Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Our club is slowly being put through a really slow painful miserable torturous death...while he just laughs at us...well I hope that Roland goes the same way...hate saying/thinking that,but... "it is what it is"...I've never hated or despised someone I have never met as much as this absolute c%#t 
    I don't like him.
  • mascot88 said:
    Well I want him dead... Id be delighted...
    Harsh, he scored 25 goals last season. 
  • Yep, this is Yann all over again.
  • Calm down everyone

Apart from anything else I can't see why Lyle would want to go to Brentford. Konsa did when  we were one division below them, but we're the same division now

• Calm down everyone

Apart from anything else I can't see why Lyle would want to go to Brentford. Konsa did when  we were one division below them, but we're the same division now

M.. O... N... E... Y
  • edited August 2019
    Regardless of whether Lyle signs a new contract (which I doubt), I think it's highly unlikely that he'll be with us next season.

The Dijksteel sale is unsurprising, given Duchatelet's obsession with flogging young players at the first opportunity, but it's as welcome as a cup of cold sick. A fine young player with huge potential and one on whom Boro will make a massive profit within the next year or two.
  • Calm down everyone

He turned down Sunderland over us because of the location despite more money. He'll get more money at Brentford and still be living local. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    So its come to this, we are now a feeder team to Brentford. 
    Premier League mid-table Championship stars of the future
  • I am amazed Lyle hasn't been sold yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:
    Regardless of whether Lyle signs a new contract (which I doubt), I think it's highly unlikely that he'll be with us next season.

The Dijksteel sale is unsurprising, given Duchatelet's obsession with flogging young players at the first opportunity, but it's as welcome as a cup of cold sick. A fine young player with huge potential and one on whom Boro will make a massive profit within the next year or two.
    Dijksteel has been rumoured all summer, it was clear that he and his agent were interested in a move. There have been so such vibes from Lyle
  • Would you be happy or sad if Roland snuffed it?
  • Thinking about this a bit more Taylor doesn't really match Brentfords criteria for signings they would usually make. They tend to sign young players with a good resale value, as good as Taylor is if they sign him now for 3 million they're not going to sell him for more than that in future. 
  • Thinking about this a bit more Taylor doesn't really match Brentfords criteria for signings they would usually make. They tend to sign young players with a good resale value, as good as Taylor is if they sign him now for 3 million they're not going to sell him for more than that in future. 
    That is true, but for most players they'd have to pay about 10m for someone with his goalscoring record last year regardless of age but with us they probably see a cheap value signing
    3 million is peanuts for a striker and they want to assemble a decent championship squad. 
    However they do have a brand new stadium next season and need to ensure Championship football this season. 
    They have money to burn from the players they’ve sold this summer. 3m is nothing to them, especially for a player like Lyle
    However they do have a brand new stadium next season and need to ensure Championship football this season. 
    They also have to pay for the brand new stadium which must surely affect their budget too
    They have money to burn from the players they’ve sold this summer. 3m is nothing to them, especially for a player like Lyle
    And that is the crux of the matter...unfortunately for us...😡
  • Sponsored links:

I said this on Twitter and somebody pointed out to me that they signed Pontus Jansson from Leeds earlier in the window, at 28.
  • Everyone waiting on Cawley  :|
  • edited August 2019
    Cant see why Brentford would want him. Older than their usual player profile and let's be honest only had one truly decent season in league 1. Untested in the Championship and not sure he'll be that great anyway

• Can not believe that was 50 new posts because a Leeds fan tweeted saying "get they go in for him" 

• I have no doubt that he loves Charlton but the thing that worries me most is that Taylor is almost 30, and clearly a driven, ambitious individual... combine this with the fact that he is outspoken (not a bad thing), and must surely be frustrated by the way LB & JJ are being undermined by the owner at every opportunity, and the teams potential destroyed (after Wembley he was quoted as saying there would be a player revolt if Bowyer's contract wasn't sorted).

If you were offered a shot at a last big (improved) contract with a London Championship team that actually shows some ambition (or stay at The Valley and possibly get offered a derisory now contract by the disinterested owner). What would you do?
  • Fuck me someone randomly tweeted about Taylor going and you all go into meltdown.

Calm down
    Pete O'Rourke, definitely not just some randomer on Twitter.
  • Type in Lyle Taylor on twitter, at least 3 verified accounts have tweeted about it aswell as Pete O’Rourke. Definitely not just some randomer
  • Why would RD not want to sell Taylor? He's sold everyone else that can command a fee.

Only Dillon left to go....