Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I'm not defending RD here, but didn't LB say he is not going to let another Aribo situation happen so it seems we have offered a deal, he didn't want to sign it and he's been told he can go now?

Don't agree with it, however, I think LB was massively pissed off about the Aribo situation so maybe that has an effect on this.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then look to replace now.
    Wondering the same

Wouldnt be susprised if Bowyer has shot himself in the foot and that Anfernee's Agent has been hunting for a new club the moment that comment got made

Hopefully we can find a younger version of Lawrie Wilson in the coming days who has that versatility to play both RB and in Midfield
    I doubt very much that his agent wasnt courting other clubs well before Bow made that comment.

Just another sickener that any talent we bring through gets moved on for peanuts (Lookman the exception) and we have to rebuild yet again.

Still, Roland still has a few more days to cash in on Taylor!
  • We've had better players than Anfernee but the timing is such that it feels like a real kick to the b*******

Thanks Roland. @blackpool72 can say the rest.
  • Rudders22 said:
    The sad thing is that season we will see a lot of our former players playing for opposition this season. Hamer, Anfree, Baeur, Cousins, Grant. 
    Just shows you KM was lying as usual when she said we would see them playing for other teams in the premier league  :)
  • I'm not defending RD here, but didn't LB say he is not going to let another Aribo situation happen so it seems we have offered a deal, he didn't want to sign it and he's been told he can go now?

Don't agree with it, however, I think LB was massively pissed off about the Aribo situation so maybe that has an effect on this.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then look to replace now.
    Wondering the same

Wouldnt be susprised if Bowyer has shot himself in the foot and that Anfernee's Agent has been hunting for a new club the moment that comment got made

Hopefully we can find a younger version of Lawrie Wilson in the coming days who has that versatility to play both RB and in Midfield
    I doubt very much that his agent wasnt courting other clubs well before Bow made that comment.

Just another sickener that any talent we bring through gets moved on for peanuts (Lookman the exception) and we have to rebuild yet again.

Cafc didn't get the lookman fee or sell on. Roland trousered it.
  • Bowyer wants five players, so perhaps Roland will give him the 2 million to strengthen the squad.

Oh, and pigs might fly 😔
    have a word with yourself, there's no humour to be had from the twunt's cynical persistent dismantling of everything LB et al have achieved.
    the transfer fee, however small, disappears straight into the twunt's shady conglomerate and LB has to cobble together his squad within the shrunken budget, he'll only get more than one player if a) the transfer's free  AND b) the combined wages are lower than the uncompetitive package AD is leaving behind.   The only surprise here is that the wretched old loser has done the paperwork 3 days ahead of the deadline, he's still sold LB down the river and laughed at him while doing so.

Wondering the same

Agree to an extent, however seeing as we all know LB won't see a penny of any fee, what does it matter if we see another Aribo situation whereby a player leaves for free, as opposed to us selling him a year earlier and receiving a fee that goes straight into Roland's back pocket? 
  • Roland's looking forward to £6-7M losses in League One again next season. The timing if Dijksteel goes only as few months different to Karlan in Jan and the same excuse about contract ending will be given.

Wondering the same

No, that won't happen until January.

Assuming he doesn't sign a new contract, he will only have 6 months left on his contract in January. Huddersfield come in and offer £1.5m and faced with losing him for nothing a few months later, Roland will snatch their hand off and take the money. Again.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Roland you dickhead, you couldn't run a bath!!!!!!

(For the record)
  • I wish Bowyer just walked away now.  Tell RD to fuck off & take the coaching staff with him.

Time to get hold of Murrsy & hold his toes to the fire. 
    And you think RD would care one little bit if he did that?

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then we should look to replace now.
    Given that Bowyer knows he probably won't see a penny of any transfer fee, surely he wouldn't care whether AD signed a new deal or not?

In his position it's either keep Dijksteel for a year and then he leaves on the cheap next summer, or we sell now and he has to try and find a replacement for free/next to nothing. I know what i'd rather do if i was Bowyer.

