Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Orient fans do not seem phased. Here is what they say about it on their largest message board. Which makes me nervous. This guy is from the National League? He has not even proven himself in League One and we are paying a fee to have him jump a few divisions? All the while we can't seem to find the money to pay the players who got us here? Or our manager? Given it seems the fans feel he universally dropped-off the second half of the season and also claims they have other players they wish to hang on more than Bonne... all that combined... count me out of being happy to see this transfer with so many other fish to fry, first. This seems outright bizarre. Given this is happening while Bowyer is out fishing, I am wondering if this odd transfer is a sign he is not going to be with us in two weeks.

Got to be careful with these though. Some can be sour grapes etc. I would still say the majority of the fans I've read have praised him and he looks promising in the highlights. Looks very quick which is what a lot of people wanted on here. Just need to sign that big lump Eaves now ideally 
  • I'd take his signing as a very good sign re: LB, SG, JJ etc
  • Bowyer and Gallen will have a list of targets, how many we sign is a different matter.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I had heard that we beem looking at an unkown Zimbabwean kid; but this one loan from Leicester:-

Deal agreed just waiting on timing 

Admiral Muskwe
    Wikipedia shows he is out of contract. He may of course have signed an extension and Wikipedia is just out of date.

Add Eaves and that’s our four.

Leaves a lot on Taylor’s shoulders.
  • Hopefully could be a busy week this week with a few signings. 
  • Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I had heard that we beem looking at an unkown Zimbabwean kid; but this one loan from Leicester:-

Admiral Muskwe
    Wikipedia shows he is out of contract. He may of course have signed an extension and Wikipedia is just out of date.

Taylor, Bonne, Eaves and who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Admiral Muskwe

Akpo Sodje
  • Gallen's track record is excellent so I'm happy with this if he rates the player.

I'd be worried if he was to go straight into the starting 11, and I doubt the player expects to anyway but as a squad player it's a relatively cheap punt

It's the sort of deal which doesn't really rely on Bowyer (or Gallen staying) any local player would leap at the chance of moving from L2 to the Championship, whoever the manager was
  • Redrobo said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Admiral Muskwe

Admiral Muskwe
  • Gallen's track record is excellent so I'm happy with this if he rates the player.

I'd be worried if he was to go straight into the starting 11, and I doubt the player expects to anyway but as a squad player it's a relatively cheap punt

It's the sort of deal which doesn't really rely on Bowyer (or Gallen staying) any local player would leap at the chance of moving from L2 to the Championship, whoever the manager was
    He's been playing in the National League not L2 so it's a massive leap - could be another Stewart Fleetwood.
  • Orient fans do not seem phased. Here is what they say about it on their largest message board. Which makes me nervous. This guy is from the National League? He has not even proven himself in League One and we are paying a fee to have him jump a few divisions? All the while we can't seem to find the money to pay the players who got us here? Or our manager? Given it seems the fans feel he universally dropped-off the second half of the season and also claims they have other players they wish to hang on more than Bonne... all that combined... count me out of being happy to see this transfer with so many other fish to fry, first. This seems outright bizarre. Given this is happening while Bowyer is out fishing, I am wondering if this odd transfer is a sign he is not going to be with us in two weeks.

Look like the sort of comments written on here about KAG when he left and Huddersfield fans love him.

He's been playing in the National League not L2 so it's a massive leap - could be another Stewart Fleetwood.
    I meant that he's in L2 now (with Orient) so for next season it's a leap of 2 divisions

I meant that he's in L2 now (with Orient) so for next season it's a leap of 2 divisions
    I knew what you meant but I was just making the point his biggest success had been at National League level - it's a big leap from there to the Championship. Hopefully he proves okay.
  • cfgs said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Sounds like that ship has sailed.

I'm getting that sinking feeling
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
     My take on this is that Aribo is going somewhere and we are pretty much spending most of the money on Bonne. An appeasement if you will 

I also take it that Bowyer has signed up now

Complete guesses but that’s what I think and maybe a busy week ahead

Joe was training down at David Lloyd’s this morning. Told him I loved him and didn’t want him to leave. In fact, I was begging him as I held on to his leg whilst he tried to get away. Asked him if he was leaving and he said he hadn’t made up his mind yet but was keeping his options open. I suspect he was just being diplomatic 
  • _MrDick said:
    Swisdom said:
     My take on this is that Aribo is going somewhere and we are pretty much spending most of the money on Bonne. An appeasement if you will 

Joe was training down at David Lloyd’s this morning. Told him I loved him and didn’t want him to leave. In fact, I was begging him as I held on to his leg whilst he tried to get away. Asked him if he was leaving and he said he hadn’t made up his mind yet but was keeping his options open. I suspect he was just being diplomatic 
    He called the police apparently about a stalker...
  • Our third player from Orient in a year i think?  Big step up for the lad. 
  • Perhaps Admiral was a crossed wire when someone said "Zimbabwean striker" - it was actually Bonne
  • _MrDick said:
    Swisdom said:

The police advised him to go as far away as possible, say Glasgow
  • _MrDick said:
    Swisdom said:

The police advised him to go as far away as possible, say Glasgow
    He won’t get to Glasgow with a broken leg #JustSaying