Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Is there actually anything in the Parrott rumours or has it just blown up from a random twitter post?

Asking as from what i've read, he's Spurs' only back up striker to Kane, and Pochettino has been raving about him so can't see them letting him go unless they sign someone else.

Spurs want Pieces of Eight, before we can sign him on loan
  • Of all the places, Middlesboro, has the lad ever been there ?
    Anfernees Dijksteel's agent told him Middlesbrough is next to sandbanks and Poole. 
    He will argue he said sandbags and a pool of piss when he is confronted by an angry player. Seriously, If I wasn't going on holiday today, I would offer to drive Djiksteel there. I can't see how you would sign once you have seen the place.
    You wouldn't move up North for 3 or 4x your salary? You wouldn't even have to live in Middlesborough.

Madness.
    Djiksteel will be looking at a big payday next season if he does well this.
  • Ferryman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    That 2million would be better spent on wages to help get the players we desperately need that are on free transfers etc. I'd rather get 3 10k a week signings that can make a difference then spend 2m on 1 player
    Exactly. Some people on here seem to forget the situation Charlton are in with the  owner desperate to off load the club. As he was at the start of last season. If we had new owners then yes, I would expect new long term contracts to be offered to existing players and new players who are free agents. Maybe even pay a fee for a player. Season long loans and short term contracts are the only viable way of providing LB with a squad that has a chance of staying up this season. 
    This is what makes the signing of Bonne so hard to understand 
    Tommy said he could make the jump - Bow thinks not ready. I know who I believe.
    Tommy of course

Bowyer doesnt have the advantage of looking at future seasons to see how Bonne's career will pan out
  • Brentford linked with a £3M bid for Lyle Taylor.
  • Richard J said:
    Brentford linked with a £3M bid for Lyle Taylor.
    Wtf. Where?
  • Why did we think it would be any different this time in The Championship? Roland selling important players to club's in the same division. Bowyer won't se the cash either. Meanwhile, the EFL does nothing. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Richard J said:
    Wtf. Where?

Rumour that they want him as a replacement for Maupay
  • edited August 2019
    Can only see the Lyle Taylor rumours on twitter from the below, nothing actually mentioned by a news outlet

• Sponsored links:

• If LT is sold along with AD there will be riots in the streets. LB would be well within his rights to walk.
  • edited August 2019
    Can only see the Lyle Taylor rumours on twitter from the below, nothing actually mentioned by a news outlet

Source was "apparently" from Brenford to Football insider
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-brentford-want-to-sign-charlton-striker-as-maupay-replacement/
  • Richard J said:

They've got £20M burning a hole in their pocket. Roland's made us easy prey.
  • How reliable is Football Insider? - Its the frustrating aspect within the Sport now

You can never tell if its just a polished shit thats pretending to be something else with these websites
  • luke1 said:
    Oh my word. I don’t think I can think of a worse case scenario. 
  • Lyle won’t be signing a new contract, IMO. So this rumour of a transfer to Brentford is no surprise. They’ve got £m’s burning a hole in their pocket what with the sale of Ezri Konsa to Villa. We haven’t got a pot to piss in
  • And £20m from Maupay

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    https://twitter.com/tombarclay_/status/1158648229354987520?s=21

I'm told Charlton, Wigan and Shrewsbury have all put in loan offers for West Brom's Sam Field. Wigan and Barnsley also made permanent bids but Baggies don't want to sell. One to watch before the deadline

• If Lyle Taylor does get sold I can't blame him for going, he may be loved here but he was at Wimbledon.  Lyle leaving will be like when Yann departed. 
    I don't necessarily believe websites like that, especially as Brentford buys are usually to develop the player for resale value but vultures always circle a dying carcass. 
  • Tom Barclay from The Sun claims we've made an offer for Sam Field on loan (midfielder at West Brom). Barnsley/Wigan interested in signing him permanently but West Brom would prefere a loan move.
  • I will burn my tickets for Saturday if Taylor goes , that's the final straw 
  • He is absolutely quality, good footballing brain for his age. 

If we sign him i would expect 12+ goals 6+ assists
  • Southbank said:
    Ross_cafc said:
    I wonder how much of RDs approach now has been influenced by what he considers to be beyond acceptable protesting (eg stuff in Belgium). Not saying that it shouldn’t have happened, but I wonder if there’s extra incentive for him to screw the fans over as much as possible now that it’s more personal. 
    If the protests are getting to him  there should be more, to get him to sell quicker.

However, he has said he wants to sell the club and to get his money back. He is selling players to get his money back, simple as that. Any offer for anybody likely to be accepted. I said Dijksteel would go last week as soon  as Middlesbro made their offer. If anybody offers for Taylor he will sell him too. Taylor probably the only one worth anything on the market who is left.
    As  I was saying...
  • Lyle's agent must be loving this rumour to get more money on his new contract, oh hold on a minute.