Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• mart77 said:
    Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    Looks like Gary O’Neil to me🤔🤔
    Could well be, was Bolton POTY last year.

Also from Bromley so he may fancy coming home.
  • We need two strikers. If we get say Nketiah or John-Jules, I'd be happy for Josh to fight for 1st off the bench with Bonne.
  • My thinking is that if that is O’Neil he will come in and Morgan will go out, it will be a like for like swap essentially 
  • Magennis is walking out on Bolton and available for free...
    Their local paper said "Bolton paid £400,000 to prise Magennis from Charlton Athletic a year ago".

Is that right?

• Does look like O’Neil. Didn’t realise he was still playing tbh
  • I presume O'Neil is out of contract so we could sign him any time? 
  • I thought the black socks implied he was a coach. Fitness coach maybe
  • Oggy Red said:
    Magennis is walking out on Bolton and available for free...
    Their local paper said "Bolton paid £400,000 to prise Magennis from Charlton Athletic a year ago".

Is that right?

Sounds about right to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    I would definitely have Magennis back. 

Strong and pacy and defensively he was an asset for us.

if he’s unattached he’d be looking to sort something quickly and shouldn’t cost the earth. He’d give us another option and might work well with Lyle
    Dear god, please no.
  • edited August 2019
    mart77 said:
    Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    Looks like Gary O’Neil to me🤔🤔
    Doesn’t look anything like Gary O’Neill to me 
    two weeks ago heard he is signing for millwall , his boyhood club,  once Bolton guff sorted
  • Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    David Beckham
  • cfgs said:
    So if we sign him great a bit of experience, but if he signs for his boyhood side, he is past it Millwall scum.

He's 36!
  • Oggy Red said:
    Magennis is walking out on Bolton and available for free...

Is that right?

In which case they likely still owe us some of the fee.
  • Only reason I would say yes to Magennis is because I have full trust in Bowyer shaping him into a player that would add value to the team. 
  • Scoham said:
    I’m convinced Bowyer doesn’t rate Magennis and wouldn’t have him back. Can see us signing better on loan.
    Exactly. Bowyer didn't even want him in league one, so why would he now want him in the championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Asked Anfernee yesterday if he was on his way out and he simply replied “I don’t know.”
    Also the hope is to bring in another four this week, though that’s hardly anything new to be honest as I think we all realise/ hope that’s the case.....no idea whatsoever who the four targets are though.
    Keep hearing the figure of £5000 a week is the wages cap for new signings, though I certainly wouldn’t take that as gospel as that didn’t come from anyone directly involved in the running of the club.
    All a bit uninteresting really but can only tell you that’s ‘some’ of what’s out there on the rumour mill.
    Should be a very very interesting week ahead.

The 5k a week is intresting.  Someone said last season the top end was 6k but we heard 2.5k a week earlier in the window.

If true it almost confirms my theory that the first batch of signings were players they wanted as either squad players if they got a bigger budget or 1st choice if they didnt. 
  • Boss please don't loan out Albie

• Asked Anfernee yesterday if he was on his way out and he simply replied “I don’t know.”
    Also the hope is to bring in another four this week, though that’s hardly anything new to be honest as I think we all realise/ hope that’s the case.....no idea whatsoever who the four targets are though.
    Keep hearing the figure of £5000 a week is the wages cap for new signings, though I certainly wouldn’t take that as gospel as that didn’t come from anyone directly involved in the running of the club.
    All a bit uninteresting really but can only tell you that’s ‘some’ of what’s out there on the rumour mill.
    Should be a very very interesting week ahead.

In fairness, what else can he say?

He can't definitely say no, as Roland could accept a bid tomorrow. And he can't say yes as we could keep turning down bids.
  • se9addick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I would definitely have Magennis back. 

Strong and pacy and defensively he was an asset for us.

if he’s unattached he’d be looking to sort something quickly and shouldn’t cost the earth. He’d give us another option and might work well with Lyle
    Dear god, please no.
    After watching us yesterday I actually think Magennis would fit well into the system it looks like Bowyer wants to play and would take some of the pressure off of Lyle. Bowyer has said Bonne “isn’t ready” for the Championship which means we only really have two strikers, one of whom is currently injured and we have five days and very little budget to improve that situation - Magennis would be a good addition in this circumstances.
    I doubt this will happen. Think LB wants a different type of striker. 
  • Scoham said:
    I’m convinced Bowyer doesn’t rate Magennis and wouldn’t have him back. Can see us signing better on loan.
    Expect Nahki Wells & Matty Taylor are our striker targets. Bristol City wont let Taylor go until they bring in a striker though. Hopefully we dont see a repeat of what happened with Mo Eisa like year....when Bristol City didnt end up loaning him to us because they failed to bring in a replacement.
  • Scoham said:
    Expect Nahki Wells & Matty Taylor are our striker targets. Bristol City wont let Taylor go until they bring in a striker though. Hopefully we dont see a repeat of what happened with Mo Eisa like year....when Bristol City didnt end up loaning him to us because they failed to bring in a replacement.
    Surely we must have more than two targets?!
  • Interesting to see that palace have only spent £2.5 million on transfer fees so far this transfer window despite receiving £50 million and looking likely (?) to lose Zaha as well. Roland’s a visionary...
  • Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
    On Nketiah. At last count yesterday 23 teams had asked for a loan

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
    ARSENAL. Split on what to do with excellent young Nketiah. Transfer team want to loan. Coach would like to stay. BRISTOL CITY head the queue. CARDIFF also keen as move for foreign striker falters.