Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I really hope the Hemed deal goes through, just got a feeling that he will do really well for us. Also by the sounds of things would be a massive boost for Kayal 
  • Charlie Mulgrew just signed for Blackburn  "The Latics say the English Football League were satisfied the paperwork for the 33-year-old Scotland defender was submitted before Thursday's deadline."  Lets hope for a similar story on Hemed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49290793
    Just signed for Wigan, he was already @ Blackburn
  • Be curious to see the team that Bowyer puts out on Tuesday, should be nicer for those who like a cup run this season

Baring injuries we should be able to get to the FA Cup third round at the very least!!

Wonder if it'll be something like the below against Forest Green:

Amos
    Wiredu | Oshilaja | Sarr | Purrington
    Gallagher | Field | Kayal
    Aneke
    Bonne | Hemed
    We automatically make the third round of the FA Cup, success before even kicking the ball!

The team for Tuesday won’t be too far off that side you have mentioned either, very strong.
  • All in all a  very exciting day that finished well for us,only time will tell if our signings are a success,but I have every faith in our management team.While I do not expect a promotion challenge,I am sure we will be ok,I would be over the moon if some of these big spenders dropped a massive bollock and  did not go up.I would love to see,like last year,unfancied clubs take the two top spots,and let teams like Derby stay in the Championship paying Rooney 80k a week.The money some of these clubs have spent stinks of desperation to get to the promised land,I am certain that in the near future we are going to get more clubs in financial trouble.Once the season gets going and the big spenders start getting beaten,the fur will start flying,managers will go,and hopefully,some unfancied clubs that have quietly and efficiently gone about their business will take advantage.Rant over for the day,off to a relaxing game of golf to recover after yesterday.
    We have the rare advantage in this league, in that we are one of few not expected to perform.

Pressure will get to some clubs very quickly I'd imagine. If Stoke lose their second game to us on Saturday I'm sure pressure would start piling even that early on...
    Too right.

The mental pressure on individuals in a team carrying demand-inflated price tags out of all proportion to their abilities relative to a journeyman, must be immense, particularly if they start losing battles with teenage novice journeyman with much to prove.  They have no excuses and no place to hide if one or two waver in confidence and the whole morale of the squad can suffer if high expectations are not being met. 
  • It's a help that for the first time in THREE season we don't have a loan goalkeeper!
    It's long than that we used loans to cover injuries, I think we have had a loan keeper in 5 of the last 6 season, actually I think it's 8 out of the last 10.
  • se9addick said:
    Is the Hamed deal dead or can it still be completed today?
    Seems to be in the balance waiting for the league approval 
    I think it’s The FA mate.....not The EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hemed or no Hemed, that is the question.
  • With our FA don't trust them. We lose every appeal when it comes to red cards. Yet Shearer has one reacinded. Pat Van de Hauwe. All he got was a warning? The FA have a rule book against us so don't expect Hemed to be signed. FA will find a way. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Bowyer confirms we will be looking to bring in a right back on a free. He didn't want to use a loan slot up on a right back. 
    Solly a bit part this season.
    Honestly not that surprising - not to devalue the many years of outstanding service he's given. As good as he's been and for as long as he's stuck around I don't think he is really going to be first choice in the system that Bowyer favours. He'll always do a job and 100% his professionalism and experience are worth keeping around but not as first choice right back.
  • Still don't see the issue as he's out of contract.
  • Addickted said:
    Still don't see the issue as he's out of contract.
    IF he's out of contract. He signed an extension so his Brighton deal runs out in 2020 and none of us know if they agreed to terminate it yesterday
  • Rudders22 said:
    With our FA don't trust them. We lose every appeal when it comes to red cards. Yet Shearer has one reacinded. Pat Van de Hauwe. All he got was a warning? The FA have a rule book against us so don't expect Hemed to be signed. FA will find a way. 

They will probably deem it frivolous & not allow Kayal to play for us out of spite.
  • Leuth said:
    If Taylor gets injured and Hemed fails to sign, we have Aneke, Leko and Bonne, which probably isn't enough. Might need to find a free agent (Harriott would almost do?) or, as I often suggest, convert Naby into his final form
    If the money is there to sign Hemed but it falls through then i'm sure we'd look to see if there are any free agent strikers available 
  • Leuth said:
    If Taylor gets injured and Hemed fails to sign, we have Aneke, Leko and Bonne, which probably isn't enough. Might need to find a free agent (Harriott would almost do?) or, as I often suggest, convert Naby into his final form
    If the money is there to sign Hemed but it falls through then i'm sure we'd look to see if there are any free agent strikers available 
    but we missed out on Andy Carroll :neutral:
  • edited August 2019
    Exciting day yesterday but still a lot hanging on getting a good right back, and, even more, so Hemed. Lose Lyle to injury or suspension and we’ll have two very raw players as cover in Leko and Bonne. Neither of which offer Taylor’s hold up and link play. Without Hemed, we look very thin up top. Even Chuks is not exactly proven at this level and not an out and out line leader like Taylor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    but we missed out on Andy Carroll :neutral:
    Who would be available? 
  • It's s shame we are overloaded with midfielders, as I see Solly's future there. Had a couple of decent cameos and possesses a football brain.  Remember a previous RB converted to MF? Brighton connection.
    Glad this isn’t going to happen, awful suggestion. 
  • It's s shame we are overloaded with midfielders, as I see Solly's future there. Had a couple of decent cameos and possesses a football brain.  Remember a previous RB converted to MF? Brighton connection.
    He played as a holding midfielder before and was shocking.  He is a Right Back. If he can’t get in the team in that position, he doesn’t play.
    Agreed.  It’s clear that LB, who most of us seems to have absolute faith in, doesn’t think Solly can do a full season; it was probably evident that Dijksteel was going to go and yet he still played him against Blackburn. 
  • Lol Solly as a midfielder? What next, shall we play him in goal? His lack of pace won't be shown up there at least! 
  • sam3110 said:
    Lol Solly as a midfielder? What next, shall we play him in goal? His lack of pace won't be shown up there at least! 
    Good to see all the negative comments about Solly - set up nicely to be this season's scapegoat. 
  • He can’t play in goal, he’s only 5’3