Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Why does RD let all the contracts run down and lose money as a result?
    Cos he’s clueless and incompetent 
  • They were already discussing a new contract before Boro came in for him. Bristol City also offered good money but AD turned them down.
  • Not atm
  • Redhenry said:
    I'm not sure he's ready for a big money move yet though. I don't think he's the finished article yet and Boro will expect him to hit the ground running.
    Agree with this also think he is quiet shy lad so think he will find it hard moving to another club
  • Redhenry said:
    They were already discussing a new contract before Boro came in for him. Bristol City also offered good money but AD turned them down.
    We seem to let contracts run down to the wire before looking to renew them and then offering a not very desirable contract. If we keep selling players for low fees as a result of not retaining players due to offering poor contracts/wages then it seems economic madness.

• Redhenry said:
    Not atm
    Do you know what happened with Oztumer? Did it fall through?
  • Yep same with Aribo
  • Troy Parrott would be a surprising one considering he's currently Spurs only other striker. I think that could only be a goer if Spurs get Llorente back or another cut-price striker so if true this one might go right to the wire and ultimately come to nothing. Would be super depressing if on deadline day we didn't get Parrott and Taylor because clubs couldn't get replacements for them. It's been a really stagnant transfer window this time round and that can only add to our budget issues
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    They were already discussing a new contract before Boro came in for him. Bristol City also offered good money but AD turned them down.
    We seem to let contracts run down to the wire before looking to renew them and then offering a not very desirable contract. If we keep selling players for low fees as a result of not retaining players due to offering poor contracts/wages then it seems economic madness.

It is. But as RD pockets all the money these days, it's his funeral. I would always desire sensible owners, and decent contracts, with sales money going back into the club. As it stands, Lookman showed perfectly that there is no benefit to the club in any sales money gained in a transfer, so we can give them away if it comes to it.

• edited August 2019
    Redhenry said:

I don’t see how a businessman struggles with the concept that to sell for more you must invest a little more.

My only guess would be he was completely thrown off by the Lookman and Gomez sales and assumed he could sell players for big with only a year or two out of the academy.

It would be funny to work out how much his reluctance to pay a normal salary has probably cost him in transfer fees.
  • Redhenry said:
    RD won't let AD go to Boro, they have offered him a massive increase on his salary. Don't know if RD is holding out for more money, AD only has a year left.
    Not quite sure it is legal for them to speak to AD and offer him a massive increase until we have accepted an offer from them - otherwise is this not tapping up?
    I believe an intermediary can speak to a player if given permission by the club. A very grey area I imagine.
  • Is Troy related to Dean?
  • Unlike some, I will be spitting blood if he sells Dijksteel this week. Just as I was when he sold Gomez and Grant for joke money. But of course a lot of people will "wisely" inform us that this is just "business" and we should just accept it.    
    Not spitting feathers?   :)

Agreed though 
  • Ferryman said:
    Is Troy related to Dean?
    No, its Dean Parrett & Troy Parrott

• Unlike some, I will be spitting blood if he sells Dijksteel this week. Just as I was when he sold Gomez and Grant for joke money. But of course a lot of people will "wisely" inform us that this is just "business" and we should just accept it.    
    ‘Bowyer can use the money to buy Cullen’
    I think most people feel the same. All I think people point out is that it makes no difference if he is sold for 1m or 10m because Bowyer or the Club will see none of the money but of course Bowyer loses a valuable player. It also makes the Club less saleable I'd imagine as the Club's worth reduces but seeing as no-one will pay Roland's bonkers price anyway it really makes little difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Transfer/contract renewal policies have been both unconventional and poorly judged economically. This will have nothing to do with managers/Gallen of course...

I believe that losses could have been minimised + more invested in the team if this aspect of the club’s business was better managed from the outset.

A real pity, as our talent pipeline has been a lot stronger than our transfer market activities would have you believe. 
  • 2 Mill now for AD and pay more on wages for a suitable replacement.

Or... a possible 2mill in compo if he leaves on a free next year and low wages for a capable player. (As long as he doesn't go to Rangers...)

Best case, he stays and signs a new contract.
  • Redhenry said:
    But money talks, Boro offered a five figure weekly salary
    How can they offer a salary if we’ve not accepted a bid?
  • Ferryman said:
    Is Troy related to Dean?
    No, its Dean Parrett & Troy Parrott

but are they related? 
    only in a non-related sense
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:

I don’t see how a businessman struggles with the concept that to sell for more you must invest a little more.

My only guess would be he was completely thrown off by the Lookman and Gomez sales and assumed he could sell players for big with only a year or two out of the academy.

It would be funny to work out how much his reluctance to pay a normal salary has probably cost him in transfer fees.
    He's a businessman who is completely inept in this particular field and hasn't hired anyone competent in any senior position. Therefore he's happy losing players for shit fees because there's no one there to tell him he'd be making double the money if just signed them up on longer contracts.
  • edited August 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:

I know I am sounding like a parrot (get it) but surely Murray who has a communication channel to Roland must be able to explain this?

We've lost out on so much money as a club due to mismanagement of contracts these last 5 years. He could have broken even with prudent management. 
  • 220AD, The Goths invade Asia Minor and the Balkans
    That Noel Fielding is a very naughty boy 
  • edited August 2019
    Cawley saying Boro bid accepted for Dijksteel.
  • edited August 2019