Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• 172-7 Buttler gone.

Going to be very tough now.
  • Massive blow, must be so frustrating to get out like that rather than hitting out like he usually does
  • AND THATS OUT..!!!!
  • Archer gone, looks bad now.
  • Archer lbw Lyon 1

173-8
  • Archer should really be last in. Can swing the bat but is totally lost trying to block.
  • 173-8 Archer
  • I knew Leach should have come in before Archer & Broad.
    But at least he's come in before Broad.
  • Don’t think the middle order have played too badly. This ball is moving around a lot.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Aussies are today taking 4.423 mins to bowl an over.
    The England innings started today on 7 overs.
    So 57 overs have been bowled today, so a further 26 overs need to be bowled, before "the final hour/15 overs".
    26 overs will take 115 mins at the same rate = 5.50pm.
    Add on 20 mins for tea, takes us to 6.10pm.
    So the final hour/15 overs will probably finish around 7.15pm.
    I think I'm right in saying that rain or bad light has ensured play has never ended that late, in this Test match. 
    So do you agree with me, that England wasting tine will not reduce the number of overs bowled? 
    Assuming England are not all out, no I don't agree with you and I have twice proved why you are wrong.
    If the "final hour/15 overs" starts later than my predicted 6.10pm, let's say we waste 10 mins and it starts at 6.20pm.
    Play would have to go on until 7.25pm and it won't , because it would be too dark.

Maybe I'm wrong and you are saying the rules state they will continue playing even when it's dark ?
    I'm very confident that we won't lost over from this match thanks to England wasting time. Mainly because it's an overs game as opposed to a timed game. But also because I don't think the umpires will allow England to waste ten minutes over the next two hours. I'm happy for you not to agree with me. 

Well you've changed tact now.
    Anyway, you haven't replied.
    Are you saying the rules state on the final day, it's an overs game, so play must continue in the dark, in order to complete the 98 overs ?

Buttler b Hazlewood 34

172-7
    No of course I'm not saying that! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I knew Leach should have come in before Archer & Broad.
    But at least he's come in before Broad.
    This
  • At least we have shown some fight.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    The Aussies are today taking 4.423 mins to bowl an over.
    The England innings started today on 7 overs.
    So 57 overs have been bowled today, so a further 26 overs need to be bowled, before "the final hour/15 overs".
    26 overs will take 115 mins at the same rate = 5.50pm.
    Add on 20 mins for tea, takes us to 6.10pm.
    So the final hour/15 overs will probably finish around 7.15pm.
    I think I'm right in saying that rain or bad light has ensured play has never ended that late, in this Test match. 
    So do you agree with me, that England wasting tine will not reduce the number of overs bowled? 
    Assuming England are not all out, no I don't agree with you and I have twice proved why you are wrong.
    If the "final hour/15 overs" starts later than my predicted 6.10pm, let's say we waste 10 mins and it starts at 6.20pm.
    Play would have to go on until 7.25pm and it won't , because it would be too dark.

Maybe I'm wrong and you are saying the rules state they will continue playing even when it's dark ?
    I'm very confident that we won't lost over from this match thanks to England wasting time. Mainly because it's an overs game as opposed to a timed game. But also because I don't think the umpires will allow England to waste ten minutes over the next two hours. I'm happy for you not to agree with me. 

Well you've changed tact now.
    Anyway, you haven't replied.
    Are you saying the rules state on the final day, it's an overs game, so play must continue in the dark, in order to complete the 98 overs ?

Buttler b Hazlewood 34

172-7
    No of course I'm not saying that! 
    Phew, at last you've admitted you're wrong and the play is not simply an overs game and is time limited.
    As Shane Warne just confirmed.
    Well done though, hopefully England can drag it out as long as you :-)
  • Pretty sure England were keen to continue batting in bad light at the end of the Oval test a few years back, but a combination of the Aussies time wasting and the umpires being officious, meant we were about 20 runs off winning.

Believe it was the Kerrigan test.
  • 24 overs to go by my calculation...
  • edited September 2019
    Floodlights are on at the umpires request. Local reporters saying light likely to close in around 6.30. 

Waste every minute you can boys.
  • Old Trafford in September and not a drop of rain in sight. 
    Gonna have to do it the hard way.
  • Shame there is not a power ciut in the area.
  • Why does everyone constantly put the mockers on by saying it’s looking good etc - you know a wicket will fall straight afterwards 
  • Can Leach play the "dangerous bowling" game taking into account his eyesight and glasses? Ie the glare of the floodlights is affecting his ability to see the ball as it is bowled?
  • Sponsored links:

• I bloody love Jack Leach
  • I bloody love Jack Leach
    Do you think he'll get to skip the "Sir" bit and go straight to Lord Leach of Taunton? 
  • Any sign of Aussies calling it a day and shaking on a draw? 
  • Clean your glasses every ball Leachy. Waste some time.
  • Clean your glasses every ball Leachy. Waste some time.
    It won't help, Chizz said so.
  • The wonderful, ridiculous, compelling nature of test cricket is being played out in microcosm here. A match in which Australia have dominated for more than three and a half days, where their batsmen and bowlers have outplayed ours from start to finish, will only be decided in the final few matchups of the last few overs on the last evening. And it's between Australa's best bowlers and or worst batsmen. 

And some people STILL don't think it's the best sport in the world. 
  • Any sign of Aussies calling it a day and shaking on a draw? 
    Yes, just after they've checked the wind chill forecast in hell.
  • Chizz said:
    The wonderful, ridiculous, compelling nature of test cricket is being played out in microcosm here. A match in which Australia have dominated for more than three and a half days, where their batsmen and bowlers have outplayed ours from start to finish, will only be decided in the final few matchups of the last few overs on the last evening. And it's between Australa's best bowlers and or worst batsmen. 

And some people STILL don't think it's the best sport in the world. 
    When you aren't deliberatly being an obtuse prick you do actually talk some sense.
  • Whatever happens these two have been exceptional. Would love to see Broad come in with one left and see Starc off.