Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Cawley saying Boro bid accepted for Dijksteel.
    FFS
  • We better have a decent replacement lined up :-(
  • Joke. Bow must feel like putting the nut on that twat
  • I have been told Troy Parrett by a contact at Spurs 
    Highly doubt we will. Deji oshilaja and Solly it is. Him out and 2-3 in? Morgan and Lapslie out on loan too - wouldn't be surprising
  • So now we need 5-6 in the door in the next 3 days.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dijksteel is going boro. 2m. Massively underpriced in my eyes
    Says who?

What I've heard from 2 people, not had it confirmed from someone I trust as yet. But no reason to doubt the person that told me. 
    Disappointing if true

I still haven't personally had it confirmed and after seeing that twitter link I'm doubting it
    so the person who told me originally was right, i feel bad on doubting him now  :(
  • Sponsored links:

Oshilaja can play RB, but its yet another young promising player out the door for peanuts and another dent into our already small squad.
    Can Oshilaja play as a wing back?

Who’s Oshilaja’s replacement to give us 4 centre backs? Considering we play 3 at a time we need 4 as a minimum.
  • One step forward, six back. Galling.
    I hope Taylor is signing a new contract soon.....
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Nathan Thompson - Portsmouth RB still hasn't got a club, be ideal right now.
    Decent player.
  • F***ing shambles - surprised RD hasn't sold all the players and asked LB to field the u14s.

RD is desperate for a return to L1.
  • Definitely don't want Dijksteel to leave, especially as it's unlikely Lee will get the money, but £2m is a very fair price for someone who literally only became first choice RB in the last 2 months of last season
  • Oh fuck off 
  • Cawley saying Boro bid accepted for Dijksteel.
    Nope Cawley is saying that Boro's bid may have been accepted not that it has been

• Sponsored links:

• If you search Shotton on twitter, the top replies are all “should never play CB again” “ is not good enough” “is awful”.

Boro fans expectations are higher than ours but still, hmmm...

Anyway I think it’s a non starter, the guy is probably on five figures and there’s no way we are paying that.
  • edited August 2019
    Shotton isn't a bad player but he's better as a centre back imo. Does not offer much going forward. 
  • Shotton is a solid enough RB at his level, lots of championship experience
  • At 6 ft 3 Shotton passes the height test and would add experience.
  • We won’t replace Dijksteel. Solly will be first choice and Sarpongs pre season will get him the back up spot. 
    Nope Cawley is saying that Boro's bid may have been accepted not that it has been

He wouldn’t say anything if there wasn’t a hint of truth in it. I think the “might” is just him covering his behind if it gets held up for whatever reason.
  • If you search Shotton on twitter, the top replies are all “should never play CB again” “ is not good enough” “is awful”.

Boro fans expectations are higher than ours but still, hmmm...

Anyway I think it’s a non starter, the guy is probably on five figures and there’s no way we are paying that.
    Good... We dont need anymore Centre-Backs anyway...

We need Midfielders | Strikers and potentially a Right-Back
  • Definitely don't want Dijksteel to leave, especially as it's unlikely Lee will get the money, but £2m is a very fair price for someone who literally only became first choice RB in the last 2 months of last season
    In the current market for young talent, £2m for Dijksteel is a steal. If Aribo, Dijksteel and Grant were at a team like Leeds/Brentford, you'd be looking at a combined total of £15m-£20m (minimum) in my opinion. 

Silver lining is that Roland's the one that's losing out as we'd never see that money anyway. 

He wouldn’t say anything if there wasn’t a hint of truth in it. I think the “might” is just him covering his behind if it gets held up for whatever reason.
    To be fair Rich is normally one who is usually on the ball for us

He doesnt usually need to cover his arse like this