Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I wonder what the odds are that not one single player mentioned so far in 30 pages actually gets signed?
    If and it's still a big if Bowyer signs a new contract I fully expect Eaves to sign for Charlton along with a couple of others mentioned. 
    If Bowyer walks who knows. 
  • I wonder what the odds are that not one single player mentioned so far in 30 pages actually gets signed?
    If and it's still a big if Bowyer signs a new contract I fully expect Eaves to sign for Charlton along with a couple of others mentioned. 
    about Bowyer 'walking' .. this is possibly just wishful thinking, but I can't imagine him managing another club. Like Lord Llewellyn, he is Charlton management personified and no other club would fit his DNA or psychological make up. Bowyer might try managing elsewhere, it would not work out well.
    Sorry to mention the mob dahn the road, but neither can I imagine Neil Harris at any other club. Some people are just made for certain jobs and places. Bowyer is one of those
    Leeds
  • edited June 2019
    I wonder what the odds are that not one single player mentioned so far in 30 pages actually gets signed?
    I like your optimism. If we got Bowyer, J.J., Gallen back and somehow keep either Bauer or Aribo and then add Lameiras and Eaves, I would consider that an “A” for us. A new owner would make than an “A+.”
  • Redhenry said:
    We offered Patrick 5 a week. 
    Is that less than he was already on?
  • Redhenry said:
    Was this less than before? I thought he earned more than that before? Wasn't Texieria on £15k pw?
  • Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    Is that less than he was already on?
    He will almost certainly be offered in the region of 10k elsewhere. 
    about Bowyer 'walking' .. this is possibly just wishful thinking, but I can't imagine him managing another club. Like Lord Llewellyn, he is Charlton management personified and no other club would fit his DNA or psychological make up. Bowyer might try managing elsewhere, it would not work out well.
    Sorry to mention the mob dahn the road, but neither can I imagine Neil Harris at any other club. Some people are just made for certain jobs and places. Bowyer is one of those
    Leeds
    Few friends are Leeds fans. He’s not well liked at Leeds. After standing by him in the court trials, he then went off to Newcastle. Didn’t go down too well!
  • Sponsored links:

• No wonder no-one is going to sign if that’s the kind of money we’re offering. Pitiful.
    Leeds
    over Bielsa's dead body 
  • No wonder no-one is going to sign if that’s the kind of money we’re offering. Pitiful.
    Especially without Bowyer and Jackson signed up.
  • edited June 2019
    What’s a fair wage for Bauer in this division? £8000week? More?
  • edited June 2019
    What’s a fair wage for Bauer in this division? £8000week? More?
    not to be too pedantic, there is no such thing as a 'fair wage' .. the cliché states .. 'you don't earn what you are worth, you earn what you  can negotiate' .. I'd add .. the wage depends on what the employer can afford and/or is prepared to pay.

In the Champ there are clubs almost awash with cash from parachute payments.
    To CAFC, perhaps £10 K a week is the absolute max that they would or could be prepared to pay any player.  A recently relegated club might consider double that to be a starting point to keep a star player or offer to a potential signing. I am sure there are many Champ players earning a half million a year and more
  • If Bauer was a contracted Championship player he would be worth £1m+. So that is £20k pw+. If we signed him on a free, he could command that wage.
  • Jamie Ward is joining us next week.
    So I am informed. 
    a 33 year old injury prone midget .. no thanks
    Don't be sizeist.
  • I highly doubt we are offering players wages in ranges of 2.5/5k.

It is likely though that Bauer will have an offer of 750k to a million a year or somewhere thereabouts from other rival clubs. That's the problem. I've accepted he has gone tbh, same with Aribo now. It's Bowyer I have a bit of hope with still 
  • What’s a fair wage for Bauer in this division? £8000week? More?
    not to be too pedantic, there is no such thing as a 'fair wage' .. the cliché states .. 'you don't earn what you are worth, you earn what you  can negotiate' .. I'd add .. the wage depends on what the employer can afford and/or is prepared to pay.

In the Champ there are clubs almost awash with cash from parachute payments.
    To CAFC, perhaps £10 K a week is the absolute max that they would or could be prepared to pay any player.  A recently relegated club might consider double that to be a starting point to keep a star player or offer to a potential signing. I am sure there are many Champ players earning a half million a year and more
    Clubs with parachute payments with all due respect will be looking to sign the best players they possibly can not just hoover up a freebie just because they can. Eg would Bauer go to Huddersfield on 10k but be happy to sit on the bench every week? I'm not so sure, i'm sure there's plenty of interest in Bauer who might be able to pay a bit more than we're offering but would it be enough for Bauer to upsticks and move or might he stay on with us and if/when the takeover happens he can knock on the new owner's door for a new juicier contract if his form commands it. I'm very sceptical we're only offering Bauer 5k a week, this is a player RD has refused to sell during our 3 years in League One which is worth £260k a year yet i'm sure RD turned down higher bids last summer?
  • Banner headline in Blackburn edition of Lancashire Evening Telegraph today reads "Bauer boost for Rovers" They think its a "done deal" lets hope its like the cafc version of done deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Banner headline in Blackburn edition of Lancashire Evening Telegraph today reads "Bauer boost for Rovers" They think its a "done deal" lets hope its like the cafc version of done deals.
    They make Bauer sound like the coming of the Messiah.

Surely Mowbray wouldn’t sign players from “clubs like Charlton”

• golfaddick said:
    Not always to do with a weekly wage though is it. He'll get a decent signing on fee...
    Exactly , everyone wanking off about us getting free signings , do people really believe that agents/footballers don’t know they’re worth dough and won’t price it into their contract with either a signing on fee or bigger salary over time .

bauer will need to be paid accordingly cos The Helmet didn’t get him or others nailed down to longer contracts 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Makes perfect sense . Of course RD would spend £500k on a free. 
  • edited June 2019
    I highly doubt we are offering players wages in ranges of 2.5/5k.
    That means we are destined for League One. The AVERAGE wage in The Championship is £25,000/week (pic one). The median payroll in The Championship two years ago was £30 freaking million, which equates to about a mil per year per 23 players on the club, assuming the rest of the staff/academy players makes £7M, which is a stretch. This is not a good situation, new owner or no new owner.

That means we are destined for League One. The AVERAGE wage in The Championship is £25,000/week (pic one). The median payroll in The Championship two years ago was £30 freaking million, which equates to about a mil per year per 23 players on the club, assuming the rest of the staff/academy players makes £7M, which is a stretch. This is not a good situation, new owner or no new owner.
    I doubt any new owner would takeover and then limit themselves to only paying £2.5k to £5k on average in the Championship. There'd be no point, you'd never have a chance of promotion to the Prem.

I wouldn't think into it too much, I doubt it's true. 

We will no doubt be offering poor money compared to the likes of Fulham and Forest etc but it's highly unlikely the contracts being stumped up are worth 130k. At a guess it will be around the 400/500k mark. If it is lower than that then Bowyer certainly won't sign an extension

It is likely though that Bauer will have an offer of 750k to a million a year or somewhere thereabouts from other rival clubs. That's the problem. I've accepted he has gone tbh, same with Aribo now. It's Bowyer I have a bit of hope with still 
    Why do u highly doubt?
  • Redhenry said:
    I highly doubt we are offering players wages in ranges of 2.5/5k.

Why do u highly doubt?
    This is what we are offering. Similar budget to Rotherham.  I hoping we can secure some league 1 up and coming players