Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• ^^^ not beyond the realms of possibility.
  • Exactly, Bowyer needs to be given at least £1m from the deal. Roland wants to make himself a target doesn't he?
    Yes he behaves like someone with a death wish for sure.
  • My concern is that Taylor, unless I've missed it, hasn't yet signed a new contract. If this AD rumour is true that he has been sold just 3 days before the transfer window closes, which will clearly go into RD's back-pocket, what is to stop him cashing in on Taylor for even more money, citing that, as he has been unable to sell the club, he needs both transfer fees to pay the bills etc? I wouldn't bet the old bastard won't do that, in fact I might bet that he does!!
    If Roland does that I think we should just kill him
  • Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Where?.
    Here 😀
  • linked on twitter to Chris Gunter on loan as a replacement for dijksteel, id take that tbf. Just annoying that's another loan used up which should've been on a cm/st
  • edited August 2019
    Talal said:
    Bit out of left field here but could Lapslie play RWB? He filled in briefly at RB in a game last season and looked comfortable and has the energy to get up and down the wing. Probably not but just a thought as we're desperate. 
    Lapslie shouldn’t be nowhere near the pitch as it is let alone RWB
  • edited August 2019
    Wiredo looked good there when I saw him there in pre-season......but then LB said that he wasnt ready for 1st team football. 

Sollys days are numbered. He wasnt that great last season & this one will be tougher. He certainly isn't an attacking RB & cant cross. 
  • I’d imagine it’s a case of Dijksteel not wanted to re-sign on our pathetic wages and potentially both Bower (judging by his previous comments on the matter) and RD not wanting Aribo part 2. 

That being said, there’s no way we’ll see any of that money so I can’t see Bowyer being that keen to move him on
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bit out of left field here but could Lapslie play RWB? He filled in briefly at RB in a game last season and looked comfortable and has the energy to get up and down the wing. Probably not but just a thought as we're desperate. 
    I think Lyle Taylor would make a decent RWB, let's give that a go eh? Jeez.
    Bit unnecessary fella. For a start Lapslie isn't a guaranteed starter and most wouldn't want him starting in midfield anyway so it's not like we'd be losing much. Would you rather Solly played wing back? I don't think he could cut it.
    maybe a bit OTT, so apologies. Can Solly cut-it, no. Can Lapslie? No, not in my opinion.
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Bit unnecessary fella. For a start Lapslie isn't a guaranteed starter and most wouldn't want him starting in midfield anyway so it's not like we'd be losing much. Would you rather Solly played wing back? I don't think he could cut it.
    maybe a bit OTT, so apologies. Can Solly cut-it, no. Can Lapslie? No, not in my opinion.
    No probs. Just gotta hope we bring someone in then as Wiredu is the only other option and he's not ready. 
  • It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

What is Roland’s fault is no
    money is reinvested and the contract offer is probably shit anyway. 
    It is entirely his fault. His game plan has been obvious for months. He wants out but only under his ridiculous terms, in the meantime he will sell anything to attempt to cover ongoing losses. In fact the success of LB  must be a real pisser for him. 
    What if Dijksteel wants to go and won't sign a new deal? Yes I would prefer he went for free instead of money in Roland's pocket, but how is selling someone now instead of losing them for nothing good business sense?
  • Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Can a player refuse to leave?
  • Davo55 said:
    The fee for Dijksteel, not a penny of which will be given to Bowyer, will probably mean that Duchatelet will break even in 2019/20.

And if he can do it this year, and Bowyer keeps us up, Duchatelet will play exactly the same game next year.

It's blindingly obvious. We don't want to see it because we are thinking as emotional fans. But look at it with your head, not your heart.
    Sorry mate, cannot agree with that. You have made a huge assumption there, that Bowyer can keep us up. No manager can continue to get such results when the owner continuously sabotages the most modest of plans, and often at the last minute. Duchatelet probably assumed that because he got us up despite Grant leaving, he can play the trick again now.

In fact, looking at it with your  head , you should be aware of the authoritative studies that show strong correlation between financial investment in squad, and league position. Yes, there are some cases where clubs spend foolishly or cleverly but long term the trend is clear, and no club has bucked the trend by for example "concentrating on the academy".

And of course if a club bucks the trend short-term because the manager does a fantastic job, you know what happens to the manager, don't you?

Roland. Out. Today.
    Couldn't agree more @PragueAddick. I did say "if" Bowyer can keep us up and frankly, I don't think he will. I'm just worried that the more Bowyer works his wonders, if he can, the more likely it is that Duchatelet will become further entrenched. 
  • Talal said:
    Woah, woah, woah. 
    To make that work would take the sort of out-of-the-box quality management we’ve not had since some numpty selected 5 left-backs in the same matchday squad and then exited the scene in a laundry basket....
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    Davo55 said:
    The fee for Dijksteel, not a penny of which will be given to Bowyer, will probably mean that Duchatelet will break even in 2019/20.

And if he can do it this year, and Bowyer keeps us up, Duchatelet will play exactly the same game next year.

It's blindingly obvious. We don't want to see it because we are thinking as emotional fans. But look at it with your head, not your heart.
    Sorry mate, cannot agree with that. You have made a huge assumption there, that Bowyer can keep us up. No manager can continue to get such results when the owner continuously sabotages the most modest of plans, and often at the last minute. Duchatelet probably assumed that because he got us up despite Grant leaving, he can play the trick again now.

In fact, looking at it with your  head , you should be aware of the authoritative studies that show strong correlation between financial investment in squad, and league position. Yes, there are some cases where clubs spend foolishly or cleverly but long term the trend is clear, and no club has bucked the trend by for example "concentrating on the academy".

And of course if a club bucks the trend short-term because the manager does a fantastic job, you know what happens to the manager, don't you?

Roland. Out. Today.
    Couldn't agree more @PragueAddick. I did say "if" Bowyer can keep us up and frankly, I don't think he will. I'm just worried that the more Bowyer works his wonders, if he can, the more likely it is that Duchatelet will become further entrenched. 
    My God, Duchatelet is a disease.

• It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

What is Roland’s fault is no
    money is reinvested and the contract offer is probably shit anyway. 
    It is entirely his fault. His game plan has been obvious for months. He wants out but only under his ridiculous terms, in the meantime he will sell anything to attempt to cover ongoing losses. In fact the success of LB  must be a real pisser for him. 
    What if Dijksteel wants to go and won't sign a new deal? Yes I would prefer he went for free instead of money in Roland's pocket, but how is selling someone now instead of losing them for nothing good business sense?
    So he wanted to go now?  Oh,  I wonder why, maybe the owner is a complete cnut?
  • think if lyle taylor is sold i will seriously consider hiring a hitman 
    Funny enough I've just joked to my neighbour that I would like a cost-estimate from the Romany hit-men he keeps bragging about.
  • "Dijksteel is athletic and versatile, having also played in midfield for Charlton, and was one of the stand-out players for Bowyer's side as they won League One promotion through the play-offs last year."

Not sure I'd go that far...
  • I know that it is unlikely but if Dijksteel is sold and Bow was given a few pennies to spend there is no way that it would be made public as the price for incoming players would be increased by their clubs.
  • Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Can a player refuse to leave?
    Sorry confirmed that the price has been accepted by RD. AD wants to leave as Boro have offered a very good salary.