Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I’m absolutely convinced that if we land Toney Taylor is gone.

that is obvious, no way we'd sign Toney and keep Taylor
  • You can buy a lot of rubbish with £4m. Rather keep Taylor.

(not that for a second do I think we've put in any bids over £10).
    If Bowyer and Gallen are happy to bid that I’d take their opinion over yours. No offence.
    Especially since Bowyer said a few months back he will be selling players that don't sign a contract
  • This feels like maybe a deal has been agreed for taylor but it wont be announced til the end to try and let us get some players in to counter the negativity. If we wanted to keep taylore and he didnt wanna go then surely we would be using money to keep him. Or the money logically has to be from his sale...
  • It takes so many factors to get a transfer over the line, I’ve a feeling Lyle fancies a move as his contract is shite, but for once we are being cautious, I think they’ll run out of time but this will rear it’s head again January.
  • You can buy a lot of rubbish with £4m. Rather keep Taylor.

(not that for a second do I think we've put in any bids over £10).
    If Bowyer and Gallen are happy to bid that I’d take their opinion over yours. No offence.
    Maybe it's Thomas Dreisen bidding on behalf of an anonymous purchaser?
  • So we have not actually signed a new striker, irrespective of Kyle leaving we will be one injury away from a forward free team.
  • edited August 2019
    It takes so many factors to get a transfer over the line, I’ve a feeling Lyle fancies a move as his contract is shite, but for once we are being cautious, I think they’ll run out of time but this will rear it’s head again January.
    by that time the aussies will own us and Lyle will see a nice new contract. Maybe not. 
  • This is gonna be Danny Murphy all over again,one minute before window shuts
  • Southbank said:
    So we have not actually signed a new striker, irrespective of Kyle leaving we will be one injury away from a forward free team.
    Jonathan Leko on loan is a striker. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been told Brentford have offered Lyle 15K a week - 10K more than we offered him . I think he’s going .
    Means nothing if they don’t meet our valuation.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Just been told Brentford have offered Lyle 15K a week - 10K more than we offered him . I think he’s going .
    Hopefully 
  • Just been told Brentford have offered Lyle 15K a week - 10K more than we offered him . I think he’s going .
    Am I missing something here. If they’ve offered personal terms, they must have agreed a fee with the selling club? 
  • edited August 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Just been told Brentford have offered Lyle 15K a week - 10K more than we offered him . I think he’s going .
    Are you even allowed to discuss wages with a player if the club haven't accepted a bid???
  • edited August 2019
    Pretty sure there’d be a lot more noise from the Brentford end if something was happening.

Same as I heard, first off they offered double what he's getting, then triple
  • edited August 2019
    Southbank said:
    So we have not actually signed a new striker, irrespective of Kyle leaving we will be one injury away from a forward free team.
    Who has never scored a goal  nor has Bonne in the football league.
    Quick, somebody cause a signal failure at Waterloo!

andyg90 said:
    Am I missing something here. If they’ve offered personal terms, they must have agreed a fee with the selling club? 
    Laddick01 said:
    Are you even allowed to discuss wages with a player if the club haven't accepted a bid???
    Officially not as that is tapping up, but most deals involve a bit of sounding out these days.
    Legally they cant
  • Sponsored links:

• At 15k a week you can't blame him. But we can't allow our season to be derailed and Taylor would just have to knuckle down if we don't sell him. 
  • 31 minutes
  • Sounding more and more like Toney is meant to be the Lyle replacement. Can’t see where else we’d get the money.

Nice to not let a player go before we bring in the replacement though.
    Sounding more and more like Toney is meant to be the Lyle replacement. Can’t see where else we’d get the money.

Nice to not let a player go before we bring in the replacement though.
    Taylor must really want to go if that's the case,because surely the Toney money would offset the wage demand the Taylors wage increase deserves even up till the Jan transfer window,when we could see where we are at...
  • Laddick01 said:
    His agent will have been told what sort of wage they are offering. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Clubs always talk to the agent first. What's the point in offering a fee for a player if they turn around and say no thanks? Would be a waste of time. 
    The deal with Brentford for Ghoddos fell through at the last minute as he wanted £40k a week.
  • Southbank said:
    He has spent most of his career out wide, we will try and make him into a fast striker instead.
  • cabbles said:
    31 minutes
    Unless a deal has been agreed and registered but not finalised, then it is 7pm deadline
  • seen Toney play a few times .. very effective in L1, not so in the Champ .. he'd be a gamble as sometimes he tends to lose heart if closely marked and knocked about .. still has a lot of potential
  • Addickted said:
    The deal with Brentford for Ghoddos fell through at the last minute as he wanted £40k a week.
    I'd be happy with £40k a year!