Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Failure for Smith  ;) just 82.
  • To be honest with you. That looks like a no ball as well. So we got away with that plus Smith changed his style to try and push Aussies on. Surprised Umpire didn't refer that for a possible no ball. 
  • Root has made some strange captaincy decisions this series, prime ones being Woakes not bowling on the Sunday at Edgbaston and not bowling Archer and Broad straight after tea today.
  • edited September 2019
    I reckon the declaration will be imminent.

5 or 6 hostile overs each and pick up at least 2 wickets tonight will be the thinking.
  • Rudders22 said:
    To be honest with you. That looks like a no ball as well. So we got away with that plus Smith changed his style to try and push Aussies on. Surprised Umpire didn't refer that for a possible no ball. 
    Smith c Stokes b Leach 82
    It wasn't a no ball. 
  • Root has made some strange captaincy decisions this series, prime ones being Woakes not bowling on the Sunday at Edgbaston and not bowling Archer and Broad straight after tea today.
    Another one there, Leach bowling outside off to Wade to catch the footholds and there is noone on cover boundary !
  • Great catch Bairstow
  • Wade c Bairstow b Archer 34
  • Sandpaper wankers declared 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oz 186-6 dec
  • Rudders22 said:
    To be honest with you. That looks like a no ball as well. So we got away with that plus Smith changed his style to try and push Aussies on. Surprised Umpire didn't refer that for a possible no ball. 

not even close
  • Prediction time. 
    How many wickets will England lose tonight. 
    I'm going one.
  • Eng need 383 to win. 
  • Eng need 383 to win. 
    That ain't happening. 
    Draw this then beat them at the Oval 
  • Eng need 383 to win. 
    That ain't happening. 
    Draw this then beat them at the Oval 
    This.

I've got oval tickets and all.
  • Cheese puns on the bbc live texts are worthy of the takeover thread.
  • edited September 2019
    I think we'd be happy if we only lost 1 wicket. I'll say 2.
  • Wickets of smith and wade were useful. Each slowed the scoring rate and took a little time out the day. Vital as it's getting dark and so hopefully its 10 mins less for the openers tonight.
  • Believe it or not I am half Australian. My father's side Australian and mother is English. I was born in England and will always support England. Even with my family background as the series has gone on and on, I have become more and more frustrated with England. We had Aussies 122-8 in the 1st Innings and changed bowlers when all we had to do was the keep them going and finished them off. We ended up losing that game massively. The 2nd test we were lucky in that the weather favoured as at certain times as did the 3rd test. Without Stokes 100 in 2nd test and 3rd test we would have lost those as well. With the last test we were lucky Smith was injured. These really are 2 poor sides.  The only players who have done very well are Stokes with his hundreds, Smith of course, aussie bowlers have been ok, for us, Broad and Archer. Even today, how can the Aussies go from 44 for 4 to the score they ended up with AND Smith could have been out a lot more with better bowling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Game over buying money , will do well to bat after lunch .
    Lame defeat heading our way

• Terrible start. Burns gone for 0
  • 0-1 Burns gone
  • Burns c Head b Cummins 0
  • 5 down tonight 
  • Shock horror 2 down and counting , pathetic 
  • Root bowled 0-2!