Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Vardy, Ings, Bolasie, Collymore, Gayle, Holt (just off the top google result that actually matches my search)

Edit 1. Added Vardy Ings and Bolasie
    Edit 2. Updated description of where the extras were found 
    Edit 3. Added edits confirmation
    Edit 4. TBC

• Not going to reply to everyone who has quoted me cause it's a transfer rumour thread and I've gone way too off topic as it is.

Basically it's a forum for discussion, all I'm doing is questioning how valid his sources are. That's that 

you didn't,
  • Done a little search on him, was linked with Tranmere, Sunderland and Forest before. According to O's fans he seems to be their talisman, 20+ in the past two seasons. 

Be awkward if he signs for us based on his quotes above. He did say after something along the lines of 'unless something happens' but still, this is why footballers shouldn't give it the old loyalty stuff. 

• Bonne has a 200k buyout clause in his contract apparently.
  • Done a little search on him, was linked with Tranmere, Sunderland and Forest before. According to O's fans he seems to be their talisman, 20+ in the past two seasons. 

Be awkward if he signs for us based on his quotes above. He did say after something along the lines of 'unless something happens' but still, this is why footballers shouldn't give it the old loyalty stuff. 

Would possibly show why we shouldn't read too much in Dalman's comments the other day. He said similar - "this moment in time".
  • Someone on Facebook linking us with Lawrence Shankland of Ayr

50 goals in the last two seasons is decent regardless of level. Shows he’s ready to step up but is the championship too far? Who knows.

scored some dent goals though tbf. Poacher, long range, headers. Got some potential 
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    £300k for Aribo. Fucking joke.
    It wouldn't be going back into the club so who actually cares apart from Roland
    Me.

Money in football needs to filter down if we are to retain a vibrant viable league system. Big clubs have got to pay sensible fees and decent compensation for youth players.

Clubs like Rangers should be ashamed of themselves.
    Blame RD for letting his contract run out. Also not giving him a long one in the first place. He really shot himself in the foot with that. 
  • edited June 2019
    Swisdom said:
    Someone on Facebook linking us with Lawrence Shankland of Ayr

50 goals in the last two seasons is decent regardless of level. Shows he’s ready to step up but is the championship too far? Who knows.

scored some dent goals though tbf. Poacher, long range, headers. Got some potential 
    Was going to ask where but found the post, apparently in the local papers in Bromley. Anyone else seen it?

Edit: In January his manager said he had 15 clubs after him. He's out of contract this summer - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3784379/ian-mccall-lawrence-shankland-ayr-united-interest/
  • Shankland is on the radar of Hearts, Celtic, Sunderland and a handful of championship clubs. If we are offering league 1 wages we won't get him 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shankland is on the radar of Hearts, Celtic, Sunderland and a handful of championship clubs. If we are offering league 1 wages we won't get him 
    Us offering first team football might come into it though.

@LouisMend had been told about Bonne yesterday:

• I had heard that we beem looking at an unkown Zimbabwean kid; but this one loan from Leicester:-

Deal agreed just waiting on timing 

Admiral Muskwe
  • The other thing is and I stand by this is that Lyle Taylor is a fantastic player to learn from. He can do it all and he's a top professional. It's no coincidence that Grant properly found his shooting boots partnered up with Lyle, we saw shades of old Vetokele and Naby had his best season with us all after Lyle turned up. If this lad has anything about him he will flourish partnered up top with him.

It's a chain, Bowyers winning mentality rubs off on the more senior players and then it pushes down to the youth. It's why I'm feeling pretty deflated that we aren't sounding like we are gonna kick on from promotion when it wouldn't cost much. Rat.
  • Macauley Bonne is the kind of striker I could see flourishing alongside Lyle. Definitely mentor and apprentice material.

• Interesting little twitter thread haha, Zimbabwe fans certainly don't seem to like him. Apparently he hasn't played a game for them since 2014 and now they have qualified for AFCON he suddenly submitted his papers. Accusing him of using the national side for a big club move with eyes on AFCON 
  • edited June 2019
    Lose Aribo for £300k and get Bonne for £200K? Sounds like Roland promised our new head coach Tom Driesen that he could spend any money the club received in the transfer market this window.
  • edited June 2019
    CH4RLTON said:
    I had heard that we beem looking at an unkown Zimbabwean kid; but this one loan from Leicester:-

Admiral Muskwe
    Admiral Muskwe and Curtis Nelson? There seems to be a nautical theme here! We're not Portsmouth!
  • Scoham said:
    £300k development fee for Aribo? Our idiot owner is failing on every front.
          Mad if true. Not the fee but the club. Like Grant he is just chasing the shekel. Wont help his career  - League 1 is better than playing in the Scottish Premiership.
    Isn’t the reason most change jobs better pay? Of course you’d say no if Sainsbury’s offered to treble your salary but you had to work on the checkout.
         Yes, I probably would say no. I'd be bored out of my skull sitting on a till all day scanning produce after produce....money isn't everything. 

Who can honestly say they watch Scottish football. They have live games on Sky, but apart from the Old firm derby nobody really gives a f**k. Aribo's stock will falter & in 2-3 years time when he finally realises this his next move won't be to the Premier League. 

Most decent players want to leave Scottish football, not join it, especially when you are in your early 20's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If true, interesting that it is a 4 year deal? 
  • edited June 2019
    C'mon, this can't be real. Roland has not even signed Bowyer or JJ or Gallen, who heads our recruitment, and we are losing all players out of contract over wages, but I am to believe we have recruited and Roland is gonna spend £200k for someone that until today we have never heard of and we are now scrambling to watch YouTube videos of? And that all this is happening while Bowyer is off fishing, without a contract? Really? :D
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I had heard that we beem looking at an unkown Zimbabwean kid; but this one loan from Leicester:-

Admiral Muskwe
    Admiral Muskwe and Curtis Nelson? There seems to be a nautical theme here! We're not Portsmouth!
    Something a bit fishy about all this if you ask me!
  • Pleased we are signing someone. Still quite nervous about LB contract and other transfer targets. 
  • I know the world carries on etc but I really do feel for Orient here. Losing their manager so tragically a couple of weeks ago, who by all accounts was a rock for his players. You’d think he would have had a big part to play in the players decision had he still been here.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Vardy, Ings, Bolasie, Collymore, Gayle, Holt (just off the top google result that actually matches my search)

Edit 1. Added Vardy Ings and Bolasie
    Edit 2. Updated description of where the extras were found 
    Edit 3. Added edits confirmation
    Edit 4. TBC

Arguably add Lee Gregory for that if we are talking about the Championship
  • edited June 2019
    Orient fans do not seem phased. Here is what they say about it on their largest message board. Which makes me nervous. This guy is from the National League? He has not even proven himself in League One and we are paying a fee to have him jump a few divisions? All the while we can't seem to find the money to pay the players who got us here? Or our manager? Given it seems the fans feel he universally dropped-off the second half of the season and also claims they have other players they wish to hang on more than Bonne... all that combined... count me out of being happy to see this transfer with so many other fish to fry, first. This seems outright bizarre. Given this is happening while Bowyer is out fishing, I am wondering if this odd transfer is a sign he is not going to be with us in two weeks.

• Least we got Lyle Taylor’s replacement in before we sell him. Normally sell them first.then can’t find a replacement.I got a bad feeling about this season. 😀😀😀
  •  My take on this is that Aribo is going somewhere and we are pretty much spending most of the money on Bonne. An appeasement if you will 

I also take it that Bowyer has signed up now

Complete guesses but that’s what I think and maybe a busy week ahead