Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Davo55 said:
    Davo55 said:
    The fee for Dijksteel, not a penny of which will be given to Bowyer, will probably mean that Duchatelet will break even in 2019/20.

And if he can do it this year, and Bowyer keeps us up, Duchatelet will play exactly the same game next year.

It's blindingly obvious. We don't want to see it because we are thinking as emotional fans. But look at it with your head, not your heart.
    Sorry mate, cannot agree with that. You have made a huge assumption there, that Bowyer can keep us up. No manager can continue to get such results when the owner continuously sabotages the most modest of plans, and often at the last minute. Duchatelet probably assumed that because he got us up despite Grant leaving, he can play the trick again now.

In fact, looking at it with your  head , you should be aware of the authoritative studies that show strong correlation between financial investment in squad, and league position. Yes, there are some cases where clubs spend foolishly or cleverly but long term the trend is clear, and no club has bucked the trend by for example "concentrating on the academy".

And of course if a club bucks the trend short-term because the manager does a fantastic job, you know what happens to the manager, don't you?

Roland. Out. Today.
    Couldn't agree more @PragueAddick. I did say "if" Bowyer can keep us up and frankly, I don't think he will. I'm just worried that the more Bowyer works his wonders, if he can, the more likely it is that Duchatelet will become further entrenched. 
    Fair enough. So it's up to us to do our best to get him ejected from his trench, because I can't see Bowyer putting up with this another season.
    Another season...😳,this rate he wont be around after the Jan transfer window...😡
  • edited August 2019
  • Gunter seems a very realistic move, wasn't in the reading squad as they want him out and he will obviously know Williams and Lockyer though wales, he could also brig a lot of experience as he's been around the championship for years now at forest and reading
  • "Dijksteel is athletic and versatile, having also played in midfield for Charlton, and was one of the stand-out players for Bowyer's side as they won League One promotion through the play-offs last year."

Not sure I'd go that far...
    He was probably one of our most consistent player in the actual play-off games for my money. Also given his emergence/improvement throughout the season I'd argue he was certainly one of the stand outs.
  • All about £££££ notes can’t blame him id do the same let’s move on to the next sale and if it’s Taylor that’s me done.
  • Would have thought Gunter would be on quite a bit of wage, that we might as well just offer Dijksteel? Wouldn't mind him as a replacement though
  • sam3110 said:
    Dijksteel's father on Facebook claiming Anfernee wants to stay at Charlton and he won't leave, fwiw
    Link?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Can a player refuse to leave?
    Sorry confirmed that the price has been accepted by RD. AD wants to leave as Boro have offered a very good salary. 
    You'd have to pay good money to convince anyone to move to that shithole.
  • sam3110 said:
    Dijksteel's father on Facebook claiming Anfernee wants to stay at Charlton and he won't leave, fwiw
    Have you got screenshot please?

• So many good young players he has forced us to sell. 

Really pisses me off that Dijksteel is going, he has such a great future. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I love it when the dads get involved on social media, does anyone know if Anfernee has a teardrop tattoo?
  • Can't blame any player for leaving this basket case tbf.
  • Can't blame any player for leaving this basket case tbf.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowyer walked now. I honestly don’t blame him. That rat twat is making him out to look like a mug. Just do one you horrible twisted excuse of a human being. CARD time to move.
  • Of all the places, Middlesboro, has the lad ever been there ?
  • It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

What is Roland’s fault is no
    money is reinvested and the contract offer is probably shit anyway. 
    It is entirely his fault. His game plan has been obvious for months. He wants out but only under his ridiculous terms, in the meantime he will sell anything to attempt to cover ongoing losses. In fact the success of LB  must be a real pisser for him. 
    What if Dijksteel wants to go and won't sign a new deal? Yes I would prefer he went for free instead of money in Roland's pocket, but how is selling someone now instead of losing them for nothing good business sense?
    So he wanted to go now?  Oh,  I wonder why, maybe the owner is a complete cnut?
    That he is but sounds like Dijksteel wants to go for money. Don’t blame him but that’s football. We were a well run club when Parker did the same. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowyer walked now. I honestly don’t blame him. That rat twat is making him out to look like a mug. Just do one you horrible twisted excuse of a human being. CARD time to move.
    I doubt it, Bowyer expected this one. 
  • It’s not entirely Roland’s fault, Bowyer has said he doesn’t want to lose players on frees, which is of course good business sense. 

If the money for Dijksteel doesn't go back to Bowyer to spend, other than to Duchatelet. I would rather keep Dijksteel to the end of the season as it would be a great achievement to be 21st or above. If he then walks who cares because I would be amazed if Bowyer stays beyond this Season as the non sale of Charlton persists.

Not surprised but always gutted that any youngster that finds any form leaves.

If Leeds sacked their manager around Xmas say after losing 3 on the spin, and asked to speak to Lee, Duchatelet would say no way: 2 million up front and Roland would say I don't want to stand in his way and if the whole staff went with him I would expect he
    would Check out what Nebojsa Vignjevic is up to. 

• Same shit, different transfer window. 

What do people honestly expect at this point? 
  • I do wonder why Bowyer cares that we don't get any money from players if he doesn't see any of it
  • Anfernees dad is a big part of his life and from what I’ve seen and heard he is happy with his sons progress now (not always the case).

i just hope this isn’t another “Poyet” situation where the player thinks he knows best
  • Can you imagine the meltdown when Lyle Taylor is sold in the January window 😮

If the money for Dijksteel doesn't go back to Bowyer to spend, other than to Duchatelet. I would rather keep Dijksteel to the end of the season as it would be a great achievement to be 21st or above. If he then walks who cares because I would be amazed if Bowyer stays beyond this Season as the non sale of Charlton persists.

Not surprised but always gutted that any youngster that finds any form leaves.

If Leeds sacked their manager around Xmas say after losing 3 on the spin, and asked to speak to Lee, Duchatelet would say no way: 2 million up front and Roland would say I don't want to stand in his way and if the whole staff went with him I would expect he
    would Check out what Nebojsa Vignjevic is up to. 

Ah absolutely. 

But I think it’s sensible to accept a bid (maybe not 1.9 though) if a player wants to go abc has 1 year left on his deal. 

But 100% that money should be used on getting 2/3 players in from the clubs point of view. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Can you imagine the meltdown when Lyle Taylor is sold in the January window 😮
    or this coming Thursday! 
  • think if lyle taylor is sold i will seriously consider hiring a hitman 
    The problem is he's probably left the club to little Tommy in his will.