Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sounds like we missed out on Hemed. 
  • Think we missed out on Hemed
  • Sounds like we did miss out on Hemed
  • edited August 2019
    I see people are still trying to understand the mind of RD;  good luck with that.

When Johann Borg Gudmundsson signed his improved contract at Cafc his wages went from 7 to 14k a week. That was in the Champ before the relegation.

The paradox is Duchatelet is all about the money But will do unlikely things and do u-turns, Nobby Vinegar not becoming manager after a verbal agreement with RD and Lee Bowyer's contract spring to mind after he slagged off Bowyer's agent hours before !

I hope the truth comes out (unlikely) but players are pawns in the game despite Bosman.  Lyle Taylor ignore the juvenile tosspots, and do what you do best. 
  • Still possible - fingers crossed!
  • WHAddick said:
    Greenie said:
    Wow what a day yesterday.
    Keeping Lyle was key for me and I guess many others. I really thought he was going, so I am pleased that we managed to keep him, he must have been given an improved offer.
    I have to confess I don’t know much about some of the players brought in, but many on here and BowGalJacko say they are cracking players, so that’s good enough for me, to top it all Ive even got a freebie ticket for Saturday, so can’t wait.
    What I dont understand is that we put in a bid of 4m for Toney, now I assume this was a contingency in case Lyle left, however The Rat usually trousers all the money for sold players so are supposed to believe that Ratty has done a 180 with is way of running de cloob (which I don’t believe) OR, and this is my theory, do we have a new owner waiting in the wings who has made transfer budget money available as part of a takeover?
    Something is going on because The Rat does not work this way, don’t get me wrong it’s pleasing but it’s not Ratties MO!
    COYRssssssssss
    I was thinking similarly but surely someone ITK would have heard if a new owner was imminent...wouldnt they?
    I said something similar last night on here. It may just be very wishful thinking, but yesterday was so out of character for RD and something doesn't feel right! Lots of speculation about the motives, but unless he has had a complete change of personality and business plans I think behind the scenes something has happened.  
  • I see people are still trying to understand the mind of RD;  good luck with that.

When Johann Borg Gudmundsson signed his improved contract at Cafc his wages went from 7 to 14k a week. That was in the Champ before the relegation.

The paradox is Duchatelet is all about the money But will do unlikely things and do u-turns, Nobby Vinegar not becoming manager after a verbal agreement with RD and Lee Bowyer's contract spring to mind after he slagged off Bowyer's agent hours before !

I hope the truth comes out (unlikely) but players are pawns in the game despite Bosman.  Lyle Taylor ignore the juvenile tosspots, and do what you do best. 
    Not sure that’s entirely true, surely two contrasting eras?
  • I wonder if all of this will effect Taylor. Interesting to see if he starts Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So we are looking at right backs in the free agents, we're hopeful Hemed is going to go through too, wonder if the contract supposedly offered to Harriott has been taken away?
  • Bowyer confirms we will be looking to bring in a right back on a free. He didn't want to use a loan slot up on a right back. 
  • Scoham said:
    What I believe has happened here (as I posted yesterday) is Brighton originally offered us both Kayal and Hemed as loans. 
     As we only had one loan position available we were able to take Kayal on. Brighton then agreed to cancel Hemed's contract to allow him to sign perm for us as a free agent and I would suspect that the EFL are looking into the legality of such a move before we are given the green light to proceed with his signature.
     My mate from Brighton believes that they did everything right from their end.
  • Scoham said:
    What I believe has happened here (as I posted yesterday) is Brighton originally offered us both Kayal and Hemed as loans. 
     As we only had one loan position available we were able to take Kayal on. Brighton then agreed to cancel Hemed's contract to allow him to sign perm for us as a free agent and I would suspect that the EFL are looking into the legality of such a move before we are given the green light to proceed with his signature.
    Annoying for us......but potentially disastrous for the player if this is what has happened and the EFL don’t like it. 
  • sam3110 said:
    So we are looking at right backs in the free agents, we're hopeful Hemed is going to go through too, wonder if the contract supposedly offered to Harriott has been taken away?
    If there isn’t very much left in the kitty I would much rather use it on Hemed and a new RB than in Harriett. He’s a luxury we could do without, the others will be more necessary. 
  • To cafcnick Brentford put us all through the wringer over taylor even up to the last minute,I am being a bit catty really but that was agony.I know they spent but did they not miss their striker target.
    I think the Taylor situation will rear it's ugly head again in January.
  • Davo55 said:
    sam3110 said:
    So we are looking at right backs in the free agents, we're hopeful Hemed is going to go through too, wonder if the contract supposedly offered to Harriott has been taken away?
    If there isn’t very much left in the kitty I would much rather use it on Hemed and a new RB than in Harriett. He’s a luxury we could do without, the others will be more necessary. 
    Not sure I’d describe Harriott as a luxury!
  • Scoham said:
    If that is the case can't we sign him at any time if he is a free agent?

