Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Gallen's track record is excellent so I'm happy with this if he rates the player.

I'd be worried if he was to go straight into the starting 11, and I doubt the player expects to anyway but as a squad player it's a relatively cheap punt

It's the sort of deal which doesn't really rely on Bowyer (or Gallen staying) any local player would leap at the chance of moving from L2 to the Championship, whoever the manager was
    Fraeye?

Seriously, if Bowyer doesn't sign up, who's going to be the manager?  We only got Bowyer by complete chance - he was here already so wouldn't cost much if anything in extra salary to move from coach to manager which is Twoshits business model to a T.

No one decent will take the job.  We might get lucky and unearth another unknown gem like Bowyer but the odds are stacked heavily against it, so we'll most likely end up with someone useless who just wants a job knowing they'll be sacked within six months and get a six month paid holiday.
  • cfgs said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Sounds like that ship has sailed.
    I think it didn't even come in to the harbour (or harbor, @NapaAddick).
  • cfgs said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Sounds like that ship has sailed.
    I think it didn't even come in to the harbour (or harbor, @NapaAddick).
    Over qualified to be club captain 👨‍✈️ 
  • https://twitter.com/MBonne9

His twitter bio if you are sad like me and want to follow him already. 
  • Gallen's track record is excellent so I'm happy with this if he rates the player.

I'd be worried if he was to go straight into the starting 11, and I doubt the player expects to anyway but as a squad player it's a relatively cheap punt

It's the sort of deal which doesn't really rely on Bowyer (or Gallen staying) any local player would leap at the chance of moving from L2 to the Championship, whoever the manager was
    Fraeye?

Seriously, if Bowyer doesn't sign up, who's going to be the manager?  We only got Bowyer by complete chance - he was here already so wouldn't cost much if anything in extra salary to move from coach to manager which is Twoshits business model to a T.

No one decent will take the job.  We might get lucky and unearth another unknown gem like Bowyer but the odds are stacked heavily against it, so we'll most likely end up with someone useless who just wants a job knowing they'll be sacked within six months and get a six month paid holiday.
    Maybe we'll get the bloke who yells prick at 9yo girls
  • Bolton expecting takeover news today and Bolton mate says Sunday pub rumours were Otzumer and Alnwick to us.
  • Bolton expecting takeover news today and Bolton mate says Sunday pub rumours were Otzumer and Alnwick to us.
    Cawley ruled out Alnwick last week. 
    But what did Driesen say?
  • Sponsored links:

• leefender said:

I think that's a fake account, surely not even Acworth would use 'which' there.

Mate says still live and Parkinson going too.

Mate says still live and Parkinson going too.
    I would be happy with him. 
  • £300k in for Aribo. £200k spent on Bonne. Wages for Bonne £1500 per week ? Sounds to me the sort of punt a Championship club ought to be making although I don’t think we ought to expect too much too soon from the lad. 

• Ackworth checks who scored in the conference and conference south each week and “recommends” them. So not surprised this one just so happens to be one of those names he drew from a hat
  • This signing for the Orient lad, mentions 4 year deal, is RD behind this deal, or perhaps new owners, not sure 4 year deal is the kind of deal that RD hands out, straw clutching really.

• edited June 2019
    'Done deal' according to Talksport, who then clearly crib Cawley's story
    https://talksport.com/football/559458/transfer-news-charlton-leyton-orient-macauley-bonne/
  • edited June 2019
    RedJohn said:
    This signing for the Orient lad, mentions 4 year deal, is RD behind this deal, or perhaps new owners, not sure 4 year deal is the kind of deal that RD hands out, straw clutching really.

Seems to fit what LB said on Roland though only spending on young players he can profit on, might have learned his lesson(Aribo) and thinks a cheap 4 year deal is worth it.
  • Four years is a very long contract though in this day and age. If he turns out to be a dud and I’m not suggesting he will then you can be stuck with a player who is just a drain on resources. I would have thought 2 years would have been more realistic. I’m confident that the coaching staff would be able to establish if he’s got what it takes within a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 year deal is safe i think, the lad will likely come in on an average league 1 wage.   Even if he flops, teams lower down the pyramid will take a punt on him with his goal scoring record at national league. 
  • Considering we will only be paying average league one wages for everyone then a four year deal seems quite a gamble to me.
  • edited June 2019
    luke1 said:
    4 year deal is safe i think, the lad will likely come in on an average league 1 wage.   Even if he flops, teams lower down the pyramid will take a punt on him with his goal scoring record at national league. 
    I imagine he'll be well down our payscale as even average L1 wages will be a big step up from what Orient paid him
  • A four year deal in 2/2.5k a week sounds like a steal if he's mustard though, plus makes him more valuable when we sell him in 18 months time
  • Lose Aribo for £300k and get Bonne for £200K? Sounds like Roland promised our new head coach Tom Driesen that he could spend any money the club received in the transfer market this window.
    Oh yes, it's definitely that simple.
  • four years sounds excessive to me although I doubt his wages will be much in the grand scheme of things
  • Do players receive signing fees?
  • Sage said:
    Bow said that we could spend a little bit of money in the transfer window so long as it was someone young who could develop and had a resale value, maybe if it is a four year deal, that would be why, to try to maximise the resale value.

However, I find it incredibly strange for us to sign a player, and for that player to agree to join us now when everything else hasn't been sorted out. It's an odd one but I guess all will be sorted and revealed soon, not for any reason other than it has to be.
    We signed Ajose before Slade joined us. (Can I be the first to say that worked out well).