Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football facts that don't sound true (but are)

Comments

• Options
    Like how you can do that - What site is that from ?
  • Options
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/tabellenachminuten/wettbewerb/GB3?saison_id=2023&range=60%27%3B75%27&time_start=61&time_end=75

For reference, other positions by period:

Kickoff - 15: 8th
    16-30: 12th
    31-45: 15th
    45+1 - HT: 16th
    HT - 60: 11th
    76-90: 10th
    90+1 - FT: 12th
  • Options
    edited January 15
    I (or someone else) may have posted this before, but something just reminded me, so I thought I would put it out there in case nobody had. 

The second Jack the Ripper murder (Annie Chapman) happened on the same day the first Football League matches were played.   
    Rules out 132 suspects straight away.
    Poor woman had an acca on 5 aways that came in. When it's not your day!!!! 
  • Options
    Weirdly, thats Aboubakar Kamara who used to play for Fulham
  • Options
    And a bullet header.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Weirdly, thats Aboubakar Kamara who used to play for Fulham
    Yeah who was squad number 47. He’s kept the nickname for team sheets 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4776 players have made at least one Premier League appearance.
    James Milner has played against 2277 of them.
  • Options
    4776 players have made at least one Premier League appearance.
    James Milner has played against 2277 of them.

James Milner has played 928 apps in senior football: league, cups, Europe and internationals.

Milner is second to James Vaughan in being the youngest scorer in the Premier League at 16  years 356 days.

If he can score for Brighton some time until the end of this season he will be in the top 7 oldest scorer's in Premier history.

Milner was 38 on 4th January.
  • Options
    Excluding Alfie May, Lloyd Jones' goal against Bolton is our only league goal scored by a member of today's starting XI since George's Dobson's successful effort in the opening game of the season against Orient on 5th August 

• Options
    edited January 20
    Excluding Alfie May, Lloyd Jones' goal against Bolton is our only league goal scored by a member of today's starting XI since George's Dobson's successful effort in the opening game of the season against Orient on 5th August 

I know it’s boring to always refer back to the Powell promotion season, but in that season we had 14 different goalscorers. 
  • Options
    Michael Appletons master plan for preventing us conceding late goals was to make sure we were already beaten before 80 minutes 
  • Options
    Manchester City's goal tonight follows exactly 100 previous unsuccessful attempts on goal at Spurs' new Stadium since it was first built
  • Options
    Manchester City's goal tonight follows exactly 100 previous unsuccessful attempts on goal at Spurs' new Stadium since it was first built
    Imagine how many of those 100 would have gone in if they were at The Valley...   
  • Options
    Just noticed there’s a full league one programme today.
    Not sure how often no 3rd tier club has made the 4th round of the cup.
  • Options
    Just noticed there’s a full league one programme today.
    Not sure how often no 3rd tier club has made the 4th round of the cup.
    Just goes to show how incredibly average this division is. And how bad we must be!
  • Options
    There’s a team in Dubai called Slugs and Goats FC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I (or someone else) may have posted this before, but something just reminded me, so I thought I would put it out there in case nobody had. 

The second Jack the Ripper murder (Annie Chapman) happened on the same day the first Football League matches were played.   
    Now that’s a proper protest. 

No ifs, no buts!
  • Options
    None of the 8 teams that played in the quarter finals of the previous African Cup of Nations in 2021 have reached the quarter finals of this year's tournament.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday have played 20 Championship matches this season and their top scorer is Michael Smith who stands alone with the "massive" total of three goals. 
    At one point quite a way into the season they got relegated, Brian Kidd was ManUre’s top scorer with low single figures, Alex Stepney was second on two. What’s hard to believe about that? He was the goalie. 
  • Options
    Leicester and Ipswich have made the best ever two starts to a Championship season.

On PPG, Reading were better. 
  • Options
    Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock H author etc) played in goal for Portsmouth (long time ago) using the name A C Smith .. he also played 'first class' cricket for the M C C 
    Apart from being writers, being a ‘keeper is what he and Albert Camus have in common. 
  • Options
    Leicester and Ipswich have made the best ever two starts to a Championship season.

Sorry lost me there.
    They've all played 20 games.
  • Options
    Apparently tonight is the first time that Reading have won in midweek, and not against a team beginning with the Letter: "B" since 2014
  • Options

The first column is wins not games.
  • Options

The first column is wins not games.
    That explains it.