Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Also been told that after training LB said he was gutted and that atm there are no incomings 
    Pathetic trolling 
    Worthy of a ban surely. Just don't know why anyone does it.
  • I assume the programme this Saturday will include the handbook. A fair number of last minute additions will be needed!
  • Is this suddenly the deepest Charlton squad we've ever had?
  • CafcSCP said:
    Wonder if the Hemed deal is permanent 
    I’ve got a feeling the hold up was linked to something along the lines of Brighton releasing him so he can join us on a free... as an out of contract player the deadline wouldn’t count 
    If we signed Hemed on a permanent transfer ...... then, as an Israeli and non-EU national, he would need a new work permit?

• Redhenry said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Redhenry said:
    For what it's worth, been told they should both go through
    Heard anything on the right back RH? I know you said earlier that it wasn’t happening...
    Nothing, was told earlier not a priority coz we had three that can play there. The In comings definitely cost more than the Anfernee money. Gallen and Bow must have got more cash from RD. 

I don't believe that. 

Let's say with Dijksteel's money we had about 10k a week left in the budget, the 2mil from Dijksteel would make another 40k. I don't believe we are contributing anymore than 50k for these. 
  • Fairly certain Hemed is on loan too. Not ideal but worth the gamble. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    If you can't access the website because it's crashed, here's the OS article:

DONE DEAL | Charlton sign Beram Kayal on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

8th August 2019 22:00pm
    IMG_7932JPG

Charlton have completed the deadline day signing of Beram Kayal on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion.

The Israel international becomes the Addicks' third signing of the day following the arrivals of Sam Field and Jonathan Leko.

The 31-year-old midfielder has 42 caps for his country and has made 37 Premier League appearances over the last two seasons. 

IMG_7937JPG

Charlton's latest arrival said: “I felt welcome from the very first minute in the club. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to come in and play football regularly. I just want to say thanks to everyone here, for me it is a great move. 

“We play football to win games. I promise to do everything to bring my experience, to bring my quality, to help my teammates to win games and to give happiness to the fans.”

IMG_7948JPG

Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer explained he was delighted to add another quality player in midfield: “He’s a massive signing. He’s an exceptional midfielder, as you can imagine, me being a midfielder, I’m excited. I’ve been watching him for a while just thinking ‘I don’t think we’ll be able to get him’ because of his qualities, because of his experience, but thankfully we’ve managed to get him through the door. He’s going to bring so much to us and he’s a winner.”

Kayal began his career at Maccabi Haifa before joining Celtic in 2010. He made the move to Brighton in 2015 where he has played 118 league games.

Join 10,000 season ticket holders at The Valley this season. Season ticket prices start at just £299, which equates to only £13 per game. Click here to purchase.

Share this News

FTE
    Back to News
    Bowyer has a look of Chief Brody in these pics. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    I’ve got a feeling the hold up was linked to something along the lines of Brighton releasing him so he can join us on a free... as an out of contract player the deadline wouldn’t count 
    I was thinking the same. If he was released, I believe we can sign him tomorrow (any day) as he's out of contract. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    CafcSCP said:
    If we signed Hemed on a permanent transfer ...... then, as an Israeli and non-EU national, he would need a new work permit?

Do we still think he’s possible? Surely window has closed now?
  • Oggy Red said:
    If you can't access the website because it's crashed, here's the OS article:

DONE DEAL | Charlton sign Beram Kayal on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion

8th August 2019 22:00pm
    IMG_7932JPG

Charlton have completed the deadline day signing of Beram Kayal on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion.

The Israel international becomes the Addicks' third signing of the day following the arrivals of Sam Field and Jonathan Leko.

The 31-year-old midfielder has 42 caps for his country and has made 37 Premier League appearances over the last two seasons. 

IMG_7937JPG

Charlton's latest arrival said: “I felt welcome from the very first minute in the club. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to come in and play football regularly. I just want to say thanks to everyone here, for me it is a great move. 

“We play football to win games. I promise to do everything to bring my experience, to bring my quality, to help my teammates to win games and to give happiness to the fans.”

IMG_7948JPG

Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer explained he was delighted to add another quality player in midfield: “He’s a massive signing. He’s an exceptional midfielder, as you can imagine, me being a midfielder, I’m excited. I’ve been watching him for a while just thinking ‘I don’t think we’ll be able to get him’ because of his qualities, because of his experience, but thankfully we’ve managed to get him through the door. He’s going to bring so much to us and he’s a winner.”

Kayal began his career at Maccabi Haifa before joining Celtic in 2010. He made the move to Brighton in 2015 where he has played 118 league games.

Join 10,000 season ticket holders at The Valley this season. Season ticket prices start at just £299, which equates to only £13 per game. Click here to purchase.

Share this News

FTE
    Back to News
    Bowyer has a look of Chief Brody in these pics. 

We’re definitely going to need a bigger team bus.
  • Fairly certain Hemed is on loan too. Not ideal but worth the gamble. 
    Actually, if I'm honest need to backtrack on this one. Absolutely no idea what deal this is or even if it has gone through. Fairly sure the club don't know yet and are expecting to hear first thing. 

I guess the positive is that we could offer a contract to Harriott if not. Or alternatively we have plenty of midfielders and Aneke could play up top. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    CafcSCP said:

Do we still think he’s possible? Surely window has closed now?
    If it's a work permit thing ..... the registration paperwork no doubt already completed at EFL, pending the renewal of his work permit.

If he's had his contract cancelled/paid up at Brighton before 5pm today, he's a free agent .... and, after renewal of work permit, able to sign permanently after the deadline.

Just my thoughts, not ITK.

