Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Cheers Patrick.
  • Big big shoes to fill, big Pat is replaceable but we are gonna have competition for his replacements. 

Hopefully we already have the replacement and they announce it today to cheer us up a bit, probably wishful thinking
  • Paddy gone
    Seth is a wrongun I tell thee 
  • Shame about Bauer but don't blame him in the slightest. Will probably make 4 times what we are offering. Just sad that under sensible ownership we would be making an effort to keep him and Aribo to build on the last season. 
  • Who did we offer new deals to? Aribo, Bauer, Forster-Caskey, Fosu...? If 2 are meant to be staying, and Bauer is definitely gone, does this mean the almost unthinkable and Aribo is here for another year?
  • sam3110 said:
    Who did we offer new deals to? Aribo, Bauer, Forster-Caskey, Fosu...? If 2 are meant to be staying, and Bauer is definitely gone, does this mean the almost unthinkable and Aribo is here for another year?
    God loves an optimist. 

God knows I hope you are right.
  • sam3110 said:
    Who did we offer new deals to? Aribo, Bauer, Forster-Caskey, Fosu...? If 2 are meant to be staying, and Bauer is definitely gone, does this mean the almost unthinkable and Aribo is here for another year?
    Could be that we offered Bauer a contract and he chose to go elsewhere. Would love it if Aribo stays but my feeling is unlikely. After the last few days if it ends up we renew contracts for Aribo and Forster-Caskey i would be delighted
  • sam3110 said:
    Yeah I said this on the Bowyer thread for some reason. With BFG gone that leaves 3/4 of the players we had offered contracts. According to reports Fosu was never staying and he looks Oxford bound. So is there a chance of Aribo staying? Would be a huge boost but unlikely 
  • Well yeah we know we offered Bauer a new deal, but Bowyer said that 2 who we offered deals to should be returning, so there's 3 options, 1 is that it was Bauer he was expecting back, 2 is that it is Aribo he thinks is coming back, and 3 is that he's referring to Fosu coming back. Given Bauer has confirmed he's off and said he's off last summer, and Fosu was completely unfancied in the second half of the season, I'm praying it's Aribo, but I doubt it will be tbh
  • Maybe Aribo is holding out to see if a new owner comes in and offers him what he wants. I’m sure he wants to stay
  • Sponsored links:

• JFC is 100% coming back as he's probably lucky we offered him a new deal based on him being out for 10 months
  • sam3110 said:
    Well yeah we know we offered Bauer a new deal, but Bowyer said that 2 who we offered deals to should be returning, so there's 3 options, 1 is that it was Bauer he was expecting back, 2 is that it is Aribo he thinks is coming back, and 3 is that he's referring to Fosu coming back. Given Bauer has confirmed he's off and said he's off last summer, and Fosu was completely unfancied in the second half of the season, I'm praying it's Aribo, but I doubt it will be tbh
    Could be Williams, he's open to staying if we can agree on the numbers
  • What did Bowyer say exactly. Was it just two existing players will be signing - that could include extensions for likes of Sarr and Taylor.  There is also Williams of course
  • Could one be a contract extension to Taylor ?
  • sam3110 said:
    Well yeah we know we offered Bauer a new deal, but Bowyer said that 2 who we offered deals to should be returning, so there's 3 options, 1 is that it was Bauer he was expecting back, 2 is that it is Aribo he thinks is coming back, and 3 is that he's referring to Fosu coming back. Given Bauer has confirmed he's off and said he's off last summer, and Fosu was completely unfancied in the second half of the season, I'm praying it's Aribo, but I doubt it will be tbh
    With the numbers Roland is offering it will be the 1970's comedian Charlie Williams. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Sorry guys - I missed the interview when he said this . Is there a link ?
  • I think Bowyer meant/said (can't remember the exact quote) maybe two rather than definitely. Perhaps he was waiting on Bauer's decision and we were hoping he was going to choose to stay.
  • Another CB that looks a good prospect is Dom Hyam of Coventry. Great statistics (blocks and interceptions) and was player of the year for Cov.
  • sam3110 said:
    With the numbers Roland is offering it will be the 1970's comedian Charlie Williams. 
    Charlie related to my wife.
  • Hope we push for Curtis Nelson if it’s not too late, liked him since his Plymouth days. Cardiff favourites for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I posted this before and I know stats aren't everything but it shows all hope is not lost. 

If we are looking to get a good replacement the stand out is Ryan Tafazolli, 6'5, similar build to Pat and fancies himself for a championship move. 
  • Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Have a word with him then. 
    We need all the help we can get  😁
  • Maybe Aribo is holding out to see if a new owner comes in and offers him what he wants. I’m sure he wants to stay
    Maybe when he gets back he is off too. There’s wanting to stay and being financially better off. There are very few in life that can afford the comfort of wanting to be somewhere over money 
  • sam3110 said:
    Good centre half for Bradford in his day.
  • Paddy gone
    I'm still here actually. Then again, much in the same way how I Can't Believe It's Not Butter maintains a market presence, but even so. 
  • Paddy gone
    Eh?
  • So where has Bauer gone? Bit of a shame. Big F...ing Germans.
  • Preston being mentioned on Twitter. Yesterday Cawley said Preston, Blackburn and Wigan were all after him and we couldn’t match what they were offering.
  • Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:

Had a drink with him once in Barnsley. Very funny guy. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Good centre half for Bradford in his day.
    Barnsley