Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    We better have a decent replacement lined up :-(
    Oshilaja can play RB, but its yet another young promising player out the door for peanuts and another dent into our already small squad.
    Can Oshilaja play as a wing back?

Who’s Oshilaja’s replacement to give us 4 centre backs? Considering we play 3 at a time we need 4 as a minimum.
    Bowyer may be forced to change formation.
  • I just hate Roland so much....
  • edited August 2019
    Definitely don't want Dijksteel to leave, especially as it's unlikely Lee will get the money, but £2m is a very fair price for someone who literally only became first choice RB in the last 2 months of last season
    But the fee for a young player shouldn’t just be based on what they’ve done so far, it should price in the players potential and, given how good Dijksteel could be, £2M is a really poor deal (if that’s what the fee ends up being).
  • Scoham said:
    Oshilaja can play RB, but its yet another young promising player out the door for peanuts and another dent into our already small squad.

Who’s Oshilaja’s replacement to give us 4 centre backs? Considering we play 3 at a time we need 4 as a minimum.
    What sort of formation doesnt have a Wing-Back or Full-Back on that side of the pitch though?
  • Just looked at the tweet from Cawley and he doesn't actually say we have definitely accepted a bid. He said it sounds as though they may have had a bid accepted. 
  • Amazing how in the space of a week Roland has gone from 'Dijksteel is not for sale' to taking the money and running.

Roland was never going to give the kid a decent wage offer, and there's no doubt in mind that his aim all along was to take a transfer fee before AD ran down his contract.
  • Scoham said:

What sort of formation doesnt have a Wing-Back or Full-Back on that side of the pitch though?
    Eh? i said Oshilaja can play RB.
  • Definitely don't want Dijksteel to leave, especially as it's unlikely Lee will get the money, but £2m is a very fair price for someone who literally only became first choice RB in the last 2 months of last season
    Are you kidding me. We are in the same division as boro. Offering him low wages and accepting a low bit. Bowyer won't see any of that money. Roland is fucking us over. 
  • Just looked at the tweet from Cawley and he doesn't actually say we have definitely accepted a bid. He said it sounds as though they may have had a bid accepted. 
    Saw that myself... Rich also says he's not back in the Office till tomorrow so hopefully he's basing his information off the same useless twitter accounts as us rather than relying on his usual contacts whoever they are
  • I just hate Roland so much....
    @thickandthin63 complaining you have an "obsession with the owner"  : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Eh? i said Oshilaja can play RB.
    Sorry didnt read your original post that Scoham quoted
  • Cawley now saying he’s not sure if the bid has been accepted
  • Scoham said:

Good thing we’ve got several wingers so we can play defensive full backs. Oh.
  • I did say first thing this morning, best strap yourselves in...
  • edited August 2019
    Another club chasing Shotton already put in a bid for him
  • vff said:
    I fucking hate Duchatelet. Underselling a player, he could likely get double or triple for at the end of the season (like Konsa before him). He creates another weakness at right back. The money won’t likely be fed back into the team & the club debt won’t reduce as it will go straight into his back pocket. There is 6m for staying up doesn’t he even want to try for it ? 

Duchatelet has  stumbled over a brilliant management team but is failing to back for an attempt to stay up. 

Yet Duchatelet takes no account of his penny pinching short sightedness & lack of any football business sense & blames everyone for his shortcomings. & to top that, he wants other prospective owners to pay for his mistakes & misjudgments. Shaming the name of Belgium. 

Everytime, I start to feel good & get a glimmer of hope about Charlton’s future- up pops Duchatelet the footballing grinch joy killer to try & crush the hope & spirit. 

Why the hell he ever got involved with football is anyone’s guess. Apologies for my language mods but I really fucking hate Duchatelet. To quote a well known CL poster just fuck off & sell the club.  

Glad you finally worked this out as well.
  • Sage said:
    I did say first thing this morning, best strap yourselves in...
    You heard anything or was that a guess?
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I heard that Boro weren’t going away, so assumed that this could happen, but heard that yesterday.

Wasn’t aware of the new bid today. 
  • Sponsored links:

Saw that myself... Rich also says he's not back in the Office till tomorrow so hopefully he's basing his information off the same useless twitter accounts as us rather than relying on his usual contacts whoever they are
    Cawley has very good contacts
  • Redhenry said:
    Been told it's accepted and no way is Shotton coming to us
    What’s more concerning is that we don’t seem to have any concrete rumours considering the number of bodies we need.

All so depressing.
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I heard that Boro weren’t going away, so assumed that this could happen, but heard that yesterday.

Wasn’t aware of the new bid today. 

Even if we reject Boro's bid today do we really expect them to not come back again by Thursday - After all they played a Midfielder at RB against Luton on Friday night, combine that with the fact they shipped three goals and its clear they need someone for that role

• Even if Nathan Thompson is snapped up who I think would be a good signing, as he's a free agent has he even had a pre season anywhere or would we be waiting until after the first international break to get him fit?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    What’s more concerning is that we don’t seem to have any concrete rumours considering the number of bodies we need.

All so depressing.
    This doesn't bother me so much as both Bonne and Oshilaja arrived without a peep from anyone, plus from what we've been told Bowyer likes to keep things a bit quieter in terms of 'gossip' than other managers.

I'm more concerned that we now need another new signing, this time to replace Dijksteel.
  • That’s some pretty major back tracking from Cawley there!
  • Even if Nathan Thompson is snapped up who I think would be a good signing, as he's a free agent has he even had a pre season anywhere or would we be waiting until after the first international break to get him fit?
    Might get to the point where we dont have a choice

Hopefully he's a bit like Ben Reeves and Callum Harriott and has been training / playing friendlies over the summer with a club to stay fit instead of sitting on his arse at home waiting for the phone to ring
  • Redhenry said:
    I lose count of the amount of players being swapped between club rumours you hear every window. I would be interested to know when was the last time two clubs actually did this?