Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Only heard from seperate media channels so nothing concrete. They did say both however were free agents.
  • Paterson was good for Forest a few years back.

Palmer has a famous dad.
  • Is he Carltons son.
  • tajaddick said:
    Is he Carltons son.
    Yes
  • tajaddick said:
    Anyone know much about Jamie Paterson or Liam Palmer. Both being touted as potential signings. Were with Bristol city and Sheff wed last year. Know  nothing about either to be honest.
    Touted where?
  • edited August 2019

Be ready... If he goes it'll hurt. 

• Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    Anyone know much about Jamie Paterson or Liam Palmer. Both being touted as potential signings. Were with Bristol city and Sheff wed last year. Know  nothing about either to be honest.
    Touted where?
    2 different radio outlets.
  • tajaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    Touted where?
    2 different radio outlets.
    Did those radio outlets also say they were out of contract? Because both players definitely are not out of contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    I nod off when I hear people say about a potential transfer... “He was really good two years ago.” Kind of like others do when I talk about football data and studies.
  • Paterson was good for Forest a few years back.

Palmer has a famous dad.

When it comes to introducing himself to a Scottish audience, Liam Palmer sometimes has to begin by saying who he isn’t. A misconception has hung around the Sheffield Wednesday right back for several years. The urban myth is that he is Carlton Palmer’s son. In fact, as Palmer says with a smile, the truth is less newsworthy. “My dad’s a painter and decorator called Terry.”

• Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    Looks like Gary O’Neil to me🤔🤔
    Could well be, was Bolton POTY last year.

Also from Bromley so he may fancy coming home.
    Definitely looks like O'Neil who is actually 37, nearly 38. Could he be coming in as a player/coach role?
    Gary O'Neil was born 18 May 1983. That makes him 36 years old.

Dazzler, sounds like you studied at the Napa school of mathematics. :smile:

• Dazzler21 said:

Be ready... If he goes it'll hurt. 

Hopefully not true. He is a rare talent, and there is so much still to come. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    Looks like Gary O’Neil to me🤔🤔
    Could well be, was Bolton POTY last year.

Also from Bromley so he may fancy coming home.
    Definitely looks like O'Neil who is actually 37, nearly 38. Could he be coming in as a player/coach role?
    Gary O'Neil was born 18 May 1983. That makes him 36 years old.

Dazzler, sounds like you studied at the Napa school of mathematics. :smile:

Apologies it's the other Gary O'Neil's age I saw born in January 82.

Should have noticed position and height... The other is a cm shorter and plays as a forward in the irish league.
  • edited August 2019
    No inside knowledge but just think from the post match interview with Bowyer it seems he is resigned to losing Dijksteel which is such a shame as he had a great game, showed a lot of class and had a real battle in the first half with Armstrong. Hope it will be like Bauer last August but doubt it as no doubt Roland will point to Solly as being RB and we do not need two. What is sad is that Bowyer just says he is uncertain of whether he will be here and has no control or say in the outcome. 
  • RD has sanctioned the sale of AD and finally getting Stephen Kelly a Sat Nav.
  • It’s fine though because just think what Bow and Gallen can do with £2m up their sleeves... oh.
  • I think he stays personally. If things were that far along, he wouldn’t have played at the weekend, let alone started.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dijksteel is going boro. 2m. Massively underpriced in my eyes
    Says who?

What I've heard from 2 people, not had it confirmed from someone I trust as yet. But no reason to doubt the person that told me. 
    Disappointing if true

I still haven't personally had it confirmed and after seeing that twitter link I'm doubting it
  • Sponsored links:

• Still think Herbie Kane is a possibility, surprised he hasn’t joined Hull already. 
  • Dijikstel will still be here come 5pm Thursday. Oztumer & Harriott will both sign this week. No inside knowledge just common sense. 

• Nothing to base this on but I would like to see Louis Moult at PNE coming on loan. He’s been unlucky with injuries since going there and therefore struggled to nail down the loan striker role.

As a boyhood Motherwell fan and adopted Addick, I’ve seen him score all sorts of goals in the SPL, he’s a Bowyer type grafter and plays best as part of a front 2 with a player like Lyle.
  • Harriott, Kane, Taylor, Wells and one other would be very good business (would rather have Oztumer than Harriott but I think that ship may have sailed)
  • Magennis is shit...my 8 year old told me.
    If I used language like that at 8, my mother washed out my mouth with carbolic soap. It made me what I am today.
  • More like a busy three and a half days.
  • More like a busy three and a half days.
    Not for me, got a whole load of work to do.

Once all done, and we bring in players, we can finally just start concentrating on the league and playing our first home league game back at The Valley, hopefully it'll be baaancing.
  • edited August 2019
    What’s the deal then; deadline for permanent transfers and loans is Thursday?