Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Duchatelet would rather save £200k pa on Bowyer's wages than keep a good manager.

If he goes he just gets someone else in who's cheap. 

Cutting costs is all he cares about.

Blame will be with Bowyer for being greedy and disloyal, the EFL for FFP, potential buyers for not submitting paperwork and the ex-directors for not agreeing to take 25p in the £.

A slightly negative comment on CL from months ago will be dragged up to "prove" Bowyer left because the fans hated him.

And some fans will lap that up and tell us to get behind the new boss, buy season tickets and whatever you do don't protest.
    Yup 
  • Scoham said:
    £300k development fee for Aribo? Our idiot owner is failing on every front.
          Mad if true. Not the fee but the club. Like Grant he is just chasing the shekel. Wont help his career  - League 1 is better than playing in the Scottish Premiership.
  • Lots of rumour on the Rangers end re: Aribo today.

300k development fee is because he’d be moving out of country. More likely in the £2-3m range if he moved within country which I suspect has taken some clubs out of the running.

Rangers would be getting an absolute steal at that price. Thanks Roland...
  • 300k development fee is because he’d be moving out of country.

Rangers would be getting an absolute steal at that price. Thanks Roland...
    The way Roland sees it, is allows him to cover losses for one more week of the year.
  • edited June 2019
    Surely have to go down with RD in charge - he doesn't care if we stay up.
    His losses would be less in L1 due to lower wages. He knows that and it’s all he cares about. He is not an owner, but a parasite.
    This isn’t necessarily true. It obviously depends how much you spend in the Championship, but running the same operating loss as L1 would give Bowyer a chance to stay up because of the central income and increased ticket revenue. 

Try to use that money to break even in the Championship and you will go down and lose the central income and ticket revenue again, opening the operating loss back up. Plus the value of the club falls in L1. It’s lose-lose for RD.
  • I know this is a scary thought, but given we know now he has no intention or re-signing our top players and is offering £2500/week to possible League One transfers.... are we just ignoring the possibility he might actually go one step further and sell Taylor and maybe even Phillips? I know that means last place in 2019/20 but perhaps Roland’s attitude is... if we are going down anyway, why not cash out... everything? I don’t put this past him and something tells me we are not considering he could do even worse things than he currently is doing.
    I think if Bow doesn't stay and Roland gives us no chance Taylor will be looking to leave anyway.
  • Scoham said:
          Mad if true. Not the fee but the club. Like Grant he is just chasing the shekel. Wont help his career  - League 1 is better than playing in the Scottish Premiership.
    I tend to agree. He could do a lot better. 
  • £300k for Aribo. Fucking joke.
  • Redrobo said:
    £300k for Aribo. Fucking joke.
    It wouldn't be going back into the club so who actually cares apart from Roland
  • edited June 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Exactly, it might as well be 3p.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Me.

Money in football needs to filter down if we are to retain a vibrant viable league system. Big clubs have got to pay sensible fees and decent compensation for youth players.

Clubs like Rangers should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Scoham said:
    Isn’t the reason most change jobs better pay? Of course you’d say no if Sainsbury’s offered to treble your salary but you had to work on the checkout.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Me.

Money in football needs to filter down if we are to retain a vibrant viable league system. Big clubs have got to pay sensible fees and decent compensation for youth players.

Clubs like Rangers should be ashamed of themselves.
    Should we be ashamed at picking up an out of contract Lyle Taylor for nothing, previously at little AFC Wimbledon ?
    Ok, he wasn't 22, but it's a similar principle.
    Good point it's dog eat dog and really that is why its good have a savvy owner who offers players contracts in advance to make sure , we never get this position in the first place 🤷‍♂️
  • Hope so, sounds too clever for Roland to get a player on the cheap
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    I highly doubt we are offering players wages in ranges of 2.5/5k.

It is likely though that Bauer will have an offer of 750k to a million a year or somewhere thereabouts from other rival clubs. That's the problem. I've accepted he has gone tbh, same with Aribo now. It's Bowyer I have a bit of hope with still 
    Why do u highly doubt?
    Because without being too harsh most of the things you post from what I've seen (don't mind being corrected) rarely come to fruition and the way you post any information you hear of is very cryptic and vague. I doubt we are offering such pitiful contracts because it would be a back to back relegation on the cards and Roland doesn't want that cause then he certainly won't get his money back.

Dreadful owner yes but he's still a business man and he knows it's bad business to go back down again. Unless he really does just hate this club and fans and wants that which again I doubt.
    You must have me muddled up with somebody else
    There is no mix up on my end. Like I said I can't remember one thing you said that has come to life unless it's already been well established or whispered around before. Your posts are cryptic most of the time. I'm not digging you out, I'm challenging your posts/intel, that's what this forum is for, discussions.  

I think u are digging me out. You accuse without evidence!
    Well I'm not. The way I see it is if I was out drinking with a load of Charlton fans and you were there and said what you had said here I would question it like I have and that would be it. Haven't got a magnifying glass looking at your posts. I've seen you post a few times and it always seems vague and not to the point and I've challenged it. 

I am also not blaming the middle man here, I do think you have been told wrong. We will see in the coming month but if what you have heard is true, we will quite literally have a non league/league2 side just with quality players like Naby, Taylor, Phillips etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bonne looks really good in those videos.
    I'll be ashamed if we take him from Orient for £200K :wink:
  • Not going to reply to everyone who has quoted me cause it's a transfer rumour thread and I've gone way too off topic as it is.

Basically it's a forum for discussion, all I'm doing is questioning how valid his sources are. That's that 
  • Could be what we're missing. The kind of player that could support and compete with Lyle..
  • edited June 2019
    Big step up for the lad though ? 
  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with snapping players up on a free. If we didn't have a rubbish owner it wouldn't happen to us. I don't begrudge any club doing it to us cause it's exactly what I want us to do this window. 
  • Bonne looks really good in those videos.
    Right now on Orient Life someone is calling him a snake 🐍 and another is saying he’s ruining his career as he won’t play regularly in the Championship 😉
  • Big st big step up for the lad though ? 

Bonne looks really good in those videos.
    Gallen talked about signing three strikers, so if that happens (I have doubts if Roland's still here) he'd be one of four competing for a place. You'd think at least one of the other two would be a more experienced player.
  • Big step up for the lad though ? 
    Not one that players haven't made before.
  • Quick search of Google suggests TalkSport were the first to link him with us back in May.

https://talksport.com/football/545994/transfer-news-premier-league-championship-leyton-orient-macauley-bonne-salah-afcon/