Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Hahaha bugger off Davey you cheating caravan park bogan shit
  • Options
    Jofra looks ominous. He looks like he's going to be a properly good player.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    He might be if he made them play a shot.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    His second ball was ridiculous tbf. And it's his first Test - I'm happy to give him the benefit for the time being.
  • Options
    I said to myself in the previous over - he's nicked that - absolutely no appeal from anybody.
    Still, it made no difference in the end.
    When one of the Aussies miss the ball by 6 inches  Bairstow will appeal and review. 
  • Options
    There’s honestly not a lot between these two batting lineups. It’s literally one man.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Not made them play enough - bring Woakes on
  • Options
    Ended up with 90.1 overs today  which says a lot about over rates! 
  • Options
    That's it for tonight. 
    I'm off now to listen to Surrey v Sussex. 
    Nice to see Kent supporters wanting Surrey to win for  once  
  • Options
    Cmon Sussex
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Sam Curran played for Surrey rather than being kept for 12th man duties 
  • Options
    Anything to help our Kentish neighbours 
  • Options
    We're off to Lord's tomorrow.
    I'm hoping the rain holds off until tea, but it could arrive soon after lunch. 
  • Options
    The pre lunch session tomorrow could define the rest of the series. Don't be late!
  • Options
    I've just seen that the nickname the Aussies give Pat Cummins is "Cider". Which, for Aussie cricketers, is quite clever.
  • Options
    Rain due around 2ish I reckon. With that in mind, and the fact we should be bowling 98 overs in the day anyway, is there any chance that common sense will prevail & they decide that play should continue past the allotted 1pm lunchtime until they have to come off for rain.  Of course not. So be prepared for everything to stop for 40 mins whilst everyone has lunch in good weather only to find as soon as they restart play after lunch it starts to rain & play will then be abandoned for the rest if the day.

Bonkers.
  • Options
    Rain due around 2ish I reckon. With that in mind, and the fact we should be bowling 98 overs in the day anyway, is there any chance that common sense will prevail & they decide that play should continue past the allotted 1pm lunchtime until they have to come off for rain.  Of course not. So be prepared for everything to stop for 40 mins whilst everyone has lunch in good weather only to find as soon as they restart play after lunch it starts to rain & play will then be abandoned for the rest if the day.

Bonkers.
    Hurrah, I agree with Golfie :-) 
  • Options
    Watching the highlights last night I was slightly disappointed that Archer wasn't able to rough up the batsmen like Cummins was able to

Not sure if that's down to Cummin's extra height or the poor English technique, but he was lethal yesterday afternoon
  • Options
    Watching the highlights last night I was slightly disappointed that Archer wasn't able to rough up the batsmen like Cummins was able to

Not sure if that's down to Cummin's extra height or the poor English technique, but he was lethal yesterday afternoon

IMO, he didnt bowl very well, he didnt make them play enough, and his bouncers were way too short.

Put it down to inexperience, lets hope he can sort it out this morning.

• Options

And scored 47 at S/R of almost 200 batting at 3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Archer, Now Smith. 
  • Options
    Now Khawaja. England finally getting it right after a poor first half hour
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind if we just dismissed everyone except for Smith in double quick time, to be fair.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I wouldn't mind if we just dismissed everyone except for Smith in double quick time, to be fair.
    On the one hand that is eminently sensible.

On the other hand the longer Smith goes unbeaten in this series the more it'll get in the heads of the England players and stoke the delusions of adequacy of the Aussies. Take Smith out of the equation and their batting is just as poor as ours.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Bairstow probably clinging to his place with this knock, which is hopefully very bad news for Buttler
    Who you replacing Buttler with next test ?
    Sam Northeast probably
    Ever since North East went South West my opinion of Sam has changed direction 
  • Options
    How could the Umpire not give that out? Shame we had to appeal on that. I was concerned that we wern't going to appeal. I was shouting "Appeal. Appeal". 
  • Options
    4 down. Sadly not Smith though!
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    How could the Umpire not give that out? Shame we had to appeal on that. I was concerned that we wern't going to appeal. I was shouting "Appeal. Appeal". 
    To be fair, even if the batsman had middled it for six Broad would have contemplated a review and been backed up by Bairstow.
  • Options
    The Aussies are now in trouble, they've lost their Head.

71-4
  • Options
    can anyone enlighten me .. lbw .. if the ball is deemed to be going on to hit the stumps but pitches outside the leg stump, why is that called 'not out' ?