Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Jordan Cousins looks like he maybe joining Stoke on free transfer.
    Ha, not good enough for us though apparently.
  • lolwray said:
    sam3110 said:
    Well yeah we know we offered Bauer a new deal, but Bowyer said that 2 who we offered deals to should be returning, so there's 3 options, 1 is that it was Bauer he was expecting back, 2 is that it is Aribo he thinks is coming back, and 3 is that he's referring to Fosu coming back. Given Bauer has confirmed he's off and said he's off last summer, and Fosu was completely unfancied in the second half of the season, I'm praying it's Aribo, but I doubt it will be tbh
    Could be Williams, he's open to staying if we can agree on the numbers
    With the numbers Roland is offering it will be the 1970's comedian Charlie Williams. 
    Good centre half for Bradford in his day.
    Barnsley 
    Doncaster.
  • Charlie Williams the comedian was one of the first black players after the war and played 150 games for Donny. I heard he had a golden shot !  ( One for the teenagers).
  • seth plum said:
    Paddy gone
    Seth is a wrongun I tell thee 
    Eh?
    It was a joke about myself and Bayer sharing a name. I then made a really crap joke in response to an equally crap joke. 

That's basically it
  • Charlie Williams the comedian was one of the first black players after the war and played 150 games for Donny. I heard he had a golden shot !  ( One for the teenagers).
    Sat next to him on the plane on the club trip to Tunisia, just after winning promotion in 1975.
    Lovely warm fella. Kept me entertained with his stories for the whole flight.

• Oggy Red said:
    Charlie Williams the comedian was one of the first black players after the war and played 150 games for Donny. I heard he had a golden shot !  ( One for the teenagers).
    Sat next to him on the plane on the club trip to Tunisia, just after winning promotion in 1975.
    Lovely warm fella. Kept me entertained with his stories for the whole flight.

Unless we’re signing him (for PoTY compère duties) keep these comments off this thread. 
  • We will need 2 centre backs now.  Let’s hope for Tom Lockyer then deji oshilaja .Paul Downing , Jordan Willis could also do a job. Hopefully RD will offer a bit More than 2.5 k now. 

Of course bielik would be an ideal replacement for paddy. 

• Wonder if we’ll sign Purrington?
  • Our third player from Orient in a year i think?  Big step up for the lad. 
    Gallen said he watches games there regularly.
  • leefender said:

Would Acworth please Roly in the same way?...
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember ackworth slagging John Robinson of as a crap centre forward.because he word the number 9 shirt.
    He must have also thought that Sweaty Balmer was a crap GK.
  • I wonder how many times a side that won the playoffs have gone into a new season without any of the scorers in the final in their squad?
  • Another one of the promising diamonds in the rough of league 1 gone.

Fleetwood also got Danny Andrew off Doncaster, he impressed in playoffs.
  • Fleetwood splashing the cash for League One
  • We need Lockyer then
    We need two right-side centre halves
  • Jordan Cousins looks like he maybe joining Stoke on free transfer.
    Ha, not good enough for us though apparently.

@blackpool72

when you’re in a hole stop digging ;0)
    I don't think I'm in a hole. 
    When Jonathan Johansson (excuse my spelling) came to Charlton from Rangers he said he was coming to a bigger club. 
    As we were in the premier league. 

Now I know Charlton ain't as big as rangers or Celtic  but my point is that they play in a shit league. 
    That’s not what you said though. You said “Celtic are a Mickey Mouse club” 

we’ll leave it there
    Nathan Jones might know him from Academy / Youth set up days at charlton
  • Ferryman said:
    Another one of the promising diamonds in the rough of league 1 gone.

Fleetwood also got Danny Andrew off Doncaster, he impressed in playoffs.
    They put some money aside to pay for Joy Barton's legal cases but he seems to come up smelling of roses and get away with it
  • We're not interested in Marquis as he would cost too much (so we can go back to calling him a sh*t Andy Carroll!)

• Bauer is the first of our out of contract or released players to be fixed up I think. I've not heard any rumours at all about the players we let go, the likes of Marshall, Reeves, Ajose, Parker etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Josh Morris has apparently chosen Fleetwood over us and Pompey. Didn't fancy our £2.5k anymore than Bauer with £5k then.
  • Bauer is the first of our out of contract or released players to be fixed up I think. I've not heard any rumours at all about the players we let go, the likes of Marshall, Reeves, Ajose, Parker etc
    Parker has signed for Gillingham 
  • Ferryman said:
    Josh Morris has apparently chosen Fleetwood over us and Pompey. Didn't fancy our £2.5k anymore than Bauer with £5k then.
    correct
  • Reeves will pop up at Oxford, Ajose will sign for someone like Colchester or Northampton I reckon. Marshall will end up being a bit part player for Wimbledon or someone similar. 
  • I want Amos would be a quality signing if he will drop his money 
    Parker has signed for Gillingham 
    He hasn't, that was a joke by somebody!
  • Would Amos come to be back-up? I highly doubt it
  • Slightly surprised that we're after a "joint number 1" rather than someone who'd be happy as backup, but I guess Amos's stock has fallen after a poor season