Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sorry but £4m for Toney isnt a joke

They effectively want the same amount for a Striker who scored 16-goals in a team that didnt get promoted as what we want for Taylor!!
    Toney is 23 and on a long term contract as opposed to Taylor 29 and in his last year.

By the way i'm sure the 4m bid was from Middlesbrough as they were in for him earlier this week, can't believe it'd be from us.
    it is. confirmed by Darragh MacAnthony the Peterborough owner/chairman
  • Peterborough owner on twitter:
     Darragh MacAnthony
    Serious Statement of intent by my partners @JasonDavidNeale & @rstposh turning £4 million down for a @theposhofficial player on deadline day. Hope our fans happy with that & showing we are serious like never before for a great season. Barry has gone for a lie down in shock

I expect that Barry Fry has gone to lie down in order to make up another ridiculous rumour.

MacAnthony doesn’t name the player. It could be Maddison, not that anyone’s going to pay £4 million for him (or Toney), even in this ridiculously inflated market.
  • If we're bidding 4 mill for Toney, then Taylor is off.
    Or will the Brentford Manager be the one talking on twitter saying they tried to bring in a Striker yet couldnt because the other team couldn't get a replacement
  • If we are bidding over £1million Roland has left the building
  • Taylor is

a real Charlton legend which he proved by staying loyal to the club who will be class at this level/a dirty snake who left us for the money and wasn't that good anyway, league 1 is his limit*

*delete as applicable at 5.01
    Theres not one Charlton supporter who should not wish this fella well if he does go. Yes it would be gutting but I'd assume the salary offer would be double and at nearly 30 got to take them opportunities.
    He, in my opinion was the reason we managed to sustain a promotion challenge and pick up points by tracking back in games to make a last ditch tackles(something out strikers have rarely done)  not to mention the goals and creating a bond between the players and fans.
    I'd be gutted if he does go but for anyone to give the fella grief if he does is ridiculous. 
    Fingers crossed as I think we could well be on the way to another special season if he does stay. 

• Why don't Brentford bid for Toney instead of Lyle. That way everyone is happy!
    Apart from Posh fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Contrived by both clubs to appease both sets of supporters
  • Laddick01 said:
    darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Confirmed as us by Darragh.
    He never said which club had made the £4m bid.I'm sure other clubs are interested in him
    A few Charlton fans commented the first time we bid actual money and its turned down he said sorry but you'll have a good season.
    or something like that
  • If we're bidding 4 mill for Toney, then Taylor is off.
    Why don't Brentford bid for Toney?

They could keep upping their offer until Posh can't refuse.
    Taylor then stays at cafc.

wibble
  • 60 minutes of torture left.

• 60 minutes of torture left.

56mins actually
  • Callum....CALLUM, errr, please start a thread with all the player vids we have signed or are linked with.
    ta very much...all the scrolling and searching is too damn tough.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Was us.
    Does that confirm it was us? Just seems like a stock response.
  • Peterborough owner on twitter:
     Darragh MacAnthony
    Serious Statement of intent by my partners @JasonDavidNeale & @rstposh turning £4 million down for a @theposhofficial player on deadline day. Hope our fans happy with that & showing we are serious like never before for a great season. Barry has gone for a lie down in shock

this changes things completely. clearly something has gone wrong between Taylor and the club and is forcing the move. we are desperate to find a replacement but are struggling to do so, that 4 million would be the money we would be getting from the taylor sale. 
    Have you ever heard the latin phrase "non sequitor"
  • Laddick01 said:
    Was us.
    Where does that say it’s us ?
  • Where is the Kayal/Hemed info from originally?
  • Sponsored links:

• Contrived by both clubs to appease both sets of supporters
    Quite possibly. For us to offer £4mill just doesn't make any sense, it goes against everything RD has done previously. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Was us.
    Where does that say it’s us ?
    Well I cant see him apologising to a Charlton fan for nothing
  • For reference the account @ValleyFloydFred is a Charlton fan.

Darragh replies sorry to him for rejecting the Toney bid.
  • 1 more mil and we could break our transfer record . Weird 
  • Absolutely nothing in it whatsoever but had a random text from my brother saying he’s heard we could be in for Grigg? It’s a rumour and far fetched. 
  • edited August 2019
    Floebot said:
    Floebot said:
    Floebot said:
    Hemed en route. 
    Perm or Loan signing?
    No clue
    Hearing Hemed is a perm. I think they both have the same agent. 
    Hemed is 32 now. It will be a 1 year deal at best.
  • Taylor cannot move until we have a viable replacement. End of story.
    oh don't worry he can, this is Roland's Charlton we are talking about here
  • Feels to me that if we get Big replacements in Lyle goes. We fail - he stays.

Hemed and Toney for Taylor?

with the state of mind he is in - I would have taken that
  • James86 said:
    Absolutely nothing in it whatsoever but had a random text from my brother saying he’s heard we could be in for Grigg? It’s a rumour and far fetched. 
    No thanks 
  • James86 said:
    Absolutely nothing in it whatsoever but had a random text from my brother saying he’s heard we could be in for Grigg? It’s a rumour and far fetched. 
    Twitter. Fake rumour account. Not happening.