genuine question Ihave no idea.

In the EFL we trust lol

• Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    With the players we signed yesterday I doubt Harriott would make the bench.
    Can't see us signing him now.
    If Hemed falls through, we might end up signing Harriott as an extra "striker". Not his natural position, but he'd be better than nothing until January
  • All depends on what time papers were submitted to the EFL, if Brighton sent in a termination of his contract at 4.30pm but we sent in a notice of intent to sign him on a free transfer at 4.28pm, does that paperwork become null and void as he was still a Brighton player when they received our offer? 

Could be simpler than that but whatever it is I hope they can see what the intent was and go through with it
  • Scoham said:
    If that is the case can't we sign him at any time if he is a free agent?

genuine question Ihave no idea.

In the EFL we trust lol

There may be more than what I have mentioned. May be timing of papers lodged etc. I'm not sure, but it isn't straightforward obviously.
  • Ferryman said:
    To cafcnick Brentford put us all through the wringer over taylor even up to the last minute,I am being a bit catty really but that was agony.I know they spent but did they not miss their striker target.
    I think the Taylor situation will rear it's ugly head again in January.
    We’ve got a few months to sort a contract with him. The other side of the coin is he might not even cut it in the Championship (although I am confident he will). If we get to January and he only has 5 goals, then I doubt there will be much demand for him. 
  • Just a footnote.

When Jim White and the Sky Sports crew went off air last night at 11pm? 

The last loan transfer to be listed on the right of the screen was our Kayal.
  • sam3110 said:
    All depends on what time papers were submitted to the EFL, if Brighton sent in a termination of his contract at 4.30pm but we sent in a notice of intent to sign him on a free transfer at 4.28pm, does that paperwork become null and void as he was still a Brighton player when they received our offer? 

Could be simpler than that but whatever it is I hope they can see what the intent was and go through with it
    In that case, Hemed would be a free agent, released before the transfer window closed.

And we can sign free agents at any time.

• Oggy Red said:
    sam3110 said:
    All depends on what time papers were submitted to the EFL, if Brighton sent in a termination of his contract at 4.30pm but we sent in a notice of intent to sign him on a free transfer at 4.28pm, does that paperwork become null and void as he was still a Brighton player when they received our offer? 

In that case, Hemed would be a free agent, released before the transfer window closed.

And we can sign free agents at any time.

I was using it as an example of if the paperwork was submitted the wrong way around and that's what the hold up was, I know he'll be able to sign at any time if they terminated his contract, which is why I suspect it's something different to that
  • Mrkinski said:
    This is so uncharlton its unbelievable. 
    Yep. Coming soon:

- Our game is the first to finish on Saturday, which is bloody convenient seeing as we are 1-0 up and under pressure

- We break a club record of matches with no changes to the starting lineup after an unprecedented run of avoiding injuries to our first choice team 

- Roland gives everyone a Terry’s chocolate orange and a £10 WHSmith voucher under their seat at Christmas after being visited by the ghost of Christmas past who makes him realise he needs to change his ways
    More likely to get a Woolworths voucher from Mr Yellow-tooth.
    Still have stores in Germany. Maybe free flights for a trip to Octoberfest. He really has changed 😃
  • It would be amazing if Gallen and Bowyer get's Hemed in similar to how they got Williams last season.  He can play up front on his own, and he'll allow Taylor to pull out wide where he's one of our most effective options when a game is disjointed.