Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• About 70 hours to sign five or six players. Doesn’t sound remotely the Charlton way. I’m guessing just like most seasons under Duchatelet we will be short of numbers.
    You just know, it ain’t gonna happen. It’s the Charlton way. Why would this transfer window be any different to any other
  • About 70 hours to sign five or six players. Doesn’t sound remotely the Charlton way. I’m guessing just like most seasons under Duchatelet we will be short of numbers.
    I expect Dijksteel to go and 3 players to come in. One good player who was genuinely one of our targets, one player who’s coming in for the sake of getting someone through the door, and the other being Callum Harriott
    I expect Dijksteel to go and 3 players to come in. One good player who was genuinely one of our targets, one player who’s coming in for the sake of getting someone through the door, and the other being Callum Harriott
    Crikey you are optimistic, if we sign anyone they will be untried youngsters on loan and Harriott. Hope I am wrong but I think Roly has screwed us this time more than any window before.
  • Oh great, and 10,000 people bought seasons tickets. Why oh why.......We're gonna have to force this bastard out
  • DOUCHER said:
    I have a feeling we may be pleasantly surprised about what happens to the bulk of he diksteel money - we shall see 
    Did Pragueaddick broker the deal and is gonna use his fee to finance the Romany hitman he was mentioning?
    Yep shafted yet again by Douchebag.
  • Cant blame players for leaving and bettering themselves financially,but I sincerely hope that when they play at the Valley,they dont get a heroes welcome upon their return.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Confirmed now
    Can a player refuse to leave?
    Sorry confirmed that the price has been accepted by RD. AD wants to leave as Boro have offered a very good salary. 
    Never a doubt this was all started by his agent. Probably would have liked to stay but my guess is that Rat only offered £3500/week or so. Can’t blame him. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I have a feeling we may be pleasantly surprised about what happens to the bulk of he diksteel money - we shall see 
    Just give us one good reason why you might think that . 
  • Receiving a better offer from another club clouds the issue. If a player is under contract of more than 1 year you either get a decent transfer fee or they stay your player.
    Duche has owned the club for long enough to take the blame for players moving on.

The reality is that it suits Duche because he pockets the money and this year will probably make a profit.

• Redhenry said:
    AD was on shirt buttons, we won't be saving much on his salary
    To RD, a saving is a saving.

Just look at the bottled water farce.
  • Redhenry said:
    AD was on shirt buttons, we won't be saving much on his salary
    Id be surprised if he was on much more than a grand a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we get 2 million for Dijksteel, that and Dijksteel's current weekly salary would easily pay the weekly wages for  4 or 5 top quality loan signings at this level for the next 9 months. I am going to wait until close of business on Thursday before passing judgement.
    I’m passing judgement now - we will get a downgrade on AD or sweet FA.
  • Fucking pisses me off people putting cryptic messages up and then standing back to watch the forum collectively wank ourselves into a frenzy.
    To be honest I usually do that without any rumours
  • edited August 2019
    2 questions if I may to the panel. 

First is Chris Solly shit or an legend beyond criticism? As it's hard to tell between threads. 

Second if AD has been offered 10k plus a week, if we offered 4k, a "sensible" owner would probably offer 7-8k, he wants to go, let him.  Heads will be turned, quite rightly.  If boro are offering him that salary, when would YOU have offered him a contract on that level? Start of last season, Christmas, start of this summer? 

Remember boro have lost more than £150 million over the last 10 years including parachute payments etc

• DOUCHER said:
    Please expand on this as I’m fairly certain that the rat is going to pocket it like he has always done. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

First is Chris Solly shit or an legend beyond criticism? As it's hard to tell between threads. 

Second if AD has been offered 10k plus a week, if we offered 4k, a "sensible" owner would probably offer 7-8k, he wants to go, let him.  Heads will be turned, quite rightly.  If boro are offering him that salary, when would YOU have offered him a contract on that level? Start of last season, Christmas, start of this summer? 

Remember boro have lost more than £150 million over the last 10 years including parachute payments etc

RE: Chris Solly I think we have to wait and see

We wrote Jackson off so many times (at this level) only for us to defy us - Wouldnt be surprised if he has mixed performances and should be treated as that rather than just being regarded as shit now
  • edited August 2019
    I have to admit i am a little torn on AD.  Selling a player with a year left on their contract whom is a RB, has only played a handful of games in L1 and is a long way from the finished article for £2M does not sound awful business.  

In an ideal world he would have a couple of years left to run so we could run him in the Championship and maximise his value next summer but he only has a year and any sensible owner would surely therefore sell now rather than lose for nowt next summer (see Bauer and Aribo and likely Taylor and Sarr next summer).

So the question is, should RD have let him run his contract down?  In hindsight, clearly not, but then a year ago would many on here have given him a significant pay rise to tie him longer?  If I am honest then I wouldn’t.  

Right now, I think there is an equal chance of him going on to be a £12M Konsa or a £0 Cousins.  His first touch is often wanting and he is not the best in the air.  We have tied down players to long contracts and got it wrong in the past with RD getting pelters, now they are shorter and we are wrong so he gets pelters again.

The issue for me is not the sale but the guaranteed lack of re-investment back into the squad.

Finally, I don’t buy the “don’t care how much we sell for” line, like a bad gambler RD is chasing his losses.  If we miraculously found a player to flog for £20m i do think RD would reduce his price.  He wants out but the issue is he wants his money back and currently his sunk money is too large for any sane buyer to give it to him.

who’d be an owner!

• I always try to stay optimistic but it is getting tougher lately. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

RE: Chris Solly I think we have to wait and see

We wrote Jackson off so many times (at this level) only for us to defy us - Wouldnt be surprised if he has mixed performances and should be treated as that rather than just being regarded as shit now
    He’s neither, it’s not black and white like that.

He made 36 starts in a team that finished 3rd in League 1. If he was as bad some make out he wouldn’t have stayed in the team.

He’s in the same group as Pratley and Lapslie. Not as quick and/or skilful as others so written off as having nothing to offer in the Championship.