Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• I really hope Leach comes in before Archer & Broad.
    I hope none of them are needed
  • When trying to bat out 110 overs it doesn't help that 3 of the 5 wickets to fall have got just 1 run between them & only faced 21 balls. 
  • Time for some serious time wasting here. Pull out as the bowler is running in. Ask for the sight screen to be adjusted every ball. Shoe laces. Injuries. the lot.
  • Time for some serious time wasting here. Pull out as the bowler is running in. Ask for the sight screen to be adjusted every ball. Shoe laces. Injuries. the lot.
    We need everyone in the crowd to streak. One at a time.
    We need everyone in the crowd to streak. One at a time.
    If it's getting close (it probably won't) we could do with a number of "idiots" wandering in and out behind the bowlers arm.
    The last hour starts when 83 overs have been bowled, not at a set time.  
  • Chizz said:
    Time for some serious time wasting here. Pull out as the bowler is running in. Ask for the sight screen to be adjusted every ball. Shoe laces. Injuries. the lot.
    It'll get too dark around 7pm
  • Lovely. Another umpires call.
  • Bairstow out.
    And wastes yet another review. 
  • Bairstow lbw Starc 25

138-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Time for some serious time wasting here. Pull out as the bowler is running in. Ask for the sight screen to be adjusted every ball. Shoe laces. Injuries. the lot.
    It'll get too dark around 7pm
    The point is that we can't reduce the number of overs to be bowled in the day, as the final fifteen overs (ie the last hour) doesn't start at a set time (as it used to) it starts after a certain number of overs, and can be extended beyond an hour is needed.  
  • No Chizz the point is that bad light may well come into play so then the time of the last hour wouldn't matter.

Although the main point is we'll be long gone by then anyway.
  • Bairstow out.
    Umpires call it’s not wasted 
    not that it’ll matter 
  • Bairstow out.
    At some point before the end of the series, I am hoping that everyone on this thread will know when a team does and doesn't lose a review.  For now, England have two reviews left this innings. 
  • the end is nigh .. ashes to ashes
  • No Chizz the point is that bad light may well come into play so then the time of the last hour wouldn't matter.

There is no chance whatsoever that England would be able to waste enough time during the day for bad light to deprive the Australians of any overs.  There are 48 overs left.  That's about three hours' worth of play.  Lose twenty minutes for Tea and the last over will have been bowled well before 7pm.  And it's the sunniest, brightest day of the Test match. 

Wasting time won't reduce the number of overs bowled. 
  • Chizz said:
    No Chizz the point is that bad light may well come into play so then the time of the last hour wouldn't matter.

There is no chance whatsoever that England would be able to waste enough time during the day for bad light to deprive the Australians of any overs.  There are 48 overs left.  That's about three hours' worth of play.  Lose twenty minutes for Tea and the last over will have been bowled well before 7pm.  And it's the sunniest, brightest day of the Test match. 

I know you don't really believe a lot of what you say, but we all know they won't be bowling 16 overs an hour.
  • How long before the remnants of that hurricane blow in from the US?

Any chance we could ask it to hurry up?
  • edited September 2019
    I'll give England some credit here, they're battling hard.  They'll ultimately fall short, but they haven't crumbled in the way I expected them to today
  • 52 overs bowled so far today in 230 mins = 4.423 mins per over.

46 overs left at 4.423 mins = 203 mins, add on 20 mins for tea = 223 mins.

So they would need to play until 7.13pm, if today's over rate continues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    No Chizz the point is that bad light may well come into play so then the time of the last hour wouldn't matter.

Slightly different circumstances but dont forget Hussains win in Pakistan when the umpires made sure ALL the overs were bowled on the last day & we won in the dark.
  • Chizz said:

I know you don't really believe a lot of what you say, but we all know they won't be bowling 16 overs an hour.
    That's why I calculated it at less than 16 overs per hour.  At 15 per hour from now, even with 20 minutes for Tea, they would still finish BEFORE 7pm.  And at 7pm, if they're still playing, the light will still be good enough to play.  

If you think that England wasting time will mean fewer overs will be bowled, can we agree to disagree? Because it won't.
  • Chizz said:
    Darkness waits for no man. 
  • And for context today the last hour starts after the 90th over has been bowled in this innings. 83 today plus the 7 yesterday. We are in the 61st as I type. Loads left today.
  • And for context today the last hour starts after the 90th over has been bowled in this innings. 83 today plus the 7 yesterday. We are in the 61st as I type. Loads left today.
    44 overs left today.  If fewer overs are bowled it will be for one of three reasons.  England have won, Australia have won, or both teams agree to call off the game as a draw, half-way through the last fifteen overs.  It won't be because Craig Overton has to do up his shoelaces several times. 

If Australia fail to win, it will be because they run out of overs, not light. 
  • Chizz said:

Then why are the commentators (sky and bbc) and bbc live text all commenting on the light every 5 mins.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

That's why I calculated it at less than 16 overs per hour.  At 15 per hour from now, even with 20 minutes for Tea, they would still finish BEFORE 7pm.  And at 7pm, if they're still playing, the light will still be good enough to play.  

If you think that England wasting time will mean fewer overs will be bowled, can we agree to disagree? Because it won't.
    So do you disagree with the maths of my calculation ?

Alternatively, are you saying that as the day progresses, the Aussies will start bowling more overs per hour than they have so far ?
  • Chizz said:
    Darkness waits for no man. 
    Hello darkness my old friend ......
  • Also this is at least the 2nd time this series the Aussies have successfully  got the ball changed when it has been doing nothing to one that has been visibly in much better condition and it has started swinging round corners.
  • Chizz said:

Then why are the commentators (sky and bbc) and bbc live text all commenting on the light every 5 mins.
    I haven't heard the commentators on Sky mention light once. Right now, I'm watching a replay of an lbw shout in bright sunshine, given by an umpire wearing sunglasses.