Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Lyle had a dig at Roland so Roland’s making him stay he likes upsetting people our Roland. Give him pat on back now but not to gently 
  • Floebot said:
    Floebot said:
    Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    Perm or Loan signing?
    No clue
    Hearing Hemed is a perm. I think they both have the same agent. 
    Kayal & Hemed both represented by Stellar Football Ltd. 
  • Sounds to me that we might have agreed a price for Lyle but only on the condition we get the replacement we want agreed as well. If that’s not the case I can’t see any way that we are bidding £4 million without having earned it first. 
    I'd go more with the £4m bid for Toney being a completely made up load of BS, LT still get sold down the frog and RD gives it "Well huh, I tried to spend £4m, but huh it was turned down huh" money goes missing...
  • edited August 2019
    So I'm catching up, but just seen this from Cawley. Cash up front, Brentford can't be far off landing Taylor. :(

That said, every player has a price. And if you can get into the 4+m for a 30 year old in the last year of his deal...

The problem is:
    1) he's obviously quite good
    2) He is a very popular figure around the club
    3) There is no time to get a replacement in

If this was happening at the end of July, I'd say "well it's a lot for a player without Champo experience, even if I think he'll do well in the Championship." But now it seems silly. 

• Surely we have to get the replacement before we sell the player - otherwise we might as well not have bothered getting promotion. We don't have the strikers to replace Taylor. The best bet is probably to improve Taylor's contract. And Brentford can Fcuk off. Would love to see them relegated.
  • What about medicals though? Surely clubs have to get them done before a deal goes through (that's one reason suggested why Brentford deal for the French guy fell through). How can you get a bid accepted in the next 53 mins with a medical all clear to go with it? 
    see my post on Page 315
    Got it, thanks Large, good to know.

So that would also be the window for a medical, then. Doable, unfortunately, re Taylor and Brentford, but surely not for someone from Peterborough on which we are splashing unheard of money. 

Telling myself that that is a wheel and deal too far for us, with Douchebag holding the money
  • More exciting than Saturday's match thread today.
  • Zaha refusing to train with his team mates today after handing in transfer request yesterday.

Palace have picked up just six points from the fifteen games he’s missed since January 2017.

This normally goes in the non-Charlton rumours thread but thought it might brighten up some people’s day!
    I know I hate Palace, but this is not right in football. If you are under contract you have to respect that.
    Fixed  :D
  • 21cws said:

Kayai?
    That looks like one of those police vids
  • Countdown: 40 minutes until the window slams shut.

Where's Lyle right now?

• Sponsored links:

• Is that Lyle Taylor standing by his car so he can jump into and head to Brentford the moment the lad sitting on his phone sign the e-Contract?
  • Why has Cawley suddenly gone quiet? This is our busiest deadline day ever 
    Things are moving so quick I doubt he’s even getting much at this stage
  • Fuck me.... This is intense 
  • 21cws said:

Kayai?
    Is he in a cab office?
    Either that or massage parlour
  • 40 minutes to go ... so slow today 
  • Here's a thought for Roland, how about investing that 4 million into a new contract. 
    He's on the phone. He can't multi-task.

• Sponsored links:

• The problem is it’s fine throwing about the 4mill but we can’t get players who are worth four million to accept the wages we’re offering
  • edited August 2019
    You can buy a lot of rubbish with £4m. Rather keep Taylor.

(not that for a second do I think we've put in any bids over £10).
  • I like Taylor, think he has been brilliant with us and no one can deny that he has improved since being here and really do hope he stays. 

However, if he wants out then let him go. He is pretty influential and if he doesnt want to stay then it could change the dynamic of the group.

• I think my F5 button is broken. :neutral:

• Everyone is ultimately replaceable. And I'd trust Bowyer and Gallen to be able to do it, just not with 40 minutes notice...
  • Tell Brentford and Taylor we will sell if we bring in a replacement in time, put a couple of moody bids in for players you know won't go and keep your best striker.

Job done.
  • You can buy a lot of rubbish with £4m. Rather keep Taylor.

(not that for a second do I think we've put in any bids over £10).
    If Bowyer and Gallen are happy to bid that I’d take their opinion over yours. No offence.