I can only assume that Dijksteel openly expressed a desire to leave and it would've affected his and the teams morale had he stayed.
  • Gutted to lose Dijksteel, I think he's a quality player but given the circumstances I guess we're left with little option but to sell.

I rate AD massively I think he's a cracking player but if he's not going to sign a new deal and leave then we should look to replace now.
    Given that Bowyer knows he probably won't see a penny of any transfer fee, surely he wouldn't care whether AD signed a new deal or not?

In his position it's either keep Dijksteel for a year and then he leaves on the cheap next summer, or we sell now and he has to try and find a replacement for free/next to nothing. I know what i'd rather do if i was Bowyer.

I can only assume that Dijksteel openly expressed a desire to leave and it would've affected his and the teams morale had he stayed.
    but earlier in the summer Bowyer did say he wanted to avoid another 'Aribo' situation with Djiksteel and intimated that if he wasn't going to sign a new contract it may be better if he left now. Why he would say that I don't know as surely he knows by now that he is not going to see a penny of the fee so why not just keep him until his contract ends and let him walk for nothing? At least we'd have him in the team for another season.
  • RD, your timing as usual is impeccable as it is darstardly...  i hope your piles bite like rough buggery...

FUCK OFF!
  • It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

What is Roland’s fault is no
    money is reinvested and the contract offer is probably shit anyway. 
  • Davo55 said:
    The fee for Dijksteel, not a penny of which will be given to Bowyer, will probably mean that Duchatelet will break even in 2019/20.

And if he can do it this year, and Bowyer keeps us up, Duchatelet will play exactly the same game next year.

It's blindingly obvious. We don't want to see it because we are thinking as emotional fans. But look at it with your head, not your heart.

Until Roland lowers the price he wants for the Club if he can keep it ticking over, making a few quid, selling a player here or there to do so then we could be stuck with him for a few years yet I agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Exactly, Bowyer needs to be given at least £1m from the deal. Roland wants to make himself a target doesn't he?
  • Confirmed now

• It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

What is Roland’s fault is no
    money is reinvested and the contract offer is probably shit anyway. 
    This is what I am getting at.
  • Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Where?.
  • WSHOOS

When shit happens on official site
  • Talal said:
    Bit out of left field here but could Lapslie play RWB? He filled in briefly at RB in a game last season and looked comfortable and has the energy to get up and down the wing. Probably not but just a thought as we're desperate. 
    Strangely I like the idea of it, will never happen tho 
  • Talal said:
    Bit out of left field here but could Lapslie play RWB? He filled in briefly at RB in a game last season and looked comfortable and has the energy to get up and down the wing. Probably not but just a thought as we're desperate. 
    I think Lyle Taylor would make a decent RWB, let's give that a go eh? Jeez.
  • Davo55 said:
    The fee for Dijksteel, not a penny of which will be given to Bowyer, will probably mean that Duchatelet will break even in 2019/20.

And if he can do it this year, and Bowyer keeps us up, Duchatelet will play exactly the same game next year.

It's blindingly obvious. We don't want to see it because we are thinking as emotional fans. But look at it with your head, not your heart.
    Sorry mate, cannot agree with that. You have made a huge assumption there, that Bowyer can keep us up. No manager can continue to get such results when the owner continuously sabotages the most modest of plans, and often at the last minute. Duchatelet probably assumed that because he got us up despite Grant leaving, he can play the trick again now.

In fact, looking at it with your  head , you should be aware of the authoritative studies that show strong correlation between financial investment in squad, and league position. Yes, there are some cases where clubs spend foolishly or cleverly but long term the trend is clear, and no club has bucked the trend by for example "concentrating on the academy".

And of course if a club bucks the trend short-term because the manager does a fantastic job, you know what happens to the manager, don't you?

Roland. Out. Today.
    Exactly, with the lowest budget in the league we WILL go down eventually. There are very few managers able to buck the trend for a while and if they do, they'll get snapped up to bigger things. Getting 22nd place would be doing better than expected tbh