Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019

Simple but then Solly gets injured so Deji is playing out of position at right back 
    Oshilaja would not be out of position at right-back. It is probably his best position and he was signed to play there.

Is he a centre back who can do a job at right back though, or a proper full back who can offer something in attack?

Currently we have two defenders for each position. Losing Dijksteel and moving Oshilaja across to right back would still leave us a defender short.

How do you know he was signed to play right back?

• Gutted about Bielik. I mean, we all knew him coming back was a <5% chance, but that interview, and his reaction after the play-off final shows that if we could've offered a competitive deal he 100% would be a Charlton player now. Reality is though, even if Roland was gone we'd have needed a new owner willing to throw big bucks at it for us to be paying that sort of money for a defensive midfielder.

A permanent cult here in my books though - will follow his career with interest, and wish him well.
    I find it hard to imagine a scenario where we are paying £10m for a player (with wages to match). Bielik was always going to be well out of our league
  • 10m is definitely overpaying for Bielek, as much as I rate him one good season in league one doesn't make a player worth 10m.t
  • Scoham said:
    Think this is probably nonsense, looks like it could be another of those fake journalist accounts:
    “Southwark Park Press” 67 followers... nothing gets past you ay? ;-)
  • Really can’t see why Dijksteel would sign a new contract. He’s already got Boro and Bristol City chasing him and if he doesn’t go now they are likely to be queuing round the block next summer. Not as if we are able to offer him a decent deal either. Anyway if there is 2m on the table Roland is going to take it.
  • edited August 2019
    Our glorious leader had not realised that if he doesn't up the budget by a decent portion of player sales, there will be no motivation for LB to sell anyone in contract.  Will LdT have a handle on transfer matters, or Dreisden?

I guess LB expected to get some KAG money. Once bitten, twice shy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Beleik is a snip # £10 mill personally.
    In the current market, and with his potential, I make you right. For example, Maguire is not 8x the player Bielik is.

It’s a lot of money, but it’s a good deal for Derby.
  • cfgs said:
    Football has properly lost its mind if a team unlikely to be promoted are paying about £10 million for a player.
    Spot on, plus a five year deal. Let’s say £20K p/w which I imagine is least expected by a £10M player means a whole package of £15m+...  for a defensive midfielder/CB whom has really only played at L1 level.  It is absolute insanity from a Championship team and utterly unsustainable.  
    I also completely agree with this too. It is absolutely insanity, but so is the whole entire market.

In relative terms, it’s about right. But of course, in reality, it’s ludicrous.
  • Bielik will mature even more in a team who should be around the top 8 all season.
    Will on occasions get caught on the ball but at 21 could still go far in the game. Only thing which makes this a gamble is he did have about 5 different short term Injuries over the season at Cafc. 6 if you include the kick in the bollocks by a fan.
  • Ironically Arsenal have just sold their best CH and the ones they retain are mid-table Championship at best.
    What about Bielik?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Bielik is an investment. He’ll be sold next summer for a profit.
    Oh they will be selling alright. Fire sale, unless they are promoted.
    In 2016-17, Derby had a £23.3M operating loss, and offset that by selling off £16M in players. Their actual loss was £7.1M. But in 2017-18 they had a £29M operational loss and an actual loss of £25M. But they did a financial shenanigan where they sold the ground to themselves as another company and are claiming that they did so at a £40M profit. So magically..... they were profitable last year! Total bullshit. They are running on fumes, breaching FFP Rules to gain an advantage, and the FA should be punishing them for such crap.
    Excluding their magical sale of the ground to themselves, and estimating their loss for last season, their 3-year loss is approaching £60-70M, when they are not suppose to exceed £39M. But here they are, splashing out more cash and hoping to get promoted before fines and bans and point deductions can be imposed.
    It's one thing to get outspent by bigger clubs who generate more revenue. Its another to be cheated. I doubt they get promoted this season. I hope they go into Administration when the music stops. They and their moaning fans will get no pity from me. Screw em.
    Mel Morris just sold their ground to himself for £41m.

This meant Derby could announce a yearly profit of over £14m. They are not in any danger of violating FFP in the near future.
  • Mel Morris selling Derby’s ground to himself to get around FFP explains some of replies when they announced Bielik, I hadn’t realised what had happened.
  • If I get a valley pass at what point does a replay of the game become available ? Because a live game for me is at the witching hour but if I could watch it three four  hours later that would be perfect.
  • If I get a valley pass at what point does a replay of the game become available ? Because a live game for me is at the witching hour but if I could watch it three four  hours later that would be perfect.
    They don't upload the whole game, just highlights which are roughly 10 minutes long