doubt we will be batting tonight. 
    Think I was right.....😉. I reckon we will be all out before tea.

Ashes gone.
    I fear you may be right mate