Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    What?
    Brighton Goal Kick... Longest one played = 20-yards

Better?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What?
    Brighton play out from the keeper.  A lot.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    There's a guy at Stuttgart, Guirassy, who's got 11 in 6 games so far this season - 10 in 5 in the league.

Currently on track to get 76 league goals this season.

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What?
    Brighton play out from the keeper.  A lot.
    I know that, just didn’t get the stat.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What?
    Brighton Goal Kick... Longest one played = 20-yards

Better?
    Yeah, makes more sense.
  • Options
    Cheltenham Town have become the first team to go 9 full league games from the start of the season without scoring.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66828695
  • Options
    There's a guy at Stuttgart, Guirassy, who's got 11 in 6 games so far this season - 10 in 5 in the league.

Chelsea will sign him and put an end to that.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Chelsea will sign him and put an end to that.
    Nah, they don't sign strikers, just 4 of every other position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Newcastle are the first club to score eight goals in a Premier League game against two clubs from the same city.
  • Options
    Cheltenham Town have become the first team to go 10 full league games from the start of the season without scoring. We are watching history being made in the division, and for once it isn't us at the centre of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cheltenham Town have become the first team to go 10 full league games from the start of the season without scoring. We are watching history being made in the division, and for once it isn't us at the centre of it.
    Their next match is at home to 2nd bottom Fleetwood. Is this finally their moment….
  • Options
    Who did Cheltenham sell their goal scorer to?
  • Options
    I have got a good one but I can't post it pre MotD else I'll upset someone.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As you have all had the chance

Yesterday was the first time in over 10 years that United and City both lost a 3pm kick off on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yesterday was the first time in over 10 years that United and City both lost a 3pm kick off on a Saturday.
    Wow, that was well worth the wait. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

From how many occasions ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

From how many occasions ? 
    I have no idea but probably not many.
  • Options
    Who did Cheltenham sell their goal scorer to?
    The same bloke who last scored a goal for them in the League. Against us in fact in the 88th minute of the final match of last season.

In fact, no Cheltenham player has scored in any competition for them this season (12 matches and almost 20 hours of football) as they lost 2-0 against Birmingham in the League Cup and their only goal in their 4-1 defeat in the Football League Trophy against Lincoln was an own goal. 
  • Options
    Hope they've scored a goal before we play them at the end of November.
  • Options
    Their next match is at home to 2nd bottom Fleetwood. Is this finally their moment….
    Nope. 11 without a goal. Derby up next.
  • Options
    They've now equalled the EFL record of most consecutive games (11) without scoring.

Record is jointly held by:

Coventry - 1919-20
    Hartlepool - 1992-93
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    The English side with the longest ever unbeaten run in Europe is............David Moyes' West Ham.

Tonight they became the first English side in history to go 17 consecutive games in European competition unbeaten

• Options

15 minute hat trick today.
    13 goals in 7 league games.
  • Options
    Only on course for 71 goals now then.

Slacking.
  • Options
    Cheltenham Town scored today.