Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• The first person to score for Scotland at a Major Tournament since AllyMcCoist... Was German

Didn't they score at Euro 2020?
  • edited June 14
    Aww... Yes they did... Not sure why I've been hearing about Ally McCoist then - The stat might be abroad, as they scored that @ Glasgow
  • Aww... Yes they did... Not sure why I've been hearing about Ally McCoist then - The stat might be abroad, as they scored that @ Glasgow
    Yeah they said that last night @ForeverAddickted, but I think they added 'in a win'.
  • Winning goal 
  • Mbappe has never scored at a European Championship

I know he's young, and this is probably just his second or maybe third tournament - But still feels so surreal
  • Faversham Town are the only football club that can wear the Royal Coat of Arms of England on their shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mbappe has never scored at a European Championship

I know he's young, and this is probably just his second or maybe third tournament - But still feels so surreal
    9 games, 1 goal (a penalty) at Euro's.
    14 games, 12 goals at World Cup's.

Bizarre how he's underperformed so much at Euro's.
  • edited August 18
    Crewe made three tactical substitutions in the 38th minute yesterday; they were 4-0 down at home to Chesterfield after 28 minutes 
  • edited August 18
    Crewe made three tactical substitutions in the 38th minute yesterday; they were 4-0 down at home to Chesterfield after 28 minutes 
    Favourite one for Crewe I saw yesterday. They have lost the last 6 games at home or in a neutral venue (playoff final) by an aggregate of 0-18.
  • Don’t know if this is true but apparently the injury time winner by Berry v Orient was our first one since Bauer at Wembley in 2019 
  • Don’t know if this is true but apparently the injury time winner by Berry v Orient was our first one since Bauer at Wembley in 2019 
    In the league or playoffs it is.

In all competitions it's not. Jack Payne scored an injury time winner against Brighton under 21's in the EFL Trophy in 2022/23. Jonathan Leko also in the EFL Trophy scored an injury time winner against MK Dons in 2021/22.
  • Birmingham spent more on transfers than Manchester City did this summer.
  • Football fact that doesn’t sound true. There is an official tournament where Football League teams are pitted against the U21 teams of Premier League clubs.
  • Football fact that doesn’t sound true. There is an official tournament where Football League teams are pitted against the U21 teams of Premier League clubs.
    Even more unbelievable is that the Football league teams are fined if they field a weakened side.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 5
    Bolton player Victor Adeboyejo missed their last game because he sneezed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwywj70wjq2o
  • edited September 5
    Yep, I can relate.  Once sneezed and the 2nd sneeze out of the set of 3 took my back out. I was off work for three days.
  • San Marino won a game today.
    Think that's their first ever win in a competitive game? I seem to remember there being some chat when the Nations League started up that regular games against the other lowest-ranked countries would be what they needed to finally win one.
    San Marino have won more games than Everton this season.
  • Brazil have lost 4 of their last 5 World Cup qualifiers. The same number as they had lost in their previous 60 World Cup qualifiers.
  • I missed earlier in the year Romario came out of retirement and registered as a player so he can play alongside his son. He's 58.
  • Scoham said:
    I missed earlier in the year Romario came out of retirement and registered as a player so he can play alongside his son. He's 58.
    Only slightly older than Matthews when he stopped playing. 
  • More Italian managers than Italian players have won the Premier League.
  • edited September 13
    Jamie Carragher scored 11 whilst at Liverpool in 508 games, 7 of them were own goals.