• edited August 2019
    What are we going to do about Right-back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Okay, I’ve just picked up my rose tinted specs for a moment, saw some crazy stuff and so I thought I’d share. Bare with me...

If we announce Hemed tomorrow morning, AND sign a right back and Harriott before the end of the month... it will allow us to send out Wirdeu, Lapslie, Morgan, and even Bonne to League One sides, possibly a League Two side in there as well. 

I would only loan them until January, see how they’re developing and if we’re happy, bring them back and have them involved within the squad.

Now I know some people might think why would we loan out Bonne? Well, he’s clearly a long term project that Bowyer feels isn’t good enough for the Championship as things stand. As much as training and learning under Bowyer is going to develop him, the young lad needs games, he needs matches at a higher standard than National League and U23s to really put that development to good use. If he were to theoretically go to a League One side, score a handful of goals, we would have a player come back to us in January with more confidence, more experience, and with the belief he could step up and help us if needed. The signing of Harriott would allow that to happen as it would free up another dynamic in the squad.

Those 4 potentially going out and learning the game in men’s football, week in, week out, and coming back to us could be far better for their development than training with the first team but never playing much.

Might sound crazy, but it actually does have some logic to it.
    It's not crazy, it's definitely sensible and reasonable. I think Lapslie and Morgan will now be allowed to leave on loan. Personally I don't think we will loan out Bonne, he's here to prove his worth. I think we will sign Hemed and if not, Harriott. 

Hopefully Bowyer doesn't let Wiredu go until we have another FB in. 
  • What are we going to do about Right-back?
    I think Thompson is a real possibility. 
  • How would we feel if Taylor actually wanted to go?
    That interview was done Wednesday night and the early morning call would have been today (Thursday)
  • Sage, I'm just gutted we didn't sign Connor Gough and Nadir Ciftci.
    Roger McGough would have been a good signing 

• JamesSeed said:
    kafka said:
    Didn't think I would ever say this

But if we get them done, well bloody done everyone, including Roland(that feels weird to say) 😅👀
    Outside chance that new owners were behind all this? Roly not taking £4m and paying prem wages for Brighton players seems somewhat out of character 
    It’ll be interesting to see how it shakes down, but couldn't see Roland significantly increasing his budget over the window - but 13 coming in was a surprise.
    Were one of the Israelis actually bought, or are they both loans? Who’s paying what percentage of their wages?

Clearly Bowyer and Gallen struck a deal with Roland to sell Dijksteel to fund signings, but the economics will be interesting when and if they’re known. I’m sure @Airman Brown will be on the case. 

From something I heard from the Aussies I didn’t think he’d dare sell Taylor, and certainly not without a quality replacement.

I just hope Roland isn’t thinking of hanging around now the running costs have been lowered. Perhaps he thinks we might go on a run so he can put the price up again? Perhaps he’s even dreaming of the Premier League 😩
    Of course he still needs to go but credit where it's due, he's helped deliver today. 

The first half of the window had us all in panic. We lost Aribo, Cullen, Bielik and Bauer. Can add Dijksteel in too. But we have now adequately replaced most of those. Roland is unpredictable and not good for the long term future of this club but considering where we were a couple of weeks ago, we should all be delighted. Whatever he has invested today is a positive. Considering his wealth and money from the likes of Lookman, he hasn't reinvested (or at least not recently or wisely before that) and yes we still have a squad full of freebies and loanees, but we look half decent now. He gave Bowyer the contract and Bowyer has proved to have the tools for survival at least. 

I think it was Forever Addicted who said to remain calm and see where we were after deadline day. I thought that was nonsense but they were proved right. Optimism has reached an unprecedented level under him!
  • I think the AD sale enabled us to go for better quality loan signings , good business by Bowyer and Gallen
  • Sage said:

Now I know some people might think why would we loan out Bonne? Well, he’s clearly a long term project that Bowyer feels isn’t good enough for the Championship as things stand. As much as training and learning under Bowyer is going to develop him, the young lad needs games, he needs matches at a higher standard than National League and U23s to really put that development to good use. If he were to theoretically go to a League One side, score a handful of goals, we would have a player come back to us in January with more confidence, more experience, and with the belief he could step up and help us if needed. 

Interestingly Bonne, as a teenager has already scored a number of League goals for Colchester, when they were in League One.

Bonne has also scored against Charlton in a competitive match:

"Bonne scored his first Colchester goal since his Lincoln loan on 8 November with the equalising goal in the U's 1–1 draw with Charlton Athletic in the EFL Trophy. He also converted a penalty during the penalty shoot-out, which Colchester won 4–3."

He might currently be judged as not ready for the Championship, but he's already made plenty of League One appearances for Colchester.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Now I know some people might think why would we loan out Bonne? Well, he’s clearly a long term project that Bowyer feels isn’t good enough for the Championship as things stand. As much as training and learning under Bowyer is going to develop him, the young lad needs games, he needs matches at a higher standard than National League and U23s to really put that development to good use. If he were to theoretically go to a League One side, score a handful of goals, we would have a player come back to us in January with more confidence, more experience, and with the belief he could step up and help us if needed. 

Interestingly Bonne, as a teenager has already scored a number of League goals for Colchester, when they were in League One.

Bonne has also scored against Charlton in a competitive match:

"Bonne scored his first Colchester goal since his Lincoln loan on 8 November with the equalising goal in the U's 1–1 draw with Charlton Athletic in the EFL Trophy. He also converted a penalty during the penalty shoot-out, which Colchester won 4–3."

He might currently be judged as not ready for the Championship, but he's already made plenty of League One appearances for Colchester.
    7, I think . 
  • Great window. What happened to oztumer? Still a possibility if he cancels his contract or completely gone?