Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    I've always found the regular score updates on here weird and pointless.
    Why? Sometimes people can’t watch or listen but can check this page. I know it helps me to know what’s going on if I can’t whilst at work. 
    Are you banned from the BBC website?
  • Chizz said:
    Well Joe Denly made more than his opposite number, so he's done ok.  If 3 (Overton) and 4 (Root) can follow his lead, we're in with a shout. 
    Yeah, we just need a double century from Root.
  • Chizz said:
    Well Joe Denly made more than his opposite number, so he's done ok.  If 3 (Overton) and 4 (Root) can follow his lead, we're in with a shout. 
    And now Burns has beaten his opposite number.  AND... we've taken seven more wickets than them.  We're all over them. 
  • Average England opening partnership this series is 11!!!
  • Average England opening partnership this series is 11!!!
    In fairness, Australia's can't be much better.

It's their partnerships once Smith gets in that kill us.
  • edited September 2019
    Arrived in Manchester. Checked in. Go for meal in hotel restaurant.

Chat to waitress that we're here for cricket.

Oh, which team, she says, because the Aussies are staying here...just the reply I didn't want to hear!

Well you know your duty then. Make masses of noise all night outside their bedrooms. Eat all the breakfast buffet before they get up etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Steve Smith is virtually going to win the Ashes on his own.
  • Arrived in Manchester. Checked in. Go for meal in hotel restaurant.

Chat to waitress that we're here for cricket.

Oh, which team, she says, because the Aussies are staying here...just the reply I didn't want to hear!

Can you have a few hours kip now & set the alarm for 3am?
    Then get up & set the fire alarm off? 
  • How much is ir worth?  :D
  • How much is ir worth?  :D
    The Ashes. 
  • I'd need a lot more red wine. Out now. As we left hotel, walked past one that I thought was Khawaja and Mr W thought was Lyon. I need to check photos! The press conference was going on and room next door set up for their dinner. An hour or so ago now.
  • Hope this helps... 
  • I could say he was wearing a hat...but he wasn't and had hair so I am right as usual ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Back to Old Trafford today for more torment.Yesterday was depressing so hoping for a better day.Need to bat all day like they did.Root needs to bat like the old Joe Root and not the current one day Joe Root.
  • who would have thought that Charlton fans interested in cricket, would go on a cricket thread on a Charlton forum eh ?

I am more interested to know the thoughts of people I know from this forum -  (even @golfaddick) than a tweet from Rob of Shropshire about a windy game of cricket back in 2007.

• As an aside - where is @Riviera ?

Not posted for a while.

• PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why? Sometimes people can’t watch or listen but can check this page. I know it helps me to know what’s going on if I can’t whilst at work. 
    Not banned no, (although last night on way home it wouldn't load for the entire train journey neither would bbc sounds work so i couldn't listen)  Their updates are selective and slow, not as frequent and full of extracts from people from Twitter that I have little interest in.  I like reading the comments of people on here and their opinions.  I get wicket alerts on my phone too. 

The Cricinfo site does very good ball by ball commentary. Quicker then the BBC and has detail on each ball
  • edited September 2019
    Update: Warner got in lift as we were getting out. Several of them at breakfast - recognised Cummins but not sure about others. Wish I had some sandpaper to wave about!

They were getting on coach as we left to get tram - wouldn't give us a lift though!
  • PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

I don't see what your problem is, its not like its overloaded with updates/ scores. I like it, I sometimes will look on here or cricinfo. Its good to keep people updated, not sure why it bothers you so much?
  • MrOneLung said:
    As an aside - where is @Riviera ?

Not posted for a while.

I was thinking the same. Unusual not to receive a bit of banter following a post on the Celebrities That Are Still Alive Thread.

@NomadicAddick ?
  • Just woken up. Now what is it I am meant to do?
    Brilliant.