Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• razil said:
    Didn’t Gallen say in one of the interviews re Bonne they had been watching him for a couple of years (could be wrong)
    Yes, he did. Bowyer said he was a project
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    2 questions if I may to the panel. 

First is Chris Solly shit or an legend beyond criticism? As it's hard to tell between threads. 

Second if AD has been offered 10k plus a week, if we offered 4k, a "sensible" owner would probably offer 7-8k, he wants to go, let him.  Heads will be turned, quite rightly.  If boro are offering him that salary, when would YOU have offered him a contract on that level? Start of last season, Christmas, start of this summer? 

Remember boro have lost more than £150 million over the last 10 years including parachute payments etc

If a club has a wage structure (even if we might think it unrealistic) it's unlikely they'd break it for a young right back though.

• Cafc43v3r said:

First is Chris Solly shit or an legend beyond criticism? As it's hard to tell between threads. 

Second if AD has been offered 10k plus a week, if we offered 4k, a "sensible" owner would probably offer 7-8k, he wants to go, let him.  Heads will be turned, quite rightly.  If boro are offering him that salary, when would YOU have offered him a contract on that level? Start of last season, Christmas, start of this summer? 

Remember boro have lost more than £150 million over the last 10 years including parachute payments etc

RE: Chris Solly I think we have to wait and see

We wrote Jackson off so many times (at this level) only for us to defy us - Wouldnt be surprised if he has mixed performances and should be treated as that rather than just being regarded as shit now
    Not sure how much you saw off last season but Solly is not an attacking RB. He can't take on an opposing defender & certainly can't cross. AD nailed down the RB position for the 2nd half of the season. Solly is not the player LB needs if he wants to play 5 at the back. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

We wrote Jackson off so many times (at this level) only for us to defy us - Wouldnt be surprised if he has mixed performances and should be treated as that rather than just being regarded as shit now
    If you look at the stats, I haven't so my anecdotal evidence is all all I have to go on, but the more games Jackson played over the last 5 years of his career, the lower we finished. 
  • edited August 2019
  • Sorry, quick follow up to my previous post.  

Please don’t let Solly be this seasons whipping boy.  Some of the posts on here are a bit cringy imo.  

He has literally given his career to the club both in respect of being a one club man and by the fact his commitment to the cause and tackling in early years has destroyed his knees.  

To me, he is a legend that has given 100% in every game I have watched him in and whom deserves the fans upmost respect probably more than just about every other player in recent times.  

To say he is not up to the Championship when a) last time we were here he was voted player of the year twice and b) he has not kicked a ball yet this season is poor form.

Maybe his best years are behind him but he, of all players, deserves the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of a new season.

Solly can be evaluated versus the league we are in without rubbishing all the great stuff he has done for us. I don’t think people are slagging him off at all - just offering an opinion on where he is as a player now 
  • What's the opinion on Wiredu ? Might be thrown in quicker than expected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you look at the stats, I haven't so my anecdotal evidence is all all I have to go on, but the more games Jackson played over the last 5 years of his career, the lower we finished. 
    Oh please, don't correlate JJ with that. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    These days Solly seems to have little pace and doesn't able to get up and down the line as frequently as the last time we were in the Championship. His knackered knees need managing also.

He looks a little vulnerable in Bowyer's formations - whether as RB in a '4 at the back diamond', with no wide midfielder covering in front of him, or as RWB in a '3 at the back diamond'.

In plain English, I don't believe Solly is a good fit within Bowyers tactics and game plan.

If he should play as a conventional RB in a flat 4-4-2, with covering wide midfielder, I feel sure he'd cope with Championship just fine ..... remember he's a defender first with decent positional sense and sheer tenacity in the tackle are his strengths.

But that's not how Bowyer's teams play.

