Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Cawley has ruled out the Marquis link to Millwall, but not us. 2+2, John Marquis confirmed. Didn't mean to call you s**t when you missed your penno John, honest. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Arsenal are happy loaning to us - Bielik and Coquelin benefitted massively from it
    Don't forget Sanogo... Hat trick in CAFC colours
    And Frimpong.......ok forget that one.
  • edited June 2019
    Would be happy with Marquis. Like Taylor a player you hate when playing against you but love in your own side.

Should be easy to get to Bromley Addicks too.
    We're probably going to need a few nasty buggers in the team next season. The open flowing football of last season was fantastic, but if we're going to survive on our shoe string budget next season I suspect we might have to lower ourselves to fighting dirty on more than a few occasions.
  • Would be happy with Marquis. Like Taylor a player you hate when playing against you but love in your own side.

We're probably going to need a few nasty buggers in the team next season. The open flowing football of last season was fantastic, but if we're going to survive on our shoe string budget next season I suspect we might have to lower ourselves to fighting dirty on more than a few occasions.
    Pratley and Pearce will take care of that when needed. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Arsenal are happy loaning to us - Bielik and Coquelin benefitted massively from it
    Don't forget Sanogo... Hat trick in CAFC colours
    And Frimpong...... oh maybe not 
  • Cawley being very defeatist there. Lots of factors come into a loan deal. Player may prefer to stay closer to home. Parent club may have a favourable view of the amount of game time a certain team will give the player, or the way they play, or the reputation they have for good coaching. Not that that necessarily makes us the front runner for this deal, but when a promising young player is being loaned out by a club the size of Arsenal - the loaning club's standing and the financials of the deal play a lesser role than in other types of transfer. I don't see why we wouldn't be a serious option.
    He definitely won't be coming to us. Bundesliga clubs are queuing up. Arsenal's budget isn't that great either so they will want clubs paying his wages too, something we can't do. I fear this may rule us out of the running for Bielik too. 
  • Has anyone mentioned Frimpong?
  • Would love to see Marquis, think he is a very good finisher that could make the step up

as for the Arsenal lad, no one thought we had a chance for Beilik last year, i would bot put us as favourites but our recent relationship with Arsenal should give us a chance.  

Get both of them plus Taylor and the Orient lad and that is decent up top but very short in midfield where Aribo/Williams/Cullen/Beilik and to a lesser degree Fosu and Reeves leaving leave us empty!
  • Sponsored links:

• I always see people say “we have no chance because Bundesliga clubs are in the mix.” But outside of perhaps 4-5 clubs in that League, the rest are Championship quality and many of them make less revenue than we will. I think we make the Bundesliga a boogie-man more than they are worthy of, except for just a small handful of clubs.
  • Arsenal would be wise to loan to us so they can keep an eye on him in the same part of the country. 
    21g in 25 matches for U18, U19, U20 and U21 the last 4 years. Interesting!
  • edited June 2019
    Cawley made out like the other clubs in the mix compared to us were gargantuan. Bristol City don't have that much on us and we have a better history of developing youth. Augsburg could obviously be a good move but I still think he would be better off with us, our track record for developing players over the years has been brilliant despite poor ownership.

As echoed above, Taylor, Bonne, Nketiah and either Eaves or Marquis would be pretty decent for a strike force in the championship. Certainly better than the last time we played in the championship
  • edited June 2019
    I am just gonna go on the record and say I would have much preferred Eaves on a free than a National League striker (Bonne) for £200k. Leyton fans on their board don't seem to think Bonne is all that great and making a three-league jump seems a lot more risky than getting Eaves, who at least proved himself in the League we just left and scored more goals than Bonne while doing it. Oh well, its done. Next.
  • I am just gonna go on the record and say I would have much preferred Eaves on a free than a National League striker (Bonne) for £200k. Leyton fans on their board don't seem to think Bonne is all that great and making a three-league jump seems a lot more risky than getting Eaves, who at least proved himself in the League we just left and scored more goals than Bonne while doing it. Oh well, its done. Next.
    Maybe but Gallen has been tracking him for two years and Gallen has been brilliant for us so far. 
    Gallen's track record is invaluable to us you can't put a price on it. If you have a 100% success rate with signings as we did last season we can be just as effective as a team with twice our budget but only say a 50% success rate in the market.

Just as important as Bowyer and Jackson.
  • I am just gonna go on the record and say I would have much preferred Eaves on a free than a National League striker (Bonne) for £200k. Leyton fans on their board don't seem to think Bonne is all that great and making a three-league jump seems a lot more risky than getting Eaves, who at least proved himself in the League we just left and scored more goals than Bonne while doing it. Oh well, its done. Next.
    Maybe but Gallen has been tracking him for two years and Gallen has been brilliant for us so far. 
    Agree. But are we sure Gallen will even be here in 11 days?
  • Sponsored links:

Agree. But are we sure Gallen will even be here in 11 days?
    He’s under contract for another season.
  • I am just gonna go on the record and say I would have much preferred Eaves on a free than a National League striker (Bonne) for £200k. Leyton fans on their board don't seem to think Bonne is all that great and making a three-league jump seems a lot more risky than getting Eaves, who at least proved himself in the League we just left and scored more goals than Bonne while doing it. Oh well, its done. Next

I thought you weren't coming on here anymore....

Anyway, I expect Gallen has seen Bonne play a few more times than you have & if the last season is anything to go by I trust his eye for a player. 
  • 10 min a day... which are up now!
    We can sign both.
    Gallen said Bowyer wants 2 per position and that we want 3 strikers.

I see us bringing in Eaves or another physical striker as an alternative for Lyle, and another pacey striker who will be expected to be first choice, with the young Arsenal striker on loan being one option.
  • I didn't see anything in Marquis to suggest he can step up a level. OK to bring on last ten if you are chasing a game and lumping it up.
  • Would be happy with Marquis. Like Taylor a player you hate when playing against you but love in your own side.

Won’t sign him. Bowyer already said he can sign young players for a fee. 
    Dont see marquis in that category and you won’t get him for less than a million