Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

1737475767779»

Comments

• Options
    3 teams have scored 7 goals in an FA Cup game and not won.

2 of them were against Dulwich Hamlet. The other team was Dulwich Hamlet.

Dulwich Hamlet 8-7 St Albans
    Dulwich Hamlet 7-7 Wealdstone

I just read this with my bus literally going past their ground, lol
  • Options
    edited March 23
    3 teams have scored 7 goals in an FA Cup game and not won.

2 of them were against Dulwich Hamlet. The other team was Dulwich Hamlet.

Dulwich Hamlet 8-7 St Albans
    Dulwich Hamlet 7-7 Wealdstone

That's a cracking fact. Spare a thought for Wilf Minter who scored all seven for St Albans and still lost.
  • Options
    In 152 years of international football the two fastest ever goals were both scored on the same day yesterday.

Christoph Baumgartner scored after 6 seconds for Austria v Slovakia.
    Later in the evening Florian Wirtz scored after 7 seconds for Germany v France.
    Well, that's a Teutonic Two Tonic.
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Danepak said:
    Kasper Schmeichel is playing his 100th game tonight (friendly vs Switzerland).
    He’s had 45 clean sheets and let 82 goals in.
    When his dad Peter had played 100 games, he had 45 clean sheets and had let 82 goals in.
    As it was a 0-0 draw he’s now bettered his dads record at 100 caps?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Danepak said:
    Kasper Schmeichel is playing his 100th game tonight (friendly vs Switzerland).
    He’s had 45 clean sheets and let 82 goals in.
    When his dad Peter had played 100 games, he had 45 clean sheets and had let 82 goals in.
    As it was a 0-0 draw he’s now bettered his dad’s record at 100 caps?
    Actually yes I think so.
    The commentator said that Kasper was playing his match number 100 and that he’d kept 45 clean sheets and let 82 goals in. Exactly the same as his dad after 100 games.
    So would be 46 clean sheets. Not that crazy a stat after all I guess…
  • Options

Don’t know if this has been posted before or if they’re true … if so , madness ! 
  • Options
    Not convinced on that Giroud one!
  • Options
    Kick off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don’t know if this has been posted before or if they’re true … if so , madness ! 
    The fact they have to point out who Lahm played for makes me feel old
  • Options
    Kick off?
    Centre forwards rarely kick off anymore - it’s usually a CM
  • Options
    Was Deano ever flagged offside?
  • Options
    Looking online it seems the Giroud one isn't true.

He did however play every game at the 2018 World Cup without having a shot on target, which is pretty amazing for the main centre forward in a team that won the tournament.
  • Options

I’m just waiting for the player that beats the first one by being flagged minus 1 times in their entire career. 
  • Options
    Zidane one is false as well. He was caught offside in the semi final against Man Utd and against Barcelona. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Interesting that they specifically say “as a defender”; obviously was a filthy fecker when playing at centre-forward. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Interesting that they specifically say “as a defender”; obviously was a filthy fecker when playing at centre-forward. 
    This one is true, but exaggerated. It was a 24 game streak that covered a period of 14 months. Still impressive.
  • Options

• Options
    edited March 31
    It's now over a year and 61 games since Rodri was last on the losing side. 53 of those games were for City and 8 for Spain and during that period those teams lost 6 of the 17 matches that he didn't play in. It's also 63 matches since City were beaten with him in the team which was the 1-0 defeat to Spurs on 5th February 2023.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some great strikers and their total career goals:

Torres - 301 goals
    Van Persie - 322 goals
    Rooney - 366 goals
    Drogba - 368 goals
    Shevchenko - 391 goals
    Van Nistelrooy - 394 goals
    Henry - 413 goals
    Ronaldo Nazario - 414 goals

Cristiano Ronaldo since turning 30 years old: 417 goals

• Options
    Don't rule out Ronaldo Nazario upping his total, if he turns out for Harold Hill again. ;)
  • Options
    Last season, Forest Green and Ipswich were in the same league.

Next season, Forest Green could be in the National League, and Ipswich could be in the Premier League.