Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Give it a rest.
  • Feels to me that if we get Big replacements in Lyle goes. We fail - he stays.

Hemed and Toney for Taylor?

with the state of mind he is in - I would have taken that
    If not then Hemed and Taylor could be a good partnership this season
  • What about medicals though? Surely clubs have to get them done before a deal goes through (that's one reason suggested why Brentford deal for the French guy fell through). How can you get a bid accepted in the next 53 mins with a medical all clear to go with it? 
  • The bid that Darragh could be saying sorry for could be the £3M from yesterday.

And no point has he said Charlton offered £4M
  • Talal said:
    Contrived by both clubs to appease both sets of supporters
    Quite possibly. For us to offer £4mill just doesn't make any sense, it goes against everything RD has done previously. 
    Everything Roland has always done has been to break even and get everyone to work within their budgets. If Bowyer/Gallen can do it within his budget then maybe it would have the chairman’s blessing.

That could be giving Roland far too much common sense than he’s entitled to.
  • Feels to me that if we get Big replacements in Lyle goes. We fail - he stays.

If not then Hemed and Taylor could be a good partnership this season
    If Hemed comes in AND Taylor stays.

i will get a tatt..... actually fuck that 
  • edited August 2019
    Feels to me that if we get Big replacements in Lyle goes. We fail - he stays.

Or he goes and we don’t replace him but RD says we tried  . That the more likely scenario.
  • What about medicals though? Surely clubs have to get them done before a deal goes through (that's one reason suggested why Brentford deal for the French guy fell through). How can you get a bid accepted in the next 53 mins with a medical all clear to go with it? 
    can you submit a deal sheet that is subject to medical? I dont know jsut asking. 
    Quick cough and drop is all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Toney's verified on Twitter, Lyle isn't. Based on that, he must be a better footballer. Sell Lyle, buy Toney. Easy peasy, win the league by January.
    This is how Driesen does 80% of his scouting

• Talal said:
    Contrived by both clubs to appease both sets of supporters
    Quite possibly. For us to offer £4mill just doesn't make any sense, it goes against everything RD has done previously. 
    If that's the case and there money swilling around, offer Taylor an improved contract with it
  • I agree with @Macronate something fishy going on here. To having no money to the possibility of spending £4m. It don’t add up at all. 
    I've read thats the risk clubs take with signing players so late in the day
    Don’t you have to get the paperwork in by 5 and then you have 2 hours or something to get it done ?
  • IF we get a bid of over £5m and have a decent player lined up to replace him, I could see Taylor going. 30 years old and at the peak of his value with 1 year remaining. 

Walked out on his last club at the end of his contract so that must be weighing on Bowyer's mind. 
    see my post on Page 315
  • edited August 2019
    The bid that Darragh could be saying sorry for could be the £3M from yesterday.

This exchange all happened after Darragh’s first comments.

i don’t know whether I believe the 4m thing to be true, but it is definitely us he’s talking about.
  • Laddick01 said:
    The bid that Darragh could be saying sorry for could be the £3M from yesterday.

This exchange all happened after Darragh’s first comments.

i don’t know whether I believe the 4m thing to be true, but it is definitely us he’s talking about.
    It could be half of that but 4mil with add ons .
  • edited August 2019
    Any bid for a striker is with Taylor money.

Rumbles that we have acccepted 4.5m and he's off.

I am now 30/70 he's staying
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds to me that we might have agreed a price for Lyle but only on the condition we get the replacement we want agreed as well. If that’s not the case I can’t see any way that we are bidding £4 million without having earned it first. 
  • edited August 2019
    James86 said:
    I agree with @Macronate something fishy going on here. To having no money to the possibility of spending £4m. It don’t add up at all. 
    Depends how much we've rejected from Brentford

If they've offered £6m (which we've rejected to try and get a £4m replacement in first) then Roland would still get a very nice £2m from the deal

All depends on the percentage that Bowyer and Gallen are allowed to have from deals, if Brentford's bids go up then I imagine our offers can go up too

Could well be further from the truth but its the only plausible explanation I can think of as this signing would be a record under Roland surely?
  • Laddick01 said:
    darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Confirmed as us by Darragh.
    He never said which club had made the £4m bid.I'm sure other clubs are interested in him
    Middlesbrough were in for him earlier in the week and a 4m bid from them would seem far more likely
  • As much as we love Lyle Taylor, Brentford are not paying 4+ million for a 30 year old bloke who has never played at championship level. 
  • Addickted said:
    darragh the peterborough chairman has confirmed they have rejected a bid for 4 million from a club which is obviously us. 
    No way is that from us . 
    Give it a rest.
    You've waited all day for that, haven't you  :)
  • As much as we love Lyle Taylor, Brentford are not paying 4+ million for a 30 year old bloke who has never played at championship level. 
    Well he has played at Championship level... :)
  • Someone on Facebook just posted a photo of Kayal at Sparrows Lane. 
  • edited August 2019
    Well he has played at Championship level... :)
    100% goals to games ratio too