Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• heard we are being linked with nahki wells scored 7 goals in 40 games for qpr last season!! really think we are scraping the barrel BUT who in there right mind would come to us, and we are reliant on loans and free agents. 
    where have you heard that? Only ask as it was on here and facebook a couple of nights ago so wondering if its rumours from rumours or if you have a solid sauce. I would love it to be true exactly what we need. 
  • heard we are being linked with nahki wells scored 7 goals in 40 games for qpr last season!! really think we are scraping the barrel BUT who in there right mind would come to us, and we are reliant on loans and free agents. 
    I honestly believe we are a very attractive option to any loan player wishing to better themselves. Our coaching team have a great track record of improving players and let’s be honest when you look at the squad, if you’re half decent with a good work ethic you’re gonna be playing.
  • £10m is a good price for Bielik, but I'm amazed Arsenal let him go when you consider their other options in the CB and defensive midfield positions
  • £10m for Bielik is under-rating him if anything. Arsenal should have given him a chance, he's 21 got a lot of improvement left in him, and has the potential to turn in to a great centre back, who can bring the ball out from the back, which is the vogue these days. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Derby sell him on in a year/2 years for at least double that.
    Derby haven't paid £10m up front, less than £8m I believe but I agree they could make a decent profit if he kicks on in the Championship

• Brighton looking to loan out Tomer Hemed again this season. Worth a look?

Brighton will probably want us to pay some wages but not sure if he’s on Championship money or Premier League money.

37 goals in 94 apps over three seasons in the Championship. Last season on loan at QPR.
    Like Wells he was also on loan @ Queens Park Rangers last season

Cant imagine them having much better spending power than us

Might well be a good one to happen as Brighton do seem to be helpful where possible with us

Brighton will probably want us to pay some wages but not sure if he’s on Championship money or Premier League money.

37 goals in 94 apps over three seasons in the Championship. Last season on loan at QPR.
    Would add some championship experience which is needed  
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems that Bolton players have been paid...

You would imagine that even though they have now been paid they should be able to walk based on breach of contract. Some of their wages had been outstanding for nearly 6 months.
    Yeah be unfair if they've now been paid it means that they're tied back to the terms of their Contract

In the players mind they'll no doubt be wondering if it'll happen again should they stay
    The PFA meant them £2M
  • Ferryman said:
    Seems that Bolton players have been paid...

You would imagine that even though they have now been paid they should be able to walk based on breach of contract. Some of their wages had been outstanding for nearly 6 months.
    Yeah be unfair if they've now been paid it means that they're tied back to the terms of their Contract

In the players mind they'll no doubt be wondering if it'll happen again should they stay
    The PFA meant them £2M
    Yeah its how Bolton have got their game going ahead whilst Bury do not...

I would take him
  • Just watched Bielik's interview signing for Derby. You can tell how much last season meant to him and what he thinks of the club always refering to Charlton as "we" shame we don't have a decent owner so we could have got him back but I wish him well.
    How many 'decent owners' would have spent that level of cash on him?

Roland's an arse but unfortunately was never going to get him, can't be blamed on the wanker for a change. 
    Yeah he's absolutely class but it doesn't make sense for a club of our current size and stature to spend 10m on a CB/CM. It shows the money we're up against in this league. I have to imagine he had suitors in the top tiers of some leagues, but don't know that any were willing to part with 10m all told.

Good luck to him, wonderful player. Could very well be a Premier League player next year. 

Remember him always playing well against us. As mentioned, Championship experience which we're desperately light on. Given what we have to work with I think he'd definitely be worth a punt. 
  • The next Roland lie will be that Beilik's left testical failed the medical after that fan slid in celebrating a goal.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Boro bid £2m for Dijksteel, according to the above.
    Cheers flipping clickbait worked in reverse... Assumed they'd bid £1m and so ignored it. 

£2m I'd reject, he's gotta be worth at least £3m
    Geezer at right back for Luton went for 7 million apparently, by that logic surely we can get 500k?
  • edited August 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Strange how RD reacts to offers for players so differently to offers for the sale of the club. He receives a fair market offer of 30m and immediately think he can achieve more and puts the price up yet is happy to shake on deals for our players way under value. 
    Wonder if lil Tommy is part of the problem - Would be surprised if he understood transfer values over here

i.e. What with him telling the Peterborough owner they paid over the odds for Mo Eisa etc.

Take Maxi Gomez in Spain for example, West Ham came in for him and it was £45m

Valencia signed him and it was no where near that amount, its no secret what English teams can afford but not our owner!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Essex_Al said:
    If Dijksteel won't sign a new contract then get rid now for the best possible price we can.

If Bristol City are after him, get them to chuck Taylor in the deal, at least it would give us another forward.

Solly, Deji and Lockyer could all play right back, but if Lee wanted to replace then it's a lot easier replacing a full back than trying to sign a forward!

Simples!
    Why?
    Exactly right! Who cares if he walks after this season? I would PREFER it!!!! Whether he walks or is sold, Bowyer gets zero money. So at least keep him and get a full season from him. All player transfer sale money goes into the pocket of Roland. So I prefer we sell no one at any price, even if their contract ends in a season. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Strange how RD reacts to offers for players so differently to offers for the sale of the club. He receives a fair market offer of 30m and immediately think he can achieve more and puts the price up yet is happy to shake on deals for our players way under value. 
    Taxi_Lad said:

he's a businessman first and a football club owner somewhere else in his mentality, perhaps as a nice hobby which has gone wrong .. he is keen to sell players in an attempt to balance his losses .. he's content to just pay out enough to keep the club above water and expects Bowyer and Co to continue achieving near miracles .. when it comes to selling the club, he wants his money back plus a BIG mark up to cover his losses since he bought CAFC .. 
    an analogy would be a house owner before he moves might be keen to sell off the furniture and fittings at a rock bottom price, but when it comes to selling the house, he wants top dollar 
  • edited August 2019
    heard we are being linked with nahki wells scored 7 goals in 40 games for qpr last season!! really think we are scraping the barrel BUT who in there right mind would come to us, and we are reliant on loans and free agents. 
    Wells would have been a great signing for us in 2016 in League One.
  • I miss Bielik already.  :(

It’s not you, it’s me!

• Simple but then Solly gets injured so Deji is playing out of position at right back 
    Oshilaja would not be out of position at right-back. It is probably his best position and he was signed to play there.