Agree pretty much with all of that. Pace in this league is a lot lot quicker. He would come up against fast wingers almost every game so would need some help. Positioning isnt his problem and im sure Bowyer knows that.
    I cant see us going 442 much tho as we dont really have a fast winger ourselves.
    It looks like Oshilaja may have to be tried if we dont get a replacement. Young Wiredu seems to have been getting some praise recently but ive not seen him so cant comment on him but me personally have no problem trying a youngster out and seeing if they can grab the chance.
    Palace done it with Wan Bissaka and he took his chance, not comparing them directly, but point being he might step up. Wont make us 50m i am sure of that tho
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry to say this but yes, he wants the move
    Massive salary increase, playing for a club expected to be challenging at the top. Fair play.
    And moving to a club that is backed by it's owner, not one that pulls the rug from under it's manager at every opportunity. Can't blame him!
    Steve Gibson is the complete antithesis of the utter pratt that has his name on our deeds.
  • Re the AD situation. LB has to take a portion of the blame as he went on record 3 weeks ago saying that he doesn't want another Aribo situation & can't have young players running their contracts down & intimated that they might not be in the team if they didn't sign a new contract. 

This probably not only exacerbated the issue but also alerted teams to our plight .....or certainly made his agent more proactive. 
    Or Bowyer knew back then that AD wanted to leave?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Sorry to say this but yes, he wants the move
    Massive salary increase, playing for a club expected to be challenging at the top. Fair play.
    And moving to a club that is backed by it's owner, not one that pulls the rug from under it's manager at every opportunity. Can't blame him!
    Steve Gibson is the complete antithesis of the utter pratt that has his name on our deeds.
    Steve Gibson once held the toilet door open for me when I was exiting the posh boys toilets in the West Stand. A lot shorter than I imagined (height wise), but yes the total opposite of Roly.
  • Next 3 days are so crucial. 5/6 becomes 6/7 now needed. Be very surprised to have 2/3 incomings tbh. Just as worried that a championship side might try a £1m Taylor bid. If I was a manager of a Reading or a Millwall then why not, well worth a punt?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Redhenry said:
    Where did the money for Bonne come from? There must be some kind of system in place to recycle funds.

Otherwise if LB is given 200k as a budget for the season there is no way hes spending it all on a national league striker.
    Heard Bonne wasn't a Bowyer signing

I don't know where you heard that, but when we signed him, Lee said they tried to sign him last January, to replace Grant and Steve Gallen had been watching him for 2 years and thought now was the right time to buy him, lets give Bonne a chance as well it can take awhile to settle into a new club
    Even if Solly is still up to it we another for the Saturday-Tuesday-etc. Dijksteel was Bowyer's first choice, however.
  • Bailey said:
    What's the opinion on Wiredu ? Might be thrown in quicker than expected.
    I have seen him a few times, but in coming through i have not seen him used as a right back, or even a defender to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• "This is an interesting move and Parrott could prove to be an excellent capture, but you do worry about how much game time he is likely to get given Charlton’s strength in that area". 

Hope Roland doesn't read the above. Idiots. 
  • seth plum said:
    Bailey said:
    What's the opinion on Wiredu ? Might be thrown in quicker than expected.
    I have seen him a few times, but in coming through i have not seen him used as a right back, or even a defender to be honest.
    Wing back Seth ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He also captained us to a gutless relegation.
  • edited August 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    I have a feeling we may be pleasantly surprised about what happens to the bulk of he diksteel money - we shall see 
    If you are hearing what i have heard then i would be over the moon. But you maybe suggesting completely different?
    I dont do cryptic just say what i hear and im hearing Cullen coming back is a strong possibility
    If you're both hearing what I've heard then you too will be over the moon. But you may have heard something different.
    Apparently Burger Boy is getting a new drop side van for the West Stand car park, and to prepare they are also filling in four of the pot holes.

More realistic, I would suggest, that two shits spending any of the AD money on transfers.
  • I'll admit, Roland returning to Championship Roland type does feel enough to support protest action.
  • DOUCHER said:
    I have a feeling we may be pleasantly surprised about what happens to the bulk of he diksteel money - we shall see 
    If you are hearing what i have heard then i would be over the moon. But you maybe suggesting completely different?
    I dont do cryptic just say what i hear and im hearing Cullen coming back is a strong possibility
    @Redhenry ?
  • "This is an interesting move and Parrott could prove to be an excellent capture, but you do worry about how much game time he is likely to get given Charlton’s strength in that area". 

Hope Roland doesn't read the above. Idiots. 
    This sound like it's got wings.