Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    If Bauer can get a mil per year from someone then he should grab it. Sure won't be us.
  • Aribo to Rangers £300K development fee for Charlton. (Rumour).
  • Aribo to Rangers £300K development fee for Charlton. (Rumour).
    Isn't it the case that we won't receive a development fee if he moves outside England?
  • Redhenry said:
    I highly doubt we are offering players wages in ranges of 2.5/5k.

It is likely though that Bauer will have an offer of 750k to a million a year or somewhere thereabouts from other rival clubs. That's the problem. I've accepted he has gone tbh, same with Aribo now. It's Bowyer I have a bit of hope with still 
    Why do u highly doubt?
    Because without being too harsh most of the things you post from what I've seen (don't mind being corrected) rarely come to fruition and the way you post any information you hear of is very cryptic and vague. I doubt we are offering such pitiful contracts because it would be a back to back relegation on the cards and Roland doesn't want that cause then he certainly won't get his money back.

Dreadful owner yes but he's still a business man and he knows it's bad business to go back down again. Unless he really does just hate this club and fans and wants that which again I doubt.
  • Gillis said:
    Aribo to Rangers £300K development fee for Charlton. (Rumour).
    Isn't it the case that we won't receive a development fee if he moves outside England?
    Gallen said we'd receive a lesser fee. So sounds about right if it happens.
  • A prime example on the Lee Bowyer thread. 

Something along the lines of 'pwr, Bowyer no closer to signing'.

That is so cryptic and click bait like. It's like you are saying something anyone on this forum could say to be asked further questions. No source, no reasoning as to why and very vague. 

It's like me just saying now 'I heard Bauer isn't getting any closer'. I just don't see the point unless you expand on why, each to their own though 
  • Gillis said:
    Redhenry said:

It is likely though that Bauer will have an offer of 750k to a million a year or somewhere thereabouts from other rival clubs. That's the problem. I've accepted he has gone tbh, same with Aribo now. It's Bowyer I have a bit of hope with still 
    Why do u highly doubt?
    Because without being too harsh most of the things you post from what I've seen (don't mind being corrected) rarely come to fruition and the way you post any information you hear of is very cryptic and vague. I doubt we are offering such pitiful contracts because it would be a back to back relegation on the cards and Roland doesn't want that cause then he certainly won't get his money back.

Dreadful owner yes but he's still a business man and he knows it's bad business to go back down again. Unless he really does just hate this club and fans and wants that which again I doubt.
    I don't think there are many on here with a track record that can rival @Redhenry when it comes to being right or breaking news first.
    Competition isn't exactly hard though is it? How often does anyone get anything solid on here. I remember that Athletico Addick bloke had people on strings for months on a summer transfer thread and then vanished when none of the things he said happened.

Can only go by what I've seen, just not a fan of posts that will always lead to further questions, no different from twitter accounts that post 'ex person says ???' with a click bait picture so you have to go on their site to find out.

That is so cryptic and click bait like. It's like you are saying something anyone on this forum could say to be asked further questions. No source, no reasoning as to why and very vague. 

It's like me just saying now 'I heard Bauer isn't getting any closer'. I just don't see the point unless you expand on why, each to their own though 
    Not really.

We’ve been told that there is now a negotiation going on. Redhenry was saying that the negotiation hasn’t moved anything forward. 

Big difference.

Not really.

We’ve been told that there is now a negotiation going on. Redhenry was saying that the negotiation hasn’t moved anything forward. 

Big difference.
    I am sorry I don't understand your post, big difference in reference to what? 

If you mean there is a big difference in a Twitter account posting a click bait link and someone writing a vague post on here there isn't (just swap site hits for likes) 

If you mean that RedHenry confirmed the talks hadn't done much as he said, the article confirming Bowyer should sign up next week was after he said the talks haven't progressed.

If you mean something else I am not following you 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Not sure what he was on. Heard we are only offering 2.5 to freebies
    I realise that this isn’t football manager but surely there will be a wage budget for the management team to spend as they deem fit? I’m assuming that bowyer could blow all his budget on one player or sign as many frees and loans that the budget allows rather than a salary cap being in place?
  • I don't know. I know for sure we have offered 2.5 a week to at least two player who are out of contract. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Just trying to throw some light on what's going on at the club. I'm not guessing it's what i am hearing from people who are closer to it than most of us. If a takeover doesn't go through, RD is offering players up to 2.5 a week, they managed get more for Bauer (5) because they wanted him to stay.
    I think the only chance we have is if Bowyer demands a bigger budget before he signs a new contract 
    Ok that's fair enough then. 

I still think it's bonkers losing Bauer, Aribo, Bowyer and JFC for free, makes the club lose at least 5 million in value and making it even harder to sell, if that's what you've heard though then that's what you have heard
  • Redhenry said:
    Not sure what he was on. Heard we are only offering 2.5 to freebies
    I realise that this isn’t football manager but surely there will be a wage budget for the management team to spend as they deem fit? I’m assuming that bowyer could blow all his budget on one player or sign as many frees and loans that the budget allows rather than a salary cap being in place?
    Steve Gallen has confirmed that he and Lee don't get the final say as Thomas Driesen still has to give the OK.

Of course, there will be a budget but Duchatelet has already told us it will be one of, if not the, lowest in the division.
  • If we offered £2500 to Aribo, Bauer, Williams or JFK, we should be ashamed of ourselves.
  • edited June 2019
    If we offered £2500 to Aribo, Bauer, Williams or JFK, we should be ashamed of ourselves.
    The 2.5 was to players at other clubs, we offered Bauer 5
  • Keep posting Redhenry , I for one appreciate any of your updates !
    Thanks @Horsfield9. I can understand that some fans don't want to hear negative news.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    To give a bit of context, Charlton’s experienced first-team players were getting £5k a week in 2013 - a few like Kermorgant were getting more.

Given that Sarr and Bauer both signed in 2015 and it’s fairly well known that Sarr was/is on more than £5k it’s unlikely Bauer would entertain that amount in the Championship.

I doubt if there are many experienced players in the Championship on £2.5k.

Charlton’s turnover is unlikely to go much beyond £15m in the Championship, including the uplift for tickets. We will need to run a significant operating loss to survive.
  • We are also running out of kids to promote. Morgan to be huge this year but little in U23s to look forward to. Need U18s like Bows, Lookman and Konch to come from nowhere.
  • Redhenry said:
    Just trying to throw some light on what's going on at the club. I'm not guessing it's what i am hearing from people who are closer to it than most of us. If a takeover doesn't go through, RD is offering players up to 2.5 a week, they managed get more for Bauer (5) because they wanted him to stay.
    I think the only chance we have is if Bowyer demands a bigger budget before he signs a new contract 
    So we're currently offering lower wages than Salford. Excellent.
  • Gillis said:
    Redhenry said:

Why do u highly doubt?

I don't think there are many on here with a track record that can rival @Redhenry when it comes to being right or breaking news first.
    Competition isn't exactly hard though is it? How often does anyone get anything solid on here. I remember that Athletico Addick bloke had people on strings for months on a summer transfer thread and then vanished when none of the things he said happened.

Can only go by what I've seen, just not a fan of posts that will always lead to further questions, no different from twitter accounts that post 'ex person says ???' with a click bait picture so you have to go on their site to find out.
    Here’s one for you then. 
    Williams was on hols in Marbs last week
    Wants to sign for us and would take a
    small pay cut - but this is still too high for us. 
    Picked up a knock at Gills and played in pain for the rest of the season. 
    Shame we prob can’t afford him. 
  • Redhenry said:

Why do u highly doubt?

You must have me muddled up with somebody else
  • To give a bit of context, Charlton’s experienced first-team players were getting £5k a week in 2013 - a few like Kermorgant were getting more.

Given that Sarr and Bauer both signed in 2015 and it’s fairly well known that Sarr was/is on more than £5k it’s unlikely Bauer would entertain that amount in the Championship.

I doubt if there are many experienced players in the Championship on £2.5k.

Charlton’s turnover is unlikely to go much beyond £15m in the Championship, including the uplift for tickets. We will need to run a significant operating loss to survive.
    That would have been the 4th lowest turnover in the Championship in 2017-18. Since most clubs lose significant money down here and many the max, new owners will still have an enormous uphill climb just to be mid-table over the long term. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Why do u highly doubt?

You must have me muddled up with somebody else
    There is no mix up on my end. Like I said I can't remember one thing you said that has come to life unless it's already been well established or whispered around before. Your posts are cryptic most of the time. I'm not digging you out, I'm challenging your posts/intel, that's what this forum is for, discussions.  

• Looks like Curtis Nelson set to sign for Cardiff, all over social media. One of the players I thought could replace Bauer. Shame
  • Looks like Curtis Nelson set to sign for Cardiff, all over social media. One of the players I thought could replace Bauer. Shame
    At the stage we are at with the manager and ownership I would have thought we'd not be bringing in any new players.

Things will probably all kick off towards the end of the month, assuming the manger situation has been sorted.

What a f****** mess.
    When we are offering League One wages to players, this is what happens. Word gets around quickly and players will be told not to consider Charlton because you can get paid much more elsewhere.