Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• The fact that Taylor is approaching 30 is the only reason he hasn’t been sold yet, this is how it all starts, rumours today, concrete evidence tomorrow, medical Thursday you watch.  

Then a large scale pitch invasion at every home game until that cancerous prick fucks off needs to take place.
    Pitch invasion at The Valley? 

Duchatelet would laugh at it. Then use it against us in the media.

Otherwise it wouldn't touch him. Any protest would have to happen in Belgium or through their media to have any effect.
    It's his reputation that he cares about.

• Of all the places, Middlesboro, has the lad ever been there ?
    Anfernees Dijksteel's agent told him Middlesbrough is next to sandbanks and Poole. 
    He will argue he said sandbags and a pool of piss when he is confronted by an angry player. Seriously, If I wasn't going on holiday today, I would offer to drive Djiksteel there. I can't see how you would sign once you have seen the place.
    You wouldn't move up North for 3 or 4x your salary? You wouldn't even have to live in Middlesborough.

Madness.
    Djiksteel will be looking at a big payday next season if he does well this.
    You’re kidding right - he’ll get a “big payday” now if he moves to ‘Boro and then, if he does well, he’ll have the chance of a Premier League payday whether they get promoted or not.

There is no logical argument to suggest that any of our players should turn down a move to any other Championship club. 
  • ciro9991 said:
    Now on the Sky Sports twitter page that Brentford are in talks for Lyle...

I think they are just trying to get the scoop, I doubt there is any legs 'sky sources' basically they have seen the rumour and could see it because we are a mess.

I reckon Taylor stays, at worse he goes in January.

Hopefully we can make at least 4 signings before the window closes, I should really say hopeful really.

Parrott would be decent, mate said he is similar to Kane style/pace and highly regarded so could be perfect time for him to make his mark. Must have something about him to be involved in pre-season, they will probably need to sign someone first to let him go.

• To SE7toSG3,got to be honest ,Did not see this coming,I feel physically sick.
  • If Taylor was my son and at 29 will be on a shedload of dough of course I would advise him to leave our shit cart of a club.
    its a no brainer, why would any player stay or any supporter pay to support a club that the owner is asset stripping?
  • Melrose said:

CafcCrazy said:

Take a deep breath everyone.

We are in fear escalation mode.

We have similar in the run up to pretty much every window deadline of a major sale and in the last few at least it has never materialised.

I forsee a load of comings and goings over the next couple of days.

We really should keep your council till Thursday evening and see how the overall picture looks then.

Should be a flag button for sensible posts like this in the midst of a meltdown.
    How can anyone who loves the club keep a sensible head on at this moment of time. We have an owner who is trying to destroy the club. Why the fuck people bought season tickets (10,000 +) i'll never know. DO NOT PUT ANOTHER PENNY THIS MAN'S WAY. Also those who support valley gold, STOP. If  Taylor is sold, I think there will be real trouble, and in my opinion, it's about time. Fuck plastic pigs and ping pong balls etc
    Tired of this deluded argument. RD is a f***ing billionaire who couldn't give a stuff about boycotts etc - that much is evident by now. If he cared about money he would have sold by now.

Nobody knows how to remove him do they? 
  • sam3110 said:
    Dijksteel's father on Facebook claiming Anfernee wants to stay at Charlton and he won't leave, fwiw

Maybe but his dad isn't a professional footballer - I get the impression that neither Dijksteel or Patrick B. wanted to leave Charlton but as the Helmet won't pay the money they had no choice. A footballer's career is relatively short and I for one don't blame any player (whether they play for Charlton or not) wanting to better themselves financially. In their place I know I would as would any sane person.
  • ciro9991 said:

I think they are just trying to get the scoop, I doubt there is any legs 'sky sources' basically they have seen the rumour and could see it because we are a mess.

Hopefully we can make at least 4 signings before the window closes, I should really say hopeful really.

Parrott would be decent, mate said he is similar to Kane style/pace and highly regarded so could be perfect time for him to make his mark. Must have something about him to be involved in pre-season, they will probably need to sign someone first to let him go.

At this time of year, with 92 clubs frantically trying to deal, there's no way that Sky and the news outlets have 100% accurate information  on every club, they'll be copying social media sites which in turn have copied other social media sites...
  • Sponsored links:

• IF the rumours about Lyle are correct SURELY BOWYER WOULD HAVE TO WALK?
  • Exactly what Gary said, £15mill and we will talk. Selling players is one thing, just rolling over at the slightest hint of interest is madness.
  • Oggy Red said:
    The fact that Taylor is approaching 30 is the only reason he hasn’t been sold yet, this is how it all starts, rumours today, concrete evidence tomorrow, medical Thursday you watch.  

Then a large scale pitch invasion at every home game until that cancerous prick fucks off needs to take place.

Otherwise it wouldn't touch him. Any protest would have to happen in Belgium or through their media to have any effect.

Do both, let’s face it if Taylor goes we are down, pitch protests for publicity, Belgian protests to hurt the spiteful bastard.
  • Brentford are in talks with Charlton to sign striker Lyle Taylor, according to Sky Sources

— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) August 6, 2019
    Sky sources ..... what's that? Twitter speculation and Charlton Life?

A lot of media transfer speculation is reported after their backroom staff trawl through social media.

• Oggy Red said:
    The fact that Taylor is approaching 30 is the only reason he hasn’t been sold yet, this is how it all starts, rumours today, concrete evidence tomorrow, medical Thursday you watch.  

Totally agree.  Nothing at the Valley affects him.  It must be in Belgium and, ideally, something that personally affects him or his business.
  • ciro9991 said:

I doubt they would take a chance on running with a story between Charlton and Brentford just for the sake of saying they got the scoop - it’s not as if either club is big enough to move the dial much for them in terms of ratings. The fact that Sky are reporting it makes me feel as though there is definitely something in this, and all the supporting details stack up when you think about the money Brentford have, our owner etc 
  • Melrose said:

CafcCrazy said:

We have similar in the run up to pretty much every window deadline of a major sale and in the last few at least it has never materialised.

We really should keep your council till Thursday evening and see how the overall picture looks then.

Should be a flag button for sensible posts like this in the midst of a meltdown.
    How can anyone who loves the club keep a sensible head on at this moment of time. We have an owner who is trying to destroy the club. Why the fuck people bought season tickets (10,000 +) i'll never know. DO NOT PUT ANOTHER PENNY THIS MAN'S WAY. Also those who support valley gold, STOP. If  Taylor is sold, I think there will be real trouble, and in my opinion, it's about time. Fuck plastic pigs and ping pong balls etc
    Tired of this deluded argument. RD is a f***ing billionaire who couldn't give a stuff about boycotts etc - that much is evident by now. If he cared about money he would have sold by now.

That’s the spirit.....Or you could do nothing and just bend over take it up the Gary!
  • Brentford free to pick up the phone and ask. Just tell them his price is £15M and that we will only sell at that if we have a replacement lined up. Should be a short conversation. 
  • Greenie said:
    Oggy Red said:

Do both, let’s face it if Taylor goes we are down, pitch protests for publicity, Belgian protests to hurt the spiteful bastard.
    Serious question - short of somebody paying stupid money for the club what would make RD go?

You can't physically remove him. 

• cafc-west said:
    Oggy Red said:

Totally agree.  Nothing at the Valley affects him.  It must be in Belgium and, ideally, something that personally affects him or his business.
    There must be businesses that do business with his business. They might not appreciate getting drawn into this.
  • Sponsored links:

• DanDavis said:
    Exactly what Gary said, £15mill and we will talk. Selling players is one thing, just rolling over at the slightest hint of interest is madness.
    15 mil or 15p - no difference. The money will not go back into the squad.
  • Bonne could be Taylor's replacement in Roland's eyes. This one would be the worst of the lot if it were to happen.
  • i could accept the lack of funding for the team as he wants to sell so he's not going to invest loads of money but what is the point in just selling all the best players and devaluing the assets of the club. The man is a complete and utter fucking moron
  • Mrkinski said:
    DanDavis said:
    Exactly what Gary said, £15mill and we will talk. Selling players is one thing, just rolling over at the slightest hint of interest is madness.
    15 mil or 15p - no difference. The money will not go back into the squad.
    The difference being that Brentford will likely take their interest somewhere else for £15m
  • If Taylor is sold by that scrotbag looking f**ker then I will honestly never watch a charlton game home or away until he’s gone. Will happily support my local non-leauge team, he really is killing us.
  • Melrose said:

CafcCrazy said:

It's not about money. It's about bringing it all to the public eye and humiliating him. We know it's unlikely to get rid of him. It's also about self pride, i.e. not being taking the piss out of. Surprised a lot of people can't work this out eh!
  • I always try to stay optimistic but it is getting tougher lately. 

My optimism flew out the window a few days' after Wembley when it became clear the Helmet had no intention of selling the 'cloob'.
  • Sky just jumping on the bandwagon.

@Redhenry please come and calm everyone down. TBH even I am now starting to get jittery
  • DanDavis said:
    Well Brentford have just got £20m for Neal Maupay....so they have the money.
  • Greenie said:
    Melrose said:

CafcCrazy said:

That’s the spirit.....Or you could do nothing and just bend over take it up the Gary!
    Protests here don't touch him so what do you think will? I'm not saying do nothing I'm just genuinely at a loss as to what an effective strategy is.

Does anyone understand him?