Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• That’s some pretty major back tracking from Cawley there!
    WIOTOS
  • Great another youngster sold for peanuts. I'm amazed Roland is a multi millionaire 
  • Re Anfernee , what did anyone really expect The Rat to do???
    His MO is to sell young players....I don’t get why anyone is surprised at the senile old buggers actions?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Definitely don't want Dijksteel to leave, especially as it's unlikely Lee will get the money, but £2m is a very fair price for someone who literally only became first choice RB in the last 2 months of last season
    Are you kidding me. We are in the same division as boro. Offering him low wages and accepting a low bit. Bowyer won't see any of that money. Roland is fucking us over. 
    I said I didn't want Dijksteel to leave and that Lee wouldn't get the money

My point is that £2m isn't a low bid for a player for a RB who's only experience until Saturday was in L1. We signed Purrington for 300k  for example, and I'd suggest that both players are at a similar level

• Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I did say first thing this morning, best strap yourselves in...
    You heard anything or was that a guess?
    I heard that Boro weren’t going away, so assumed that this could happen, but heard that yesterday.

Wasn’t aware of the new bid today. 

Even if we reject Boro's bid today do we really expect them to not come back again by Thursday - After all they played a Midfielder at RB against Luton on Friday night, combine that with the fact they shipped three goals and its clear they need someone for that role

Then hold them to ransom as Leicester did with Man utd. Ask for £5 million. 
    That’s just more money for Roland. Would rather we sell for as little as possible because none of it will be put back into the club
  • Redhenry said:
    Been told it's accepted and no way is Shotton coming to us
    I was going to say before I saw this, I don't think it'll happen. I reckon Shotton is on a foul amount of money considering he started off in the Premier League and Boro signed him for £3m. I was kind of hoping that was a key part of the deal as it would have been guaranteed to break down once he saw our contract offer
  • I still think he'll stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• I still think he'll stay.
    I can confirm that Middlesbrough is an absolute dump......despite Redcar sur La Mer (with its quaintly alluring steel works), being right on its doorstep.
  • Redhenry said:
    £2.5m reported on a website I read at lunch, can't find the link now... I think that'll be goodbye.
  • 1.6 then 1.9 accepted 
  • edited August 2019
    Redhenry said:
    I lose count of the amount of players being swapped between club rumours you hear every window. I would be interested to know when was the last time two clubs actually did this? 

Sanchez/Mihkataryn was a swap.

Crouch was in a swap deal last January too. 

Edit - but you are right that they don’t happen nearly as often as they are speculated over. 
  • Redhenry said:
    1.6 then 1.9 accepted 
    That is pitiful
    That is Rolund
  • I saw the Djiksteel bid accepted on one of the many football blog type sites that are on my Charlton newsnow. It hasnt appeared anywhere legit yet...
  • This sums everything up. We need 4-5 players in urgently with 3 days to get them and the only rumour is an outgoing one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    It was always gonna happen when we are already paying Solly a good salary, that's they way Roland thinks
    Shame Solly showed on his testimonial why Dijksteel has become our first choice... Question is will Dijk accept?
  • Can’t blame anyone from trying to get away from our shambles of a club
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry to say this but yes, he wants the move
    Massive salary increase, playing for a club expected to be challenging at the top. Fair play.
    And moving to a club that is backed by it's owner, not one that pulls the rug from under it's manager at every opportunity. Can't blame him!
  • Cawley saying Boro have matched our asking price. Great - we can get some midfielders now with the fee. Oh.....
  • Redhenry said:
    Sorry to say this but yes, he wants the move
    Do you think we will try and sign a replacement for Thursday?
  • Cawley just said Boro have met our price for Dijksteel... Which means Roland is a genius and they're paying £infinty for him since he isn't for sale. Roland is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    It was always gonna happen when we are already paying Solly a good salary, that's they way Roland thinks
    Shame Solly showed on his testimonial why Dijksteel has become our first choice... Question is will Dijk accept?
    Solly was up against a prem ready el ghazi who was always gonna run around him - Solly is still a reliable RB option, not as good as Dijksteel but can still do a job for us