Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Meanwhile, Jofra's had enough of batting, Khawaja holding on to an outside edge off Cummins's bowling.

230-8 Jofra out for 12, Bairstow 45*

Broad now in the middle ... but probably not for long.
  • If I were a quick bowler, one person I would be pretty keen on now bowling short to, would be Jofra Archer.  Especially as the Aussies are due to have up to eight more innings this Summer. 
  • Bairstow probably clinging to his place with this knock, which is hopefully very bad news for Buttler
  • Leuth said:
    Bairstow probably clinging to his place with this knock, which is hopefully very bad news for Buttler
    Who you replacing Buttler with next test ?
  • perfect timing. Sainsburys just just arrived. We will be out by the time he unloads and deliver to my flat. 
  • Leuth said:
    Bairstow probably clinging to his place with this knock, which is hopefully very bad news for Buttler
    Who you replacing Buttler with next test ?
    Sam Northeast probably
  • Or Hildreth. Or Sibley and give Roy one chance at 5
  • Broad dropped.
  • Umpires are so shit at giving wides in Tests
  • 251-9

Broad 11
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Or Hildreth. Or Sibley and give Roy one chance at 5
    Roy at 5 makes sense. 
    He will never make it as an opening batsman in tests imo.
  • 258 all out.
    Now for the sandpaper boys. 
    3 down tonight I reckon. 
  • Bairstow....... really think if we had got around another 30-40 more we would have been in a good position 
  • edited August 2019
    FFS Bairstow, clueless batting.

How about hanging around and accumulating singles with Leach? He proved the other week he's no mug with the bat.

258 ao
  • He'll keep his place but even with number 11 in that is an abysmal shot to get out
  • I mean they can be 5 down but if Smith isn’t one of them we are in trouble.
  • Laddick01 said:
    I mean they can be 5 down but if Smith isn’t one of them we are in trouble.
    They could be 9 down for diddly-squat but if Smith is still batting we're in strife.
  • Home Shopping put away. 1st beer of the day. Come on England.  Trouble is Warner is bound to have a good innigs soon. 
  • With the condition as they are we simply have to get 2 wickets minimum tonight 
  • Archer's first three balls (all dots) in Test cricket:

1. Safe outside off stump
    2. Inswinger that slices Bancroft in two, just misses off stump, carries on swinging past Bairstow to the boundary - 4 byes
    3. Quick bouncer that has the batsman ducking

Interesting start ...
  • Sponsored links:

• I fully understand all the manlove for Archer but Woakes deserves the new ball.
  • Bowled him!
  • Warner b Broad 3

11-1
  • Cheerio Warner.

11-1
  • Turns out Warner should have gone in the previous over but England didn't appeal again!
  • To be fair. Warner looks like a wicket waiting to happen everytime he bats at the the monent. Was he this bad before the ban? He will fit in with our openers? 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Home Shopping put away. 1st beer of the day. Come on England.  Trouble is Warner is bound to have a good innigs soon. 
    Not today though. 
  • I said to myself in the previous over - he's nicked that - absolutely no appeal from anybody.
    Still, it made no difference in the end.
  • I said to myself in the previous over - he's nicked that - absolutely no appeal from anybody.
    Still, it made no difference in the end.
    I was convinced he nicked it as well. I don't know why they didn't appeal? I thought Roots lips read "he's nicked that". Maybe they thought they would get him out anyway. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Home Shopping put away. 1st beer of the day. Come on England.  Trouble is Warner is bound to have a good innigs soon. 
    Not today though. 
    Judging by that he would struggle to get into our opening batsmen as well.