Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Was Googling Troy Parrott Charlton Spurs forum to see what came up. A week or two ago someone said we were after Kaz Sterling on loan. Doesn't seem to have gone on loan yet so that could still be a possibility.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/spurs-youth-2019-20.32489/page-3
    Is a 17 year old the answer?
    Probably not though Sterling is 20 and probably more likely.
  • I wonder how much of RDs approach now has been influenced by what he considers to be beyond acceptable protesting (eg stuff in Belgium). Not saying that it shouldn’t have happened, but I wonder if there’s extra incentive for him to screw the fans over as much as possible now that it’s more personal. 
  • Ross_cafc said:
    I wonder how much of RDs approach now has been influenced by what he considers to be beyond acceptable protesting (eg stuff in Belgium). Not saying that it shouldn’t have happened, but I wonder if there’s extra incentive for him to screw the fans over as much as possible now that it’s more personal. 
    If the protests are getting to him  there should be more, to get him to sell quicker.

However, he has said he wants to sell the club and to get his money back. He is selling players to get his money back, simple as that. Any offer for anybody likely to be accepted. I said Dijksteel would go last week as soon  as Middlesbro made their offer. If anybody offers for Taylor he will sell him too. Taylor probably the only one worth anything on the market who is left.
  • edited August 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:
    That 2million would be better spent on wages to help get the players we desperately need that are on free transfers etc. I'd rather get 3 10k a week signings that can make a difference then spend 2m on 1 player
    Exactly. Some people on here seem to forget the situation Charlton are in with the  owner desperate to off load the club. As he was at the start of last season. If we had new owners then yes, I would expect new long term contracts to be offered to existing players and new players who are free agents. Maybe even pay a fee for a player. Season long loans and short term contracts are the only viable way of providing LB with a squad that has a chance of staying up this season. 
  • cfgs said:

Steve Gibson once held the toilet door open for me when I was exiting the posh boys toilets in the West Stand. A lot shorter than I imagined (height wise), but yes the total opposite of Roly.
    Roland may be despicable, but at least no-on has accused him of cottaging.
  • edited August 2019
    Troy Parrot highlights from this preseason. Played 1/2 against ManU last week. And 45 against Juve. Not bad!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10yxhdhCwSs

• Pavo said:
    I think Michael Owen was 17/18 when he broke into Liverpool’s 1st team and netted nearly 20 goals in his first season. I know nothing about Parrott, but if Spurs are raving about him, I would hope that he can make a very positive impression in the Championship.
    Jermaine Defoe had a great season at Bournemouth in the 3rd tier aged 17/18 too
  • edited August 2019
    Pavo said:
    I think Michael Owen was 17/18 when he broke into Liverpool’s 1st team and netted nearly 20 goals in his first season. I know nothing about Parrott, but if Spurs are raving about him, I would hope that he can make a very positive impression in the Championship.
    Jermaine Defoe had a great season at Bournemouth in the 3rd tier aged 17/18 too

I think he set a record for scoring in consecutive games (ten I think) during that loan. Not sure anyone's beaten it either. 

Edit - just looked it up. Vardy holds the record with 11.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think this Parrot could be a cracker... In the making. Perfect age for a L1/Championship loan for me.
  • Scoham said:
    Was Googling Troy Parrott Charlton Spurs forum to see what came up. A week or two ago someone said we were after Kaz Sterling on loan. Doesn't seem to have gone on loan yet so that could still be a possibility.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/spurs-youth-2019-20.32489/page-3
    No
  • uie2 said:
    Scoham said:

No
    Scub that last comment ;)
  • A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, of course..
  • Redhenry said:
    AD was on shirt buttons, we won't be saving much on his salary
    If he was on shirt buttons surely it would have made sense to sign him on a long contract when he originally signed ? Same with Aribo ? I really don’t get the logic with the short contracts for young players. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I think this Parrot could be a cracker... In the making. Perfect age for a L1/Championship loan for me.
    Think this ones got wings 
  • edited August 2019
    Troy Parrott 2019 Pre Season Highlights (vs Juventus, Man U and Real Madrid)

https://youtu.be/10yxhdhCwSs
  • think if lyle taylor is sold i will seriously consider hiring a hitman 
    What are the odds that we keep him till January? The hope being he has scored enough goals to give us a chance of staying up, then we flog him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Depends on how good the 17 year old is..............surely?
    Certainly does. Rooney was five days short of his 17th birthday when he scored the winning goal against Arsenal in October 2002 - ending Arsenal's 30 match unbeaten run.

If Troy Parrott is good enough then he's old enough.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    That 2million would be better spent on wages to help get the players we desperately need that are on free transfers etc. I'd rather get 3 10k a week signings that can make a difference then spend 2m on 1 player
    Exactly. Some people on here seem to forget the situation Charlton are in with the  owner desperate to off load the club. As he was at the start of last season. If we had new owners then yes, I would expect new long term contracts to be offered to existing players and new players who are free agents. Maybe even pay a fee for a player. Season long loans and short term contracts are the only viable way of providing LB with a squad that has a chance of staying up this season. 
    This is what makes the signing of Bonne so hard to understand 
  • edited August 2019
    Of all the places, Middlesboro, has the lad ever been there ?
    Anfernees Dijksteel's agent told him Middlesbrough is next to sandbanks and Poole. 
    He will argue he said sandbags and a pool of piss when he is confronted by an angry player. Seriously, If I wasn't going on holiday today, I would offer to drive Djiksteel there. I can't see how you would sign once you have seen the place.
  • Scoham said:

He's the next big thing according to the Irish media and very highly rated.  I think it would be great if we could get him.
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I assume Bonne was a fee as his wages are likely at the lowest end of our range so all in cost remains the same and was funded through Aribo sale so net no cash from RD. 
  • Is there actually anything in the Parrott rumours or has it just blown up from a random twitter post?

Asking as from what i've read, he's Spurs' only back up striker to Kane, and Pochettino has been raving about him so can't see them letting him go unless they sign someone else.
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Tommy said he could make the jump - Bow thinks not ready. I know who I believe.
  • DOUCHER said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I assume Bonne was a fee as his wages are likely at the lowest end of our range so all in cost remains the same and was funded through Aribo sale so net no cash from RD. 
    In the same vein Taylor was free and should be given an appropriate contract extension.
  • Keep in mind the defenders/keepers he faced during the friendlies in the above clips:

Buffon, Bonucci, De Sciglio, Cancelo, Rugani, (45 mins)

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Smalling, Rojo, A.Young, (45 mins)

Navas, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Carvajal, Odriozola, De La Fuente (24 mins)

Yes I was sad enough to look up the line-ups for the Spurs friendlies.
    He has certainly played against some top defenders. I bet he can’t wait to test himself against Naby Sarr in training.