Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Question on pointless today:

Name teams with negative - goals in the history of the Premier: there are over 40 teams to chose from.

Only 9 teams have + goals in the history of the Premier !

• Options
    Jannik Vestergaard made 180 accurate passes in Leicester's 2-0 win over Stoke on Saturday. That is only 100 less than the entire Stoke team.
  • Options
    Olivier Giroud has just made the Serie A team of the week… in goal.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    He only played 7 minutes 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Speaking of that game. 
    Both goalkeepers were sent off. Has that ever happened before?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    He only played 7 minutes 
    Yeah but they got that most precious of things - a win, a win, a clean sheet win.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    He only played 7 minutes 
    He's no Steve Brown or Steve Gritt.
  • Options
    The Marshal Islands are the only country in the world without a national football team.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    not sure if it has been mentioned on here but I read this earlier and still felt the need to double check so I think it qualifies...

When Jordan Henderson left in the summer, Liverpools longest serving current player became Joe Gomez. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    not sure if it has been mentioned on here but I read this earlier and still felt the need to double check so I think it qualifies...

When Jordan Henderson left in the summer, Liverpools longest serving current player became Joe Gomez. 

Gudmundsson is Burnley’s too. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Gudmundsson is Burnley’s too. 
    i bet  dushithead has the fat hump about it lol
  • Options
    Harry Kane has 9 goals in the Bundesliga and scores, on average, a goal every 77 minutes. He lies, however, in second place to Serhou Guirassy who has an incredible 14 goals to his name - one every 46 minutes, the equivalent of one in every half a game of football, he has played in the League this season.  
  • Options
    Ademola Lookman is now 26 and has played for 7 clubs including loans.

His 49 games for Charlton in all competitions remains the most appearances he has made for any of the clubs he has represented.
  • Options
    Ademola Lookman is now 26 and has played for 7 clubs including loans.

His 49 games for Charlton in all competitions remains the most appearances he has made for any of the clubs he has represented.
    If he plays a part in Atalanta's next six games, this fact becomes a non fact in one month and one day.

A really interesting career across England, Germany and Italy. Fair play to him - Everton made a mistake in not making him a core part of their team.
  • Options
    Manchester United have now lost as many home league games in 10 years since Sir Alex retired as they did during his 26 years in charge.
  • Options
    Brentford have won more games at Stamford Bridge than Chelsea have in the time between their latest two fixtures against Chelsea.
  • Options
    Manchester United have now lost as many home league games in 10 years since Sir Alex retired as they did during his 26 years in charge.
    I think it's Premier League home games rather than all home league games under Ferguson, but it's still a telling stat.
  • Options
    Ajax sit bottom of the Dutch 1st division having only won once this season in the league. 
    Also Jong Ajax sit bottom of the Dutch 2nd division.
    Long May it continue 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Cambridge are 1 point and one place below us in the league after 16 games - they have scored 13 goals.

We have scored 25 in 1 less game
  • Options
    Inter Miami, Blackpool and Dukla Prague (great away kit) all have the same amount of Ballon d'Or winners as Ajax and Liverpool.
  • Options
    Also, Maradona never won the Ballon d'Or or the FIFA World Player of the Year.

(There wasn't much/any chance for him to but it doesn't sound right when you first hear it!).
  • Options
    A marathon affair at Ballymena Showgrounds on Tuesday saw Coleraine emerge 18-17 winners in the shootout after the match ended 1-1 at full-time and after extra time. 

Forty-four penalties were taken and the tie eventually ended at 22:50 GMT. The Bannsiders' win saw them progress to the BetMcLean Cup quarter-finals.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    A marathon affair at Ballymena Showgrounds on Tuesday saw Coleraine emerge 18-17 winners in the shootout after the match ended 1-1 at full-time and after extra time. 

Forty-four penalties were taken and the tie eventually ended at 22:50 GMT. The Bannsiders' win saw them progress to the BetMcLean Cup quarter-finals.
    Losing shot taken by the keeper. I bet the poor sod felt too knackered to kick it!  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67360598
  • Options
    In a glorious bit of shithousery, the Peruvian National Champions had to celebrate in the dark after their rivals turned this lights out on them. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/09/football-daily-email-universitario-alianza-lima-peru
  • Options
    Wycombe V Stevenage today - got to be up there as longest lasting match without extra time/penalties ever surely? 16 minutes injury time in the first half, then another 28 minutes in the second.
  • Options
    Wycombe V Stevenage today - got to be up there as longest lasting match without extra time/penalties ever surely? 16 minutes injury time in the first half, then another 28 minutes in the second.
    And Wycombe didn't manage a single shot on target in that time...

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    And Wycombe didn't manage a single shot on target in that time...

Stevenage only managed 2 shots on target. What a terrible game that must have been to watch. Although they are two of the worst sides to watch generally, neither like to play football, and prefer to be physical and bully opponents. 
  • Options
    The Shithouse derby?