Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Wembley

Where r people going to be heading? Wen we go England we normally go novotel on Wembley way however I’d like to b with the rest of the charlton family! Let me know where people r thinking. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I imagine we will get the same pubs as Watford today as we are on the west side of the stadium.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/wembley-pub-split-fa-cup-final-2019

Always sit in 109 at Wembley and only ever go to the torch. Will be strange being down the other end and going to a different pub.
  • Options
    Went to The Globe opposite Baker Street tube last year when Bromley got to Wembley. Not that far on the tube although missed ko by 15 mins when following Bromley so will have to leave earlier.
  • Options
    I like this thread already
  • Options
    The Green Man is the best pub in Wembley. We’ve been given it for the day so let’s make the most of it!
  • Options
    Kilburn London Tavern or Brondesage or West Hampstead The Railway choo choo
  • Options
    Drink in Covent Garden, would be easier.
  • Options
    The Green Man is the best pub in Wembley. We’ve been given it for the day so let’s make the most of it!

Yes the Green Man is probably the best pub nr Wembley. Someone said there is a Boxpark at Wembley now too? Has anybody been there? Ive been to the one in Croydon during the last World cup and despite it being in Croydon it was pretty good atmosphere
  • Options
    Where do we find out wot pubs we have been given? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably the Volunteer, nice pub near Baker Street. Wembley usually send out info on Wembley area pubs a few days before 
  • Options
    Also have a look at what Watford have been allocated today, clubs who the western end of the stadium use the same pubs 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like the best bet, Uber XL from Sunbury for 6 at 11.00, £40-50, have it
  • Options
    London Bridge for me. That’s where my group will be meeting 
  • Options
    Green Man sounds like best bet.
    Decent booza too, and should only be Charlton there as per Police instructions.
  • Options
    Green Man is a trek up a long hill but is good  - big garden and decent beer etc.

• Options
    Sunderland will all be in trafalgar Sqaure like there checkatrade game I would imagine what time does green man open 
  • Options
    Probably have a few in Kilburn on the way up before heading to Wembley for 1/2 more. The Green Man sounding like the best bet. 
  • Options
    Green man for 10.30/11.00 is my plan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do we know which ones we’ve been allocated? 
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:
    Look at the link in the 3rd post. It will surely be the same as for cup final.
  • Options
    About 20k of us going to be heading to the Green man at this rate.........
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    I'm tempted by London Bridge, but might be a stretch for an older gentlemen with a full bladder.
    Baker Street is probably better for those with full bladders so they can get a tube straight to Wembley and avoid the ‘stop at all stations’ jubilee line. In the past it’s been one set of fans in the weatherspoons and the other set of fans across the road. Not sure if that is still the case though
  • Options
    Ultimatum said:
    Look at the link in the 3rd post. It will surely be the same as for cup final.
    I tweeted Green man last night, they confirmed we have been allocated the pub and they will have food stalls/vans. Leaving Dartford at 9.30ish to get there for opening 😂
  • Options
    The last time I was at Wembley was '98 so I may be wrong.

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

London Bridge and the Covent Garden area I would imagine is favourite.
  • Options

I imagine that all of the pubs advertised for the fans will be absolutely heaving.  You would be better off drinking well away from Wembley and tube/train it in later.

Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Please tell me you will be going.
    You've already missed a never to be forgotten Charlton game. 
  • Options
    What's the beer like in the ground? More importantly where will we (hopefully) be celebrating afterwards?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Surely the whole point is to be boozing amongst other fans, soaking in the occasion? Why anyone would want to drink 35 minutes away in some shite tourist pub is beyond me.

Can always take cans in to the beer garden and fill up a pint glass from your first round if you're worried about not getting served quickly.
    The Shipwright Arms on Tooley St is OK.