Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Any more players leaving?
    think @Plaaayer went a while back, or at least went quiet
  • edited August 2019
    Are we even trying for automatic promotion anymore? 
    What gave you the impression we were ever trying for automatic promotion?
  • I rarely post , but heard from someone yesterday who works at the Club within the physio department that Troy Parrott is lined up for a medical this week with view to a loan move from Spurs. 
    Chelsea are willing to loan out Michael Hector yet again. Hector would pair nicely with Troy.
    See, this is just a higher standard of transfer thread joke. Everyone else needs to up their game
  • Vincenzo said:
    Don't listen to anything to do with Vital Charlton. Everything they post is mainly bull.
  • Bowyer wants five players, so perhaps Roland will give him the 2 million to strengthen the squad.

Oh, and pigs might fly 😔
  • 21cws said:

I think Cawley confirmed a few weeks ago it would be really unlikely that we get him on loan
  • Tyreece John-Jules has signed a new contract at Arsenal

He's one that been mentioned before so could be the thing that now sees him go out on loan now they've got him tied down
  • Sponsored links:

• 21cws said:

I think Cawley confirmed a few weeks ago it would be really unlikely that we get him on loan
    Of course, we probably don’t wanna pay any of his wages.
  • I rarely post , but heard from someone yesterday who works at the Club within the physio department that Troy Parrott is lined up for a medical this week with view to a loan move from Spurs. 
    Chelsea are willing to loan out Michael Hector yet again. Hector would pair nicely with Troy.
    We could find the Achilles heel of many a team with that pairing.
    Beware of Geeks bearing gifts
  • I'm not defending RD here, but didn't LB say he is not going to let another Aribo situation happen so it seems we have offered a deal, he didn't want to sign it and he's been told he can go now?

Don't agree with it, however, I think LB was massively pissed off about the Aribo situation so maybe that has an effect on this.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then look to replace now.
    Wondering the same

Wouldnt be susprised if Bowyer has shot himself in the foot and that Anfernee's Agent has been hunting for a new club the moment that comment got made

Hopefully we can find a younger version of Lawrie Wilson in the coming days who has that versatility to play both RB and in Midfield
  • I'm not defending RD here, but didn't LB say he is not going to let another Aribo situation happen so it seems we have offered a deal, he didn't want to sign it and he's been told he can go now?

Don't agree with it, however, I think LB was massively pissed off about the Aribo situation so maybe that has an effect on this.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then look to replace now.
    Replace how? We’ve got a tiny budget that was already supposed to get us 4-5 (and now 6) players in 4 days. On past performance, Bowyer won’t see a penny of the fee.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then we should look to replace now.
    Last sentence is definitely wrong, it should end....we should look to cash in on him now.
    Roland doesn't fund replacements.
  • Redhenry said:
    1.6 then 1.9 accepted 
    I currently, and have always, rated Dijksteel more highly than most.

That said, that's more than we got for Karlan I believe. I think he could be a vital player for us this season, but it's also a sum that a lot of bottom half Championship sides would find hard to turn down for a RB/CB/CM on the last year of his contract.

To be clear, I desperately hope we keep him. I think his future lies in midfield or central defense (even if he isn't the best in the air). And his athleticism, versatility, and technical ability make him a fantastic player to have in the squad. But this also makes the rumors that we were looking at Alberto Redondo (who is right footed I believe and can play RB and LB) make sense. I thought he might be more cover for Solly and Page. But I suspect he's actually a replacement for Dijksteel. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry to say this but yes, he wants the move
    Massive salary increase, playing for a club expected to be challenging at the top. Fair play.
    Also, this. It's hard to argue with the young man's reasoning. Another one you hate to see go who could well be playing in the Prem this time next year. Gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not defending RD here, but............................................

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then we should look to replace now.
    Replace with someone who will accept the wages that AD was on, isn't going to be much of a replacement at all. RD weakens our squad once more and Bowyer, JJ & Gallen are left again to bail him out. Inevitably, this process will  lead to all their good work being wasted.

So no "but" needed, there are no positives to be gained from this sale.
  • Night-Miere must be loving this. We really are seeing the Premier League stars of the future. For about 5 minutes. Thanks 🙏 oh glorious leader for delivering on this promise.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I like that people are calling 28 year old Thompson young... That means at 31 I'm not that old.
    Can you play football and would you be willing to pay for peanuts for a Championship club?
  • I understand that the players side are saying it's done but the club say it isn't. I guess Cawley told the same. 😏
  • Players going befor get replacements in has got to stop after this window we’re like Charlton boot sale had enough now 6 in befor 5 on Thursday I doubt it very much fuck off you rat Roland.
  • Hope he forgets to request a sell on fee again!!!
  • The sad thing is that season we will see a lot of our former players playing for opposition this season. Hamer, Anfree, Baeur, Cousins, Grant. 
  • only other RB's i can see us signing on a free would be Jordan Spence and Connor Randall. Neither are players i would want us to sign if we had a "proper" transfer budget, but realistically those, along with Thompson etc are the only ones we are likely to get.
  • fans always hope-- its what we do (outside the mega bucks shit) we are all hoping that maybe THIS time Roland will actually give the manager the money--THIS TIME.

But we all know it will be groundhog transfer day with Roland--- no extra money will be given to the manager. I know it was said peeps should not wish ill to Roland but feck that i hope the fec ker gets run over by a big 4 wheeled muck spreader and as his gasps his last it dumps 2 tons of shit on him. The man is an utter twunt