Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    There is a point where reality strikes though. Charlie Austin has just moved for 4M. League 1 last season is proof Taylor is worth more than Toney. Although I rate Toney if this doesn't unsettle him at a Peterborough enough to make him push them to accept a reasonable offer then really this ends one way. Taylor at Brentford & no one of note at Charlton 
  • Peterborough owner on twitter:
     Darragh MacAnthony
    Serious Statement of intent by my partners @JasonDavidNeale & @rstposh turning £4 million down for a @theposhofficial player on deadline day. Hope our fans happy with that & showing we are serious like never before for a great season. Barry has gone for a lie down in shock

• Sorry but £4m for Toney isnt a joke

They effectively want the same amount for a Striker who scored 16-goals in a team that didnt get promoted as what we want for Taylor!!
    To misuse the house analogy bollox ..... it's like what estate agent's call 'potential'.

• darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
  • Floebot said:
    Kayal is definitely in the building. 
    If this is true I’ll honour you with a place on my ITK list. 
  • I hate transfer deadline day
    I hate Brentford
  • Peterborough owner on twitter:
     Darragh MacAnthony
    Serious Statement of intent by my partners @JasonDavidNeale & @rstposh turning £4 million down for a @theposhofficial player on deadline day. Hope our fans happy with that & showing we are serious like never before for a great season. Barry has gone for a lie down in shock

Barry is shocked that Charlton are bidding 4m, not that it’s been turned down!
  • edited August 2019
    Peterborough owner on twitter:
     Darragh MacAnthony

this changes things completely. clearly something has gone wrong between Taylor and the club and is forcing the move. we are desperate to find a replacement but are struggling to do so, that 4 million would be the money we would be getting from the taylor sale. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but £4m for Toney isnt a joke

They effectively want the same amount for a Striker who scored 16-goals in a team that didnt get promoted as what we want for Taylor!!
    Sounds fanciful to me but maybe we're using this as a bargaining chip for Brentford.

We should be asking Brentford for £12m for Lyle anyway.
  • darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    it is. confirmed by Darragh MacAnthony
  • £4 Million.  That is just so bloody ridiculous, I can not believe anybody would put that up.  Having not signed anybody for 3 years for a fee. We then bid that for a leauge one striker. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Probably Brentford. They are getting desperate.
    No way is that from us . 
    Confirmed as us by Darragh.
  • Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    Perm or Loan signing?
  • One hour . Tic toc 
  • Question:

How much is the extra rumours as a result of us being at a higher level and so deemed just about newsworthy by the tabloid and how much just that we are doing/trying to do more business?
  • Sponsored links:

• Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    If one or both of these is true then you're definitely on the ITK list. These would be amazing transfers if they occurred. No idea how this is within budget, though.
  • It's all gone a bit mental and very un-charltonlike. 
  • £4 Million.  That is just so bloody ridiculous, I can not believe anybody would put that up.  Having not signed anybody for 3 years for a fee. We then bid that for a leauge one striker. 
    Presumably the idea was that Taylor could go if we managed to get the replacement 
  • If we're bidding 4 mill for Toney, then Taylor is off.
  • Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    Perm or Loan signing?
    No clue
  • edited August 2019
    Sorry but £4m for Toney isnt a joke

Toney is 23 and on a long term contract as opposed to Taylor 29 and in his last year.
  • Roland said we tried to replace him without any luck.......
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    If one or both of these is true then you're definitely on the ITK list. These would be amazing transfers if they occurred. No idea how this is within budget, though.
    Perhaps neither are in Potters plans and he's happy to let them go play football somewhere else for the time being.
  • The Peterborough stuff feels like their chairman knows Roland is such an arse he wouldn't deny it, so it plays well to their fans.
    I think Toney is decent enough but no way a 4mil player.
  • Laddick01 said:
    darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Confirmed as us by Darragh.
    He never said which club had made the £4m bid.I'm sure other clubs are